- Suhr Modern Plus HSH
- Bengal Burst
- Flame Maple Top
- Basswood Body
- Scraped Natural Binding
- Roasted Maple Neck and Fretboard - Satin Finish
- 24 Jumbo Stainless Steel PLEK Dressed Frets
- Modern Elliptical .800" - .850" Neck Shape
- 10" - 14" Compound Radius Fretboard
- 25.5" Scale
- 1.650" Tusq Nut Width
- Bolt-On Neck Construction
- Suhr SSV (neck), V60LP (middle single-coil), and SSH Plus (bridge) Pickups
- Master Volume / Master Tone - push/pull to split both humbuckers
- 5-Way Pickup Selector
- Gotoh 510 Tremolo Bridge
- Chrome Hardware
- Suhr Locking Tuners
- Suhr Deluxe Padded Gig Bag
- Serial #: JS9E2U
- Instrument Weight: 7.6 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to present this Suhr Modern Plus with a highly figured flame maple top! The Suhr Modern series of guitars are designed for... well, you guessed it... the modern day player who's not afraid to deviate from the vintage tones of old and needs a more aggressive look and sound.
Want a strat-style axe that can melt faces and is comfortable enough to shred on until the sun comes up? Here you go! The Suhr designed pickups work together to provide a powerful and aggressive tone that does have the ability to be somewhat tamed and cleaned up. Both humbuckers can be split to achieve a thinner and glassier sound. Or, of course, run this race car at full speed for a rich, thick, and meaty tone that will be sure to turn some heads. It makes no apologies for its in-your-face sound, that's for sure. The roasted maple neck and fretboard provide a bright and spanky sound but still have some nice mid-range presence to complement the versatile pickups. This guitar can handle anything you throw at it, whether you're looking to play clean, slightly dirty, or heavily overdriven. The pickup configuration gives you tons of options to work with and they're all extremely musical.
This is a hot-rodded Strat-fan's dream, right here. This axe looks lean and mean and is ready for some serious shredding!
The 2018 Modern Plus features a brand new roasted maple neck with pau ferro or maple fingerboard. The Modern Plus retains many of the original specifications of the Modern Pro including the sleek elliptical neck profile, balanced asymmetrical body, innovative neck heel and stunning flame maple top. Proprietary Suhr locking tuners and the Gotoh 510 tremolo provides superior tuning stability.
The Suhr Modern is equipped with our Modern Elliptical neck profile. Rolled edges and a 10-14” compound fingerboard radius offers a substantial, yet comfortable shape.
FRETS - Jumbo Stainless Steel (.057″ x .110″)
Stainless steel frets offer silky smooth bending and long-lasting playability. Every Suhr receives a PLEK fret dress, ensuring the best possible string action, playability and intonation.
The sculpted heel of the Modern allows for easy access to all 24 frets. For optimum tone and stability, the neck joint must not be too tight or too loose, therefore all of our neck pockets are precisely fitted by hand, by expert craftsmen.
MODERN BODY SHAPE
The Modern shape has a unique asymmetrical body that balances superbly with the extended 24-fret neck. Fast, sleek and sexy looking, the Modern shape will feel right at home to players who were weaned on the popular and innovative shapes that came into vogue in the 80’s.
The Basswood and Flame Maple top has a fat, well-balanced tone that produces smooth sounds without any hard edges.
Great care is taken to ensure that the thinnest possible layers of finish are applied. Our finishing process provides an unparalleled combination of protection, beauty, and tone. This allows the wood to resonate freely while still providing ample protection.
Scraped binding allows for the natural maple to be seen along the edge of the top wood. This painstaking and detailed process accentuates the beauty of the body shape and adds elegance to the design.
HARDWARE & ELECTRONICS
The Modern is available in two bridge/pickup configurations: HSH with a Gotoh 510 bridge, or HH with a Gotoh Floyd. Both configurations utilize a 5-way mega-switch to serve up an array of versatile split-coil tones.
The Gotoh 510 tremolo bridge features dual steel knife edge pivot points to provide greater functionality and years of trouble free performance. The 510’s steel block increases sustain and tuning stability.
SUHR LOCKING TUNERS
Equipped with staggered Suhr Locking Tuners, which provide an 18:1 gear ratio, improved tuning stability, and no need for a traditional string tree.
SSV Neck Humbucker
V60LP Middle Single Coil
SSH+ Bridge Humbucker
Positions 2 and 4 on the 5-way selector switch auto-split the humbuckers when combined with the middle pickup.
The 5-way pickup selector switch gives you access to a variety of humbucking and authentic split-coil tones. The treble bleed circuit ensures consistent tone as you roll down the volume control, and is out of the circuit when the volume is on 10.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Suhr. This Modern Plus is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).