Music Store Live is proud to present this Fender American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass!
The Jazz Bass has long been the go-to choice for scores of bass players in pretty much every genre of music. This American Vintage model pays homage to the 1974 version of the instrument, which featured a lot of updates. The last four-bolt neck heel design for a while, the '74 bass had a re-sculpted neck. Rather than the usual slim 'C' shape, it featured a slightly beefier 'U' shape profile with white fingerboard binding and pearl block inlays. Tone-wise, this bass practically wrote the book on good sound and became iconic for it's mid-scooped slap tone. The rosewood board on this adds a bit of that mid-range back in. It has all the classic J bass sound that has kept it at the top of the low-end world for decades. You want versatility? How about a design that's been used by jazz greats like Marcus Miller, rock fusion gods like Geddy Lee, and heavy metal rockers like Jason Newsted? The 70's pickup spacing gives the bass an edgier high-midrange and makes is perfect for Jazz Bass lovers looking for a slightly more aggressive tone.
For the bassist who craves pure vintage Fender style, the American Vintage series presents original-era model year basses built with meticulous attention to accurate detail that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life.
If you prize the Jazz Bass and love the 1970s, this bass was made for you. A pure, powerful and proven instrument with singing high end and guttural growl, the mid-’70s Jazz Bass is an elemental must-have classic stylishly built with the heart of rock and the soul of funk. Built using original tooling and based on actual 1974 models we tracked down, the U.S.-made American Vintage ’74 Jazz Bass honors a great instrument from a fantastic era.
Alder body (ash on Natural-finish model)
Thicker neck with "U"-shaped profile
Maple and round-laminated rosewood fingerboards with white binding and pearl block inlays
Specially voiced pickups with period-correct bridge pickup positioning
Upper-mounted thumb rest
Vintage-style "Fender"-stamped tuners and neck plate
Chrome pickup and “F”-stamped bridge covers with period-correct positioning
This Fender American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass is brand new, in pristine mint condition, with absolutely no nicks, scratches, or blemishes of any kind and is being sold by an authorized dealer.
NOTE: The photos above may not be of the actual item. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
- Fender American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass
- 3-Color Sunburst
- Alder Body
- Urethane Finish
- Maple Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- "U" Shape Neck
- 20 Vintage-Style Frets
- Round-Laminated Maple Fretboard
- Pearl Block Inlays
- American Vintage Single-Coil '74 Jazz Bass Pickups
- Scale Length 34"
- Bone Nut
- Nut Width 1.475"
- Fender 70's Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear Tuners
- 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass Bridge with Single Groove Steel "Barrel" Saddles
- Black Pickguard
- Nickel/Chrome Hardware
- Pickup/Bridge Cover
- Vintage Hardshell Case w/ Orange Interior
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).