Music Store Live is proud to offer up this Music Man Ball Family Reserve Cutlass HSS! It's a limited edition guitar that Ernie Ball only made 56 of worldwide. So the chances of you bumping into somebody that has the same guitar as you is going to be slim to none! You'll have a truly unique axe that absolutely wails and stands out from the bunch aesthetically, sonically, and in terms of craftsmanship as well.
Born of tradition, class, and decades of refining a tried and true design, the Music Man Cutlass guitar expertly combines vintage sounds with modern playability and craftsmanship. A snappy and trebly top end paired with a resonant and punchy bottom help this guitar sit in a mix exactly where it needs to. The best part about this is that you can solo whichever single coil pickup you choose to and you never have to worry about that annoying hum. But make no mistake about it, unlike many "silent single coil" pickups out there which are really either 2 coils stacked on each other or 2 coils side by side (ultimately making them very tiny humbuckers, not really single coils) these are true single coils and sound that way.
The silent circuit kills the 60-cycle hum we all hate so much after the sound has left the pickups. The pickups are genuine single coils and they sound that way! The humbucker, of course, gives you a grittier and fatter tone out of the bridge pickup. It holds up extremely well when played with distortion. The circuitry also incorporates Music Man's version of a treble-bleed circuit to guarantee that your tone stays the same even when your volume knob isn't dimed. You won't lose any top-end clarity as you roll the volume back.
The vast range of tones achievable on this are only to be outdone by the silky smooth feel of the entire guitar. The flame maple neck is satin-smooth and plays fast and effortlessly. The body shape is extremely comfortable and helps keep the guitar from weighing too much while still maintaining resonance and providing excellent sustain. The tremolo is reliable and smooth - what more can you ask for? Much like the famous pirate sword it's named after, the Cutlass will slice its way through any mix so you are always heard with clarity and definition in your notes.
We are proud to introduce the Cutlass in a new HSS pickup configuration. Aside from the bridge pickup, the HSS Cutlass retains all of the familiar elements of the original including an alder body, oversized 4 over 2 headstock and super smooth modern tremolo. The bridge pickup in the HSS is a custom wound Music Man ceramic humbucker with a vintage sound that compliments the single coils yet has plenty of crunchy rhythm and biting lead tones.
This special edition Cutlass HSS BFR features a lightweight Alder body finished in Custom Blue Magic matte finish. Smooth satin figured white maple neck with figured maple fingerboard is accented with larger black position markers and hand fitted black binding. This BFR edition guitar comes with matching painted headstock and locking tuners. Parchment pickguard with contrasting black plastic parts and all black hardware completes the overall aesthetic package. Limited to 56 pieces worldwide.
- Model: Cutlass BFR 2019
- Color: Blue Magic
- Body Wood: Alder
- Pickguard: Parchment
- Fretboard: Figured Maple
- Binding: Black
- Neck Wood: Figured Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Nut Width: 1 5/8"
- Neck Thickness @ 1st Fret: 0.825"
- Neck Thickness @ 12th Fret: 0.924"
- Frets: 22, Stainless Steel, High Profile Medium
- Headstock: Blue Magic Finish
- Pickups: 2 Music Man Custom Wound Single Coils + 1 Custom Wound Humbucker
- Silent Circuit
- Controls: Passive 500kohm volume and tone (250kohm load on lever switch positions 2,3,4, & 5) - .022µF tone capacitor; with transparent buffered output for complete tonal consistency at all volume levels
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Bridge: Music Man Modern Tremolo w/ Vintage Bent Steel Saddles
- Tuners: Schaller M6-IND Locking
- Color: Black
- Strings: 9p-11p-16p-24w-32w-42w (RPS 9 Slinkys #2239)
- Case: Music Man Molded Hardshell
- Limited Edition #: 33 out of 56
- Serial #: G87951
- Instrument Weight: 6.9 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Ernie Ball. This Music Man BFR Cutlass is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Music Store Live is one of Ernie Ball Music Man's top independent dealers and is a part of the Ernie Ball Premier Dealer Network. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we are more than happy to help you custom order your next Music Man instrument. Our gear experts can help guide you in purchasing the guitar or bass of your dreams. Call or message us for details!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).