A rare NAMM Exhibition Limited Edition guitar, this ESP 40th Anniversary NAMM Exhibition Limited Horizon 8 is a tone monster and with some thoroughly unique aesthetic features to it. How can a guitar with such a straightforward design be so completely original? This ESP Horizon features perhaps the most popular electric guitar design - solidbody, fast feel, two hot humbuckers - but somehow it doesn't remind me of any other instrument. Obviously the visual aspect of this one is super unique and the textured finish looks awesome under stage lighting, or really under any lighting at all. But once you can get the guitar in your hands you'll notice the expert craftsmanship in the neck and string feel before anything else. The fretwork has this perfectly balanced, consistent feel that makes every register ring out clearly and musically. The neck contour is very kind on your playing hand, even if you're just getting into extended range guitars. If you spend a lot of time high up on the neck, you'll love the way this upper register feels. Every note has something to say, all the way up to the 24th fret, where you can get away with a full step bend without a problem. Tonally, this axe is all about getting huge tone without sacrificing musicality. Drench the signal with distortion, and the sound retains all that beautiful harmonic content and expressive subtlety with massive, punchy bottom-end. Back off on the gain, and you've got a great blues machine. With a clean signal, the sound is warm and dynamic. Hit some nice bends in the middle of the neck for a throaty, creamy sound reminiscent of vintage designs. But let's not kid ourselves, this guitar wants to be played dirty... And in the dirtiest of ways! ;-)
The build quality of this axe is totally unmatched. When you pick it up, it just feels like something that's still going to be getting the job done twenty years down the line. Abuse it all you want, and it'll stay play and sound just fine. This one is a lifer.
- ESP 40th Anniversary NAMM Exhibition Limited Horizon NT 8
- Scab Red Finish
- Honduran Mahogany Body
- Hard Maple Top
- 3-Piece Hard Maple Neck
- Neck Thru Neck Design
- Thin U Neck Shape
- Ebony Fretboard
- 24 Extra Jumbo Frets
- 305mm Fretboard Radius
- Seymour Duncan Sentient-8 AMT (Neck) and Nazgul-8 AMT (Bridge) Pickups
- Volume Knob/Tone Knob
- Hipshot Hardtail
- 42mm Nut Width
- 27" Scale
- 3-Way Pickup Selector Switch
- Gotoh Locking Tuners
- Black Hardware
- Schaller Security Lock Strap Buttons
- ESP Hardshell Case Included
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).