- Ernie Ball Music Man Ball Family Reserve StingRay 5 HH
- Giants Orange
- Quilt Maple Top
- Select Lightweight Ash Body
- Roasted Figured Maple Neck - Satin Finish
- Rosewood Fretboard - White Binding - White Pearl Block Inlays
- 11" Radius
- 2 x Music Man Alnico Humbucker Pickups
- 3 Band Active Preamp
- 5-Way Pickup Selector
- Volume, Low, Mid, High Controls
- Scale Length 34"
- 1 3/4" Nut Width
- 22 Frets - High Profile, Wide
- Matte Black Hardware
- Schaller BM Tuners with Tapered Posts
- 6 Bolt Neck Plate
- Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and chrome plated brass control cover
- Molded Plastic Music Man Hard Shell Case
- Limited Edition: 64 out of 91
- Serial #: F854583
- Instrument Weight: 9.9 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to offer up this Ball Family Reserve StingRay 5 HH bass. Dressed up with looks that kill and sounding every bit as lean and mean as the StingRay 5's we all know and love, this one also has a certain amount of extra refinement to the overall feel along with its unique aesthetic. When it's a BFR you know Music Man and the Ernie Ball family put a little extra attention into all of the details. It won't look like any other StingRay you've seen before, but it sure will sound like one (and that's a very good thing!)
This bass is a modern take on a classic, yet revolutionary design. After Leo Fender's near-death experience which caused him to sell Fender to CBS, he went to work for Music Man and paired up with the late great, Mr. Thunder Thumbs himself, Louis Johnson. Together they came up with a bass that had a more pronounced hi-mid range and treble response. It needed to growl and cut through the mix in a way that a P-bass and a J simply could not. The result was an active bass with a ton of power under the hood. Used in everything from disco, funk, and R&B to rock, punk, metal, blues, and even country, the StingRay has some killer in-your-face tone that still manages to avoid stepping on anyone else's toes. It has tremendous resonance, incomparably tight lows and a punchy top end that's a total knockout. The neck is very comfortable and satiny smooth, which makes for a comfortable feel and a fast ride all the way up and down. The double humbucker design adds some more tonal variety to the classic StingRay tone and sounds great solo'd or in conjunction with the bridge pickup. This is one of those instruments that's put together well enough to let you feel every little vibration of every note you play. The layout is easy to work with yet provides a wide variety of exceptional tones. This is a terrific 5 string at this price and this axe will make a killer companion on the road, in the studio, and at home.
This special edition Stingray 5 features a lightweight ash body with a highly figured quilted maple top. The smooth satin figured roasted maple neck with rosewood fingerboard is accented with pearlescent white block position markers and hand fitted white binding. Equipped with dual alnico humbucking pickups, 3-band EQ and 5-way switch, this bass delivers all of the familiar Stingray punch along with a variety of coil voicing options. Contrary to most other SR5 basses the traditional large pickguard has been removed, in this case, to showcase the exquisite quilted top. Other key features include all black hardware and Schaller tuners. Limited to 91 pieces worldwide.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Ernie Ball. This Music Man BFR StingRay 5 HH is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).