Want big, meaty bass that roars and feels like a smooth running machine? Try our SR2000 compound wound strings. We’ve created the perfect mix of mass, tension and a whole lot of other engineering marvels that result in massive tone and revved up performance. First we start with a core wire stretched at the perfect tension. Then we wrap it with multiple layers of cross-hatched covers, building up the mass of the string with incremental sizes of premium quality wire. The result is a silky smooth surface with a flexible core that plays like a dream. So thump ‘em, slap ‘em, pick ‘em, caress ‘em. They’ll give you the love right back with tone, resonance, and sustain that just doesn’t quit. Dean Markley Bass Strings - Intelligently constructed with our unique approach to compound winding. Most of you may not realize the technology and finesse involved in creating our strings. Here at Dean Markley, the way we make bass strings, and for that matter all of our strings, is unique. Every company makes ‘em a bit different, and the "recipes," while they may look the same, can be quite diverse. With the exception of strings smaller than .050, all of our bass strings are made using compounded winding. This simply means that we are building the mass of the string using smaller incremental sizes of wire. The winding directions are reversed between layers to "cross-hatch" the covers. This makes the string smoother. The term "compound wound" does not necessarily mean two covers. When we get to thicker gauges like .095, we use three covers. At .120 we use four covers, while other manufacturers continue to use no more than three covers on large strings. We do this for two reasons. First, we try to use a reasonably small final cover. This makes the string's surface as smooth as possible. And second, compounding allows us to use a smaller more flexible core wire, which enhances the string’s playability. As an additional and very important factor, the process tension (the tension that the core is held at during the winding process) is equally important to obtain the final recipe that we desire. Another factor we consider when creating our bass strings is the "core to cover ratio." These ratios vary as we hone in on just the right mix that offers the best playability and durability. If a string is designed in such a way that the core percentage is too large, then playability is sacrificed. If the core percentage is too small, the string can break, and obviously that isn’t what a player wants! There is a rule that comes from the early 1900's piano string industry that states that a string’s tension should never exceed 66% of the breaking point of the core. Our engineering philosophy maintains a 60% rule when developing new designs, because our strings are plucked, slapped, or worse, and not hammered like a piano. Each material used has a specific weight which influences tension, so we use mathematical modeling to determine just the right mix of core to wrap. Sounds technical, but the important result is a great sounding string that lasts. So thump ‘em, slap ‘em, pick ‘em, caress ‘em. They’ll give you the love right back with tone, resonance, and sustain that just doesn’t quit
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).