Music Store Live is proud to offer up this limited edition 2020 Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic Troposphere Strat. That's a mouthful but basically this is a recreation of a late 50's hardtail Strat.
If you're like so many strat players that like to block off their trems, the hardtail is perfect for you. And if you're looking for a vintage tone but some modern-day comforts (such as the compound radius fretboard), then this really is the perfect strat for you. It's built with the utmost attention to detail and the overall construction is nothing short of perfection. It genuinely feels like a nice, old strat when you get it in your hands. But when you start playing it, you'll notice that, unlike so many of those old strats, you're never having to fight against the guitar or struggle to get bends or lead lines or... well... anything. The guitar just plays much more effortlessly than anything you would have gotten back then. But other than that, the sound is absolutely spot on.
With this being a limited edition piece that we just received in late 2020, you'll be able to lock in a strat that, in a world where so many people have one, is going to be a unique piece for players, collectors, Fender enthusiasts, or just anybody that can appreciate an awesome guitar.
Welcome to the Troposphere. The lowest layer of our Earth’s atmosphere lies just below the Stratosphere and is the place where earthy sounds meet the cosmos. The Limited Edition Tropo Strat features a new set of pickups that deliver those cosmic tones to the most discerning ear. Developed in the Custom Shop by master builder Paul Waller, Tropo Strat pickups are underwound, sweet-sounding pickups that allow more headroom with overdriven sounds and clean up for the most delicate tones to emerge. It’s a calibrated pickup set with ’50s-style formvar wire on the bridge pickup, a reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup, and ’60s-style enamel wire on the neck pickup.
The Troposphere Strat features a two-piece off-center-seam alder body and single-piece tinted rift-sawn maple neck with a ’57 soft “V” back-shape, 7.25”-9.5” fingerboard radius and 21 medium vintage frets. Tropo pickups feature five-way switching and vintage modified #2 wiring with tone-saver treble bleed. Other features include a single-ply eggshell pickguard, hardtail Strat bridge with “Pat-Pend” saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Also includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
- Model: Custom Shop Troposphere Stratocaster
- Color: Sonic Blue
- Body: Alder - sorted for lightweight
- Pickguard: Parchment
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck: Rift Sawn Maple
- Finish: Medium Tint Nitro
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Frets: 21, Medium Vintage
- Neck Profile: 1957 Soft Style "V"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Back of Headstock: Custom Shop Limited Edition Logo
- Pickups: Hand-Wound Tropo Single-Coils
- Knobs: Vol, Tone, Tone
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Tuners: Vintage Style
- Bridge: Custom Shop Hardtail
- Hardware Finish: Aged
- Case: Brown Custom Shop Hardshell
- Certificate of Authenticity, Spec Sheet, Limited Edition Certificate, and Case Candy Included
- Serial #: CZ547220
- Instrument Weight: 6.7 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Custom Shop Limited Edition 60's Stratocaster is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).