Holy Guthrie. This guitar should be nominated for knighthood. Smoothies, city blocks and new species of mammals should be named after it. There should a free app that calculates your proximity to the nearest one. Pictures of it should come standard as a background choice for all laptops.
This guitar courted and wooed me before I got a single note out of it. The first thing you'll notice is the neck. It's just the right shape: not a baseball bat, not paper thin. When you play with your hand flat and your thumb directly in the back, it'll really let you open up and get into full stride. But when you reach your thumb around the top for a big bend, there's still plenty of neck to dig into. Tonally, this guitar sports a straight ahead but all-encompassing setup that provides great flexibility without any weird controls or batteries. The pickups are some of the best sounding things I've heard. They're clear, responsive, and always very honest to your playing without getting in the way. Single coil jangle and chime, full-on humbucking leads, warm neck pickup jazz tones - it's all in there. The build quality is outstanding. This is one of those guitars that just feels more balanced and precise than what you're used to. In short, this is one of the best electric guitars I've played. It's perfect for the Guthrie disciple or simply any player looking for a super high-end, no-nonsense workhorse shredder.
As a preeminent modern virtuoso, U.K. guitar master Guthrie Govan dazzles all who hear his playing. Charvel spent two years of meticulous development with Govan to first introduce his Guthrie Govan signature model in 2014, and it’s the ultimate ultra-pro guitar. Loaded with special features and high-performance appointments, it's truly the ideal expression of Govan's artistry rendered in distinctive Charvel form.
This 25.5” scale guitar offers a caramelized basswood San Dimas® body with a gorgeous flame maple top with a thin satin urethane finish and a specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on neck is two-piece flame maple with a "caramelized" heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, with graphite reinforcement, hand-rubbed urethane gel on the back of the neck and a convenient truss rod adjustment wheel at the body end. Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the 12"-16" compound-radius flame maple fingerboard spans two octaves, with the same caramelized treatment as the neck, 24 jumbo stainless steel frets and special maple dot inlays with ebony borders, as well as Luminlay side-dots that emit light for the darkest of stages.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom MF pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, a 2-way mini toggle switch to engage single-coil simulation in bridge and neck humbucker positions, two Luminlay numbered dome control knobs (master volume, master tone), U.S.-made recessed Charvel locking tremolo bridge with Tremol-No unit and oversized brass block, bone nut and chrome hardware.
- Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature Flame Maple
- Thin Satin Lacquer Finish
- Flame Maple Top
- Caramalized Basswood Body
- Roasted Caramelized Flame Maple Neck and Fingerboard
- Graphite Reinforcement Neck Rods
- 12" - 16" Compound Fretboard Radius
- 1.6875" Nut Width
- 24 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
- Maple Dot Inlays w/ Ebony Borders
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Custom Charvel MF Humbucking and Single-Coil Pickups
- 3-Position Blade (pickup selector) and 2-Position Toggle (for coil-splitting)
- Volume Knob/Tone Knob
- Recessed Charvel Locking Tremolo Bridge
- Locking Sperzel Chrome Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- Heel-Style Truss Rod Adjustment
- Custom Neck Feel for Easy Upper Register Access
- Deluxe Charvel Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 7.8 lbs.
Our in-house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).