The new Epiphone SG-Special VE™ is a great way for new players to discover a rock classic at a price anyone can afford. Featuring Epiphone open-coil humbuckers with Ceramic Magnets and available in five beautiful Vintage Worn finishes including Cherry, Ebony, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Vintage Sunburst, and Walnut.
Classic SG Styling
When the “SG” double cutaway electric guitar was first released, it was intended to take the place of the Les Paul, which was discontinued throughout most of the 60s. Lightweight yet powerful, the SG became a hard rock classic all its own and was embraced by a wide range of players including Eric Clapton, the Allman Brothers, Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath, and Pete Townshend of The Who. The new SG-Special VE™ has the same iconic design with a Poplar body with a Mahogany veneer and a black pickguard. The bolt-on Mahogany neck has a 1960's SlimTaper™ D profile, a standard SG scale length of 24.75”, a Rosewood fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays, and 22 medium jumbo frets. The “Clipped Ear" style headstock has a 60s era Epiphone logo in silver and a “2017" Edition logo on the back of headstock. The SG-Special VE™ is available in Cherry, Ebony, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Vintage Sunburst, and Walnut Vintage Worn finishes.
Open Coil Humbuckers with Ceramic Magnets
The SG-Special VE™ is powered by two Epiphone open-coil humbuckers with ceramic magnets. Owners of vintage SGs and Les Pauls often remove their pickup covers for a better bass response and magnetic pull. Ceramic pickups have a higher output than vintage Alnico magnet pickups and are designed to provide a tight low-end response with both a smooth mid-range and a slightly more pronounced top end tone. Ceramic magnets have been a favorite of metal and hard rock guitarists for decades. The SG-Special VE™ has a 650R™ in the rhythm position and a slightly “hotter” 700T in the lead position. Controls include a Master Volume and Master Tone with traditional black “Speed” knobs and a 3-way pickup selector.
Rock Solid Epiphone Hardware
The new SG-Special VE™ features Epiphone-designed rock solid hardware including the classic SG style Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece, a non-rotating ¼” output jack, and premium die-cast 14:1 ratio machine heads for fast and accurate tuning. An optional hard case is also available.
Like all Epiphones, the Epiphone SG-Special VE™ comes with a Limited Lifetime Guarantee and Gibson’s world famous 365/24/7 Customer Service. There’s never been a more affordable way to discover the legendary “SG” guitar. Visit your Authorized Epiphone Dealer or visit Epiphone.com to learn more about the Epiphone SG-Special VE™.
- Finish: Vintage Worn
- Body Material: Poplar w/ Mahogany Veneer
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint: Bolt-On
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: "Bell" shaped; 2-layer; "SG" in white
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with Pearloid "Dot" Inlays
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone 650R Humbucker; Open-coil; Ceramic-8 Magnets
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone 700T Humbucker; Open-coil, Ceramic-8 Magnets
- Controls: 3-way Pickup Selector, Master Volume, Master Tone
- Knobs: Black "Speed" knobs
- Headstock: Epiphone "Clipped Ear"; "Les Paul Model" in gold; "Epiphone" logo in silver
- Binding: None
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Premium Covered; 14:1 ratio
- Other: "2017" Edition logo on back of headstock
- Optional: Hard Case (940-EGCS), Case UPC = 711106261447
- Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Epiphone. This EGSVEBVCH1 is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).