Introducing a new addition to the DigiTech Whammy Family – Whammy DT! We’ve taken the premier pitch shifting effects pedal added drop tuning and true bypass to bring you the ultimate Whammy pedal, With the Whammy DT, you can modify your tuning without having to change guitars or pause awkwardly to make adjustments for the next song. Key changes are at the tips of your toes and take just moments, which is crucial when the audience is feeling your vibe.
Pitch shifting effects really help your guitar performance stand out and the Whammy pedal has been the core pitch shifting effect for famous artists for over 20 years. Now add full drop and raised tuning in addition to classic Whammy shifting to your effects arsenal and find out why the Whammy DT is the premiere pitch shifting effects pedal for every guitarist.
Step down or step up 7 half steps or an entire octave:
The Whammy DT gives you the latest pitch shifting technology to retune your guitar without ever touching the tuning pegs. Step up or down in 7 half steps, or an entire octave with just one setting.
Whammy effects capabilities:
With all the new tuning capabilities, you still have your true pitch shifting effects to sweeten up all moments of your gig. With over 20 years of leading the market in pitch shifting, Whammy effects give you the comfort of knowing the pedal you are using is a proven winner.
Momentary footswitch for “hammer-on” and “pull-off” effects:You can instantly create hammer-on and pull-off effects during your performance with the momentary footswitch. Hold it on for quick chord shifts or note changes during your solo or a gritty bridge.
DigiTech’s Whammy is one of the most iconic effects pedals ever created – and the new Whammy DT adds a host of mind-bending new capabilities including drop tuning, capo tuning, true bypass coupled with the famous Whammy.
The Whammy DT starts with the classic Whammy pitch shifting effects that have made the Whammy one of the most recognizable effects pedals in rock. Featuring an expanded selection of pitch bending capabilities including 9 Whammy bending modes from 2-octaves up through 2-octives down, 9 harmony bending modes, 2 detune modes, and the popular Dive Bomb six octaves down effect.
The Whammy DT also lets guitar and bass players instantly modify their tuning without having to change instruments or break the musical mood with awkward tuning adjustments for the next song. The Whammy DT can drop down or capo up seven half-steps or an entire octave from where the guitar or bass is tuned. Thanks to the Whammy DT’s sophisticated digital signal processing and pitch shifting algorithms, chordal accuracy is perfectly maintained.
In addition, the Whammy DT features a momentary footswitch for real time stepped pitch shifting to create ”Hammer-On” and “Pull-Off” type effects. Players can instantly get a drop or raise in the pitch of the notes they are playing by stepping on and holding the footswitch – then releasing it to return to pitch for a dramatic effect during solos and riffs.
The various effects can be selected via the pedal’s two selector knobs and dual set of LEDs indicators. The Whammy DT includes ¼-inch guitar input and output, a MIDI input that allows control of the pedal from an external MIDI device, and an external 9 volt DC power adapter. The Whammy DT is built to take the demands of live performance, with a rugged all-metal chassis, pedal and footswitch. Its true bypass operation ensures it can be added to any rig without any adverse effect on sound quality, without the “tone suck” of some non-bypass pedals. The Whammy DT can be used with the optional DigiTech FS3X three-button footswitch controller for added expressive capabilities.
“It was no easy task to improve upon a product that has been as successful as the legendary Whammy,” said Rob Urry, Vice President and General Manager of HARMAN Professional Signal Processing Group. “But we feel that we have exceeded this goal by expanding the feature set of the original Whammy with drop tuning and capo tuning capabilities, as well as true bypass operation now available in the Whammy DT.”
- True Polyphonic Pitch Shifting and Whammy effects in a single pedal
- Drop or Raised tuning by 7 half steps or an entire octave
- Classic Whammy voicings
- Momentary footswitch for Hammer-on and Pull-off effects
- True Bypass
- FS3X* input for hands-free selection of Whammy and Drop Tune settings
- Classic style rugged metal Whammy chassis
- Durable, road worthy metal footswitches
- MIDI Input
- ¼" Guitar Input
- ¼" Output
- 9V DC Power Adapter included
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).