Holy Guthrie. This guitar should be nominated for knighthood. Smoothies, city blocks and new species of mammals should be named after it. There should a free app that calculates your proximity to the nearest one. Pictures of it should come standard as a background choice for all laptops.
This guitar courted and wooed me before I got a single note out of it. The first thing you'll notice is the neck. It's just the right shape: not a baseball bat, not paper thin. When you play with your hand flat and your thumb directly in the back, it'll really let you open up and get into full stride. But when you reach your thumb around the top for a big bend, there's still plenty of neck to dig into. Tonally, this guitar sports a straight ahead but all-encompassing setup that provides great flexibility without any weird controls or batteries. The pickups are some of the best sounding things I've heard. They're clear, responsive, and always very honest to your playing without getting in the way. Single coil jangle and chime, full-on humbucking leads, warm neck pickup jazz tones - it's all in there. The build quality is outstanding. This is one of those guitars that just feels more balanced and precise than what you're used to. In short, this is one of the best electric guitars I've played. It's perfect for the Guthrie disciple or simply any player looking for a super high-end, no-nonsense workhorse shredder.
The Guthrie Govan USA Signature HSH Caramelized Ash is a 25.5” scale guitar that offers a carmelized ash San Dimas body with a thin satin lacquer finish and a specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on flame maple neck has a "caramelized" heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, with graphite reinforcement, hand-rubbed urethane on the back and a convenient truss rod adjustment wheel at the body end. Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the 12"-16" compound radius flame maple fingerboard spans two octaves, with the same caramelized treatment as the neck, 24 extra jumbo stainless steel frets and special maple dot inlays with ebony borders, as well as Luminlay® side-dots that emit light for the darkest of stages.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom MF pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, a 2-way mini toggle switch to engage single coil simulation in bridge and neck humbucker position, two Luminlay numbered dome control knobs for volume and tone, U.S.-made recessed Charvel locking tremolo bridge with Tremol-No™ unit and oversized brass block, bone nut and chrome hardware.
- Caramelized Ash Body
- Bolt-On Caramelized Flame Maple Neck w/ Graphite Reinforcement
- 12"-16" Compound Radius Caramelized Flame Maple Fingerboard
- Charvel Custom MF Humbucking (Bridge and Neck) and Chervel Custom MF Single-Coil (Middle) Pickups
- U.S.-Made Charvel Locking Recessed Tremolo
- 5-Way Blade, 2-Way Toggle, Volume, Tone Controls
- Model: Guthrie Govan Signature
- Body: Caramelized Ash
- Fretboard: Roasted Flame Maple
- Neck Wood: Roasted Flame Maple
- Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Scale: 25.5"
- Fretboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound
- Nut: 1.6875"
- Frets: 24, Jumbo, Stainless Steel
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck w/ Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Neck and Bridge Pickups: Charvel Custom MF Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: Charvel Custom MF Single-Coil
- Control Knobs: Volume, Tone
- Mini-Toggle: Single-Coil Simulation
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Bridge: Recessed Charvel Locking Tremolo
- Tuners: Sperzel Locking
- Case: Charvel Molded Deluxe Hardshell
- Serial #: GG19001987
- Instrument Weight: 7.7 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Charvel. This Guthrie Govan Signature is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).