- input impedance
- output impedance
- power supply
9 to 9.6 VDC
- current draw
- true true bypass
- 1/4” mono input/output jacks
- 1/4” stereo CV jack
- 2.1mm DC connector
- 4.7” x 3.8” enclosure dimensions
At its finest, in a considerably small package, powered by your typical 9V power supply, all analogue, hand stamped, pure sine wave oscillator, low-pass filtered with a touch of class and apparently musical. These are the requirements of warp speed space travel; a regular occurrence when dealing with Randy's hardware.
The lower oscillator frequencies create rich trem/vibe effects, excruciatingly slow or chopped up rhythmic flavours. As the frequency goes up, thick bells, tuned intervals, low-fidelity synth-like effects are only the beginning. Experimenting with the low-pass filter cutoff frequency and the dry/wet mix will yield tones as strange or subtle as desired.
Featuring expanded control voltage (CV) capabilities that allow for interactions beyond the simple stacking of effects, Randy can be used to control and be controlled by other CV capable devices. The stereo CV is switch-programmable for use with an expression pedal or as a 2-channel CV port. Both the oscillator and low-pass filter frequency are voltage-controllable. The internal oscillator is also available as an output, turning Randy into a stand-alone voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO).
THE VOLTAGE-CONTROLLED OSCILLATOR
The VCO generates a low distortion sine wave whose frequency can be controlled in many ways. The HI/LO switch sets the oper-ating range of the VCO; LO for 0.5Hz - 45Hz, HI for 18Hz - 2.4kHz.
The FREQ control sets the oscillator’s rate within the selected range. The shape of the waveform sent to the analogue multiplieris selected with SQ/SI switch; SQ for square, SI for sine.
THE FOUR-QUADRANT MULTIPLIER
The effect commonly known as ring modulation is simply the multiplication of two signals. The result of which is the sum and difference of all frequencies involved. Ideally, this also means
that none of the original signals should be present in the output. In reality, all multipliers exhibit some degree of bleedthrough. As is the case with noise in general, bleedthrough will become more audible when higher gain is involved.
THE VOLTAGE-CONTROLLED LOW-PASS FILTER
Located after the multiplier, the second order low-pass filter affects only the modulated signal, not the clean one. This proves useful in taming the incoherent mess generated by the multiplica-tion. The LPF control sets the cutoff frequency of the filter.
THE INPUT AND OUTPUT SECTIONS
When engaged, the input is first buffered by a discrete JFET gain stage, provid-ing an ideal interface for instrument level sources and a characteristic tone. The MIX control is quite simple, ranging from fully dry to fully wet. The output level is set with VOLUME control. Unity gain is obtained when the control is set around noon. When disengaged, the signal is true bypassed.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).