- Level: Post EQ volume control. Can boost the signal up to 5x the input. Unity is around 10 O’Clock.
- Treble: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Bass: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Middle: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- 4.625″ x 2.5″ x 2.25″ with knobs
- Our pedals take a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!
- Current draw is 10 mA.
EQ & Boost
Is your tone pulling its weight? Put it to work with a Tone Job! This compact Boost & EQ Device is based around the tone-shaping options available in old audiophile-grade stereo preamps, making it a great addition to your pedalboard no matter what instrument you play.
So what does that mean, exactly? It means that you’ll hear full frequency response from your Tone Job everywhere you plug it in – guitar, bass, drum machine, synthesizers, steel drums, harpsichord, kazoo, car stereo*, or wherever!
The Tone Job has active EQ controls for “Bass,” “Mid,” and “Treble,” with up to 20 dB of cut or boost, which is handy for pairing up with other pedals in your chain to breathe new life into old dirt. Unlike boring old graphic EQs, the Tone Job’s EQ controls are interactive, so you can experiment with different settings to alter the response and overall feel of the Device, getting your tone out of the lunchroom and back on the clock.
Place the Tone Job at the beginning of your chain to alter the overall character of your guitar, or use it at the end to boost output at the end of a long cable run and fine-tune your tone. The “Level” control on the Tone Job can boost your signal up to 5x the original input level, so you’ll always be heard, and makes for a fantastic solo and/or clean boost!
The Tone Job is all analog, true-bypass, and built one-at-a-time by a bunch of standing waves and a few bass traps in acoustically challenged Akron, Ohio, USA.
*We haven’t actually tried the Tone Job on our car stereos, but it probably sounds pretty good if you can figure out how to patch it in!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).