Music Store Live is proud to offer up this limited edition 2020 Fender Custom Shop 1960 Strat finished in a gorgeous Aztec Gold that is so thin you can see the figuring of the body wood through it. Tastefully aged in all the right ways, but still far from looking abused, this is both a player's axe and also a must-have for any Fender collector. The limited edition logo on the back of the headstock will always remind you that you've got a unique and rare piece.
Along with being a beauty to look at, this guitar feels incredible in the hands and, as to be expected, the tone brings you right back to the Texas blues sounds of old. The 60's style neck shape on this is a classic one that most of us will instantly feel right at home on. It provides you with a good chunk of wood to hold onto when playing chords down low and comfortable increases in thickness as you go up the neck. The flame maple used for the neck on this one is gorgeous and has some great figuring to it. The medium tint nitro gives it a slightly aged look and feels great on the neck. The more you play it, the better and better that neck will feel as your hand starts to slowly rub that nitro into the maple.
For the tone, this reminds us of some good old SRV tones thanks to some hand-wired Texas special pickups that really sing. They sound great clean or with some distortion on them. They're about as good as it gets for that classic Strat blues tone really driving the amp as best as it can or even gently pushing an overdrive pedal before your amp. But you can also just run them through a clean channel and they'll sing like angels. The bridge pickup has a little extra oomph to it which, along with sounding awesome when played with some gain, also helps to keep the clean tone of the bridge pickup from having that shrill sound that can sometimes happen. But at the end of the day, they're still vintage single-coils and will have that vocal-like airiness to them and that squish that is part of what made them sound so epic. It's an iconic sound for a reason!
This is faithful recreation of what a Strat from that era sounds like, and with that beautiful golden finish on there nobody's going to think you have just another beat-up guitar. It looks as special as it sounds and plays. We received this in November 2020 and it is likely to be one of (if not the) last one of these out there.
- Model: Custom Shop 1960 Stratocaster 2020 Limited Edition
- Color: Aztec Gold
- Body: Alder - Sorted for lightweight and figuring
- Pickguard: 3-Ply G/B/G
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: 3A Rosewood
- Neck: Quartersawn Flame Maple
- Finish: Medium Tint Nitro
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Frets: 21, Jumbo 6100
- Neck Profile: 60 Style Oval "C"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- 1st Fret Neck Thickness: .825"
- 12th Fret Neck Thickness: .945"
- Back of Headstock: Custom Shop Limited Edition Logo
- Pickups: Hand-Wound Texas Special Single-Coils
- Knobs: Vol, Tone, Tone
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Tuners: Vintage Style
- Bridge: Custom Shop Vintage Style Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Aged
- Case: Brown Custom Shop Hardshell
- Certificate of Authenticity, Spec Sheet, Limited Edition Certificate, and Case Candy Included
- Serial #: CZ548443
- Instrument Weight: 8 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Custom Shop Limited Edition 60's Stratocaster is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).