Music Store Live is proud to present this EVH Wolfgang Special! If you're looking for a guitar good enough for Eddie Van Halen that can do pretty much everything except empty your bank account, the Wolfgang Special is the way to go. The sound is thick and heavy but retains a crisp definition that can be heard even with gobs of distortion. The neck is super fast and comfortable everywhere, bends are easy and lightning fast runs are effortless. The upper register on this guitar is really something special. All the way up to the 22nd fret, full step bends and heavy vibratos are not only easy but still have the same dynamic responsiveness as the rest of the neck, making for a true singer of a guitar. The body is extremely comfortable sitting or standing, and the light weight will allow for hours of practicing and performing. The construction is impeccable - this guitar can take tons of abuse and still play wonderfully. Would you expect anything less from the man who took shred to the next level?
Over 35 years of Eddie Van Halen’s experience, knowledge and experimentation have been distilled into the Wolfgang Special. Tested, tweaked, and refined on the road, this purebred music-making machine places the same highly responsive performance and sound in your hands. With classic red, black and white striped style that pays homage to Van Halen’s original guitar, giant sound and high-speed playability along with player-oriented features, this latest take on the Wolfgang Special is ready to crank out some serious rock.
Features an arched top basswood body with a robust graphite-reinforced quartersawn maple neck—carved and rolled to EVH’s exacting specifications. The speedy 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard facilitates energetic riffing and blazing leads, and is the only Wolfgang Special finish to feature an ebony fingerboard besides the Stealth model. Also new for a Wolfgang Special model is its chrome hardware and non-matching black headstock, while other familiar traits include 22 jumbo frets and heel-mounted spoke wheel for easy truss rod adjustment. The crystal clear Custom Designed EVH Wolfgang Humbucking pickups are direct mounted, supplying girth and sparkle, as well as near-endless sustain to power chords and melody lines. Every component of the guitar has been selected and positioned for high-speed playing.
The low-friction volume knob lets you perform speedy violin-like volume swells with ease while the tone knob resists easy turning—avoiding unwanted tonal shifts as your picking hand flies furiously across the strings. The rock-solid EVH-branded Floyd Rose® Locking Trem combines with the Floyd Rose Locking nut to maintain precise tuning, no matter how insane your whammy-bar histrionics get. The EVH D-Tuna® retunes to Drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the mere flick of a finger, making this the only guitar you’ll need onstage.
This EVH Wolfgang Special is 100% brand new and is being sold by an authorized dealer with full manufacturer's warranty.
NOTE: The photos above may not be of the actual item. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
- EVH Wolfgang Special Striped
- Red, Black, and White Striped Finish
- Basswood Body
- Quartersawn Maple Neck
- Ebony Fretboard
- 12” to 16” Compound Radius
- 22 Jumbo Frets
- Dot Inlays
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Bridge: EVH Branded Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo with EVH D-Tuna
- Floyd Rose Original Locking Nut
- Custom-Designed EVH Humbucking Pickups
- 3 Way Switch
- Volume/Tone Controls
- Chrome Hardware
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).