- G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic
- East Indian Walnut (aka Guancaste) Body - Satin "Frost" Top Coat
- Quartersawn Roasted Flame Maple Neck and Fretboard - Satin Clear Neck Finish
- G&L Modern Classic Neck Shape - 1 11/16” nut width with 1 5/8” string spacing allows a generous edge roll for superb comfort without string fall-off. Fairly slim with mild taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.870” at the 12th fret.
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- 22x Medium Jumbo PLEK'd Nickel Frets
- 25 1/2" Scale Length
- G&L MFD ASAT Classic Single-Coil Pickups
- 3-Way Pickup Selector Switch
- Volume and Tone Control
- 3-Ply Black Pickguard
- Boxed-Steel Bridge
- Individually Adjustable Brass Saddles
- G&L 12:1 Ratio Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case w/ Custom Shop Interior
- G&L Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity and Specs Sheet
- Serial #: CS1812002
- Instrument Weight: 6.9 lbs.
In 2018 G&L unveiled their Custom Shop to the world. While they've always been making custom guitars in the same building that Leo Fender started the company in via their a-la-carte process, they now have a custom shop that rivals the best in the world.
Take your favorite high-end bolt-on guitar and compare it to anything coming out of the G&L Custom Shop and prepare to get your world rocked. Music Store Live is proud to offer up this beautiful example of just what G&L's finest luthiers are capable of. With a beautiful figured and matched walnut body and a roasted flame maple neck with holographic figuring (more on that later) this guitar looks as beautiful as it sounds.
So let's get right to it because this definitely isn't your granddaddy's ASAT. Let's start at the neck and work our way down. The slab of roasted flame maple that they selected for this one was really a special one. The neck is extremely highly figured with tons of flame all over it, but what's really cool is the almost holographic-like nature of this one. Depending on the angle that you look at it you'll see different stripes popping out. It's a really cool effect that is accentuated by the roasting process. It's cliche to say that the photos don't do it justice, but that's really true with this one. Now that we've seen a couple of G&L Custom Shop guitars roll through our shop, we're starting to realize this is just what you can come to expect from them. It's incredibly top notch, that's for sure!
Of course, the most beautiful neck in the world will still only get you so far... It's got to play just right, and this one absolutely does. The satin clear finish on the roasted neck feels absolutely incredible and the hand-finished neck shape feels familiar, like many other G&L's, but with a bit more refinement to it. The fretwork is absolutely immaculate and the entire construction is spot-on perfect so that you can dial in crazy low action and not even have to sweat about fret-buzzing.
Moving on down to the body we've got an East Indian walnut body loaded up with two G&L MFD single-coil pickups. The MFD pickups have a bit more punch and oomph to them than a traditional alnico single-coil would while still retaining the clarity, twang, and spank that tele's have become known for. It'll have a bit higher output than anything vintage-voiced, but again, this just helps with retaining clarity and articulation in all of the notes. Whether you're playing clean, just going for some light bluesy overdrive, or laying it on thick, this ASAT Classic can still handle it. The walnut body is going to be very balanced. It produces an even amount of tight and punchy bass, mid-range, and treble across the frequency spectrum while adding some nice texture to the sound.
When we first saw this guitar we instantly fell in love, then we actually played it and it was obvious we needed to have it for our inventory. This is an instrument that just feels like it was put together with a bit of extra attention and care. It takes the already incredibly high standards that G&L have and raises them even further.
The G&L ASAT® Classic is Leo’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe. Framed in a classic boxed-steel bridge, the single-coil Magnetic Field Design™ bridge pickup created by Leo Fender delivers crisp attack with complex harmonics while individual brass saddles offer modern levels of intonation refinement. Flip to the single-coil MFD™ neck pickup and you’ll discover a delectably rich tonal palette, from round clean jazz tones to thick, gritty blues. Put ‘em together and you’ll find a whole ‘nother level of heaven.
The ASAT Classic’s hard-rock quartersawn roasted flame maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, comfortable 9 1/2″ radius and Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets for silky playability. The moment you open the luxurious hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
THE FINEST FROM FENDER AVENUE
The quality of the instruments and variety of options available in the main G&L factory are legendary, and that’s precisely the reason why the G&L Custom Shop has opened. You see, some owners love everything about their Made-in-Fullerton G&Ls, but there’s always been one option they have never been able to select. That is, they want the very best of G&L: the finest cuts of wood and unsurpassed craftsmanship coming together in the most spectacular instruments ever made on Fender Avenue. It starts with hand-selected woods, carefully chosen for each instrument, and continues with very best craftsmanship and attention to detail. It’s not just what you see, but what you feel that makes the difference. From exquisite fretwork to pickguard edges delicately sanded and buffed to feel like an instrument loved and played for decades. Thin urethane or nitrocellulose finishes polished to perfection. Players who prefer a tastefully worn in look can opt for light to medium aging which projects an authentic vibe.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for G&L. This Custom Shop ASAT Classic is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).