Resonator of Blonde Maple
Durable Satin Finish
Triangle Box for Carrying
Gig Bag or Hardshell Case Sold Separately
Has a bright sound of maple that projects well.
Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
Comes with light gauge strings
Can be played with medium gauge strings as well.
Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26.25″
Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
Rim Diameter 11"
Overall Instrument Length 38″
Weight Approx. 6 lbs
Deering Banjo Company Goodtime 2 5-String Banjo with Resonator
THIS BANJO IS ELIGIBLE FOR DEERING'S #YESBANJO TRADE UP PROGRAM. VISIT WWW.DEERINGBANJOS.COM/TRADEUP FOR MORE INFORMATION
A resonator back provides more projection of sound in the Goodtime Two. We make it here in the USA, at the Deering shop with the same tooling we use to make the top of the line banjos. Greg Deering designed the Goodtime banjos because there were no low priced banjos of enough quality for people to actually learn on without difficulty or giving up. He remembers what it was like to want a good banjo and not be able to afford one, so his gift to others is the Goodtime banjo line. Designed for success, the Goodtime banjos are the lowest priced American made banjos. They are so good many professionals have recorded with Goodtime banjos.
The Goodtime Two weighs 6 lbs - about the weight of a guitar. The Goodtime Two has a natural blonde maple with a satin finish to protect it. The rich, golden tone and the reverberation off the resonator sound great. You can definitely tell a volume difference between open back and a Goodtime Two. The sound waves aren't getting trapped between you and the banjo, which makes a pretty big difference. If you want a great low priced bluegrass banjo for travel and leisure that plays correctly and is durable, this is the best buy on the market!
Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
Exotic Wood Bowtie Inlays
Geared 5th String Tuner
Sealed Geared Guitar Tuners
Durable Satin Finish
Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
3-ply Violin Grade Goodtime Maple Rim
11″ Frosted Top High Crown Head
Steel Tension Hoop
16 Bracket Shoes
16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
2 Piece Flange
Nickel Plated Armrest
Nickel Plated Hardware
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).