With its smaller size and portability, the all-new EVH® 5150III® 50S 6L6 Head is the perfect amp for players who want Ed Van Halen’s touring tone, arena volume and performance in a compact package. Three channels of road-tested sound work for any playing style—crisp cleans, chunky overdrive, tight distortion and searing leads, while newly added independent dual-concentric controls allow for gain and volume level matching.
Tweaked to meet Eddie’s touring requirements, this 50-watt head delivers a full-spectrum of tone. Channel one powers crystal-clear clean tone; channel two features increased gain for greater sustain and is re-voiced for improved low-mid frequency definition; channel three also has improved range for the “low” control and oozes with increased liquid gain. Channels one and two each have dual concentric gain/volume controls, with shared EQ (low, mid, high). Channel three has its own gain, volume and EQ (low, mid, high) controls. All three channels also have global presence and global resonance controls.
The amp is also loaded with seven JJ ECC83 preamp tubes, a pair of Shuguang 6L6 power tubes, switchable output impedance (4, 8 and 16 ohms) and an adjustable bias control.
Seductively dark in black textured vinyl with a dual black EVH striped steel grille front panel, our 50-watt stealth head also comes with vintage-style “chicken head” black control knobs, red lamp jewel, dual speaker output jacks, four-button footswitch, effects loop, direct out and molded plastic handle.
- 50-watt head
- Three Channels
- Channels one and two have independent dual concentric gain/volume controls
- Channel three has independent gain, volume and EQ (low, mid and high) controls
- Global presence and resonance controls for all three channels
- Selectable impedance (4, 8 or 16 ohms)
- Adjustable bias control
- Seven JJ ECC83 preamp tubes and two Shuguang 6L6 power tubes
- Dual parallel speaker output jacks, effects loop, headphone jack, line out and MIDI input
- Four-button footswitch with ¼” input jack
- Available in Black textured vinyl featuring a dual black EVH®-striped steel grille front panel
- High-quality fitted cover is optional
- Model Name: 5150III® 50S 6L6 Head, Black, 120V
- Series: EVH® 5150III® Heads
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Color: Black
- Controls: Channel 1: Independent Volume and Gain w/ Shared Low, Mid and High; Channel 2: Independent Volume and Gain w/ Shared Low, Mid and High; Channel 3: Independent Volume, Gain, Low, Mid and High EQ, with Global Presence and Resonance
- Effects Loop: 1/4 in (Send/Return)
- Inputs: One - 1/4", MIDI (rear)
- Headphone Jack: 1/4" Stereo
- Line Out: One - (1/4")
- Channels: Three - (Clean, Crunch and Lead)
- Voltage: 120V
- Wattage: 50 Watts
- Cabinet Material: 7-Ply 5/8" Birch Plywood
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Front Panel: Black EVH®-Striped Steel
- Control Knobs: Black Chicken-Head Style Pointer
- Pre Amp Tubes: 7 x JJ ECC83 (12AX7)
- Power Tubes: 2 x Shuguang 6L6
- Included Accessories: 4-Button EVH® 1/4" Footswitch. Ch1, CH2, CH3, Effects Loop.
- FootSwitch: 4-Button Footswitch Included
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).