The best of the best over at Fender are put to work in their Custom Shop department and, as you might suspect, they crank out some of the greatest instruments that the illustrious company has to offer. This recreation of a '65 Strat is no different. Perfect for the player that wants that vintage vibe out of a shiny new guitar.
The relic treatment on this one is right in between Fender's "closet classic" and "journeyman" treatments, which basically means it's going to look like a guitar from 1965 that has been on the road a bit, but never abused. It'll have a light and respectful relic treatment on it that looks and feels great. Adding to the incredible feel of this guitar is the immaculate fretwork and overall construction. We received this guitar already with very low action right out of the box. It plays incredibly smoothly up and down the neck with a satin-smooth finish.
The hand-wound pickups have a refinement to them that ooze vintage tone with dynamic response and loads of harmonic content. The bridge pickup is bright and spanky without sounding like an ice pick going through your eardrums. The neck pickup is rich and creamy with a very lush single-coil tone. The middle pickup is reverse-wound so it'll be hum-canceling when used in conjunction with either of the other pickups. On its own, it has a beautiful vocal-like quality to it that is airy, bright, and yet has some body to it.
In 1965 Leo Fender sold the company he founded to CBS, effectively ending the era of the original Strat. The 1965 Journeyman Relic Stratocaster is a testament to this iconic design, representing the guitar as it was during one of its most popular years, but with a few modern updates. The lightweight two-piece body is crafted from two pieces of alder, selected for their grain and weight, and wears a Journeyman Relic lacquer finish that will wear in a distinctively personal way. The hand-wound ’65 Strat® single-coil pickups and Vintage Modified #2 wiring offer authentic tone that’s easy to refine while the reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup reduces hum when used in combination with the other two.
Other features include a tinted quartersawn maple neck, 9.5”-radius round-lam maple or rosewood fingerboard, five-way switch, American Vintage synchronized tremolo bridge, vintage-style tuning machines, 3-ply Eggshell pickguard, wing string tree with nylon spacer and bone nut. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model Name: 1965 Stratocaster® Journeyman Relic®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Aged Charcoal Frost Metallic
- Model #: 9235000824
- Series: Time Machine
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Aged Charcoal Frost Metallic
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Eggshell
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1965 "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '65 Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '65 RWRP Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '65 Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Closet Classic
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- Serial #: CZ542926
- Approximate Instrument Weight: 8 lbs
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Custom Shop 1965 Stratocaster is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).