XW-P1 Performance Synthesizer
- Number of Keys 61
- Controllers Pitch Wheel; Yes
- Modulation Wheel Yes
- Assignable Controllers Controllers; 4 Knobs
- Assignable Functions MIDI Messages (CC, RPN, NRPN, Mono After touch, Poly After touch, Pitch, Tempo)
- Editing Controllers 9 Sliders
- Display LCD; 72x31 Dot Matrix + Patterns, with Backlight and Contrast
- Tone Generator Overview; Sound Generator Type; HPSS(Hybrid Processing Sound Source)
- Polyphony 64
- Number of Parts 16
- Total Number of Tones (Preset/User) 620/310
PCM, Melody, PCM Drum, Drawbar Organ, Hex Layer, Solo Synthesizer
- GM Compatible Level 1
- Mixer Yes
- Tuning A4=415.5Hz - 440.0Hz - 465.9Hz (0.1Hz-Step)
- PCM Tones Preset/User Tones; 400/100
- Tri-Element Stereo Piano Yes
- Tones with User Wave N/A
- Drum Kits (Preset/User) 20/10
- Hex Layer Number of Tones (Preset/User); 50/50
- Description A single tone with 6 components. Independent filter, pitch, envelope key zone, velocity range and effects mix for each layer
- Drawbar Organ Number of Tones (Preset/User); 50/50
- Description 9 Step Drawbar organ mode with 9 dedicated sliders, percussion control, key click and rotary speaker
- Solo Synthesizer Preset/User Tones; 100/100
- Maximum Polyphony 1
- Oscillator Blocks 6 (Synth 1/2, PCM1/2, Ext Input, Noise)
- Portamento Yes
- Legato Yes
- PWM Yes
- External Input Yes
- Pitch Shifter Yes
- Noise Generator Yes
- Non-Resonant Filter Yes (6)
- Resonant Filter Yes (1)
- Amplifier Yes
- Oscillator Mixer Yes
- LFO Yes (2)
- Envelope Generators Pitch, Amp, Filter, LFO
- Assignable Virtual Controllers 8
- Effects System Reverb; Preset Types; 10
- System Chorus Preset Types; 5
- Limitations System Chorus, DSP and Solo Synthesizer are mutually exclusive
- Master Effect EQ; Editable 4 Band EQ
- DSP Number of DSP Sets (Preset/User); 100/100
- PCM Tone Effect Categories Compressor, Distortion, Enhancer, Wah, Auto Pan, Tremolo, Rotary, Phaser, Chorus, Reflection, Tempo Sync Delay, Ring Modulator, LoFi, 2-Module Multi
- Solo Synth DSP Tempo Sync Delay, Distortion, Ring Modulator, Chorus, Flanger, Pan
- Algorithm Types 46(Normal Tone DSP) 6(Solo Synthesizer DSP)
- DSP Lines 1
- Audio Player Storage Type; SD Card
- Number of Songs 999
- Audio File Format 42kHz Stereo
- Limitation Audio Playing, Musical Playing(SMF, Step Sequencer) are mutually exclusive.
- Step Sequencer Number of Tracks; Mono x 8, Poly x 1, Control x 4
- Number of Patterns / Step Sequence 8
- Number of Step Sequencers (Preset/User) 100/100
- Number of Chains (user) 100
- Maximum Number of Steps 16
- Key Play Yes
- Other Note Gate, Note Swing per Track
- Phrase Sequencer Number of Phrases; 100/100
- Number of Tracks 1
- Play Mode Loop, Hold, Key Play
- Capacity 8KBytes/Pgrase, 128KBytes/100 User Phrases
- Recordable Events Note On/Off, Controller Operations
- Arpeggiator Other; Phrase measure and note quantize, overdub
- Number of Patterns (Preset/User) 100/100
- Data Types Variation, Step
- Editing Function Variation; Parameter Edit
- Step 16-Step Edit, Parameter Edit
- Performance Number of Memories (Preset/User); 100/100
- Parameter Categories Tone, Effect, Mixer, Controller, Sequence, Phrase, Arpeggio, MIDI
- Recall Parameter Filter Yes
- Number of Keyboard Zones 4
- Multifunction Key Yes
- Transpose Range; +/- 12
- Octave Shift Range; +/- 3
- Tempo Range; 30-255BPM
- Tap Tempo Button/LED; Yes
- MIDI Clock Transmit/Receive; Yes
- Storage SDHC Card; Capacity; 2GB-32GB
The XW-P1 is a 61 key performance synthesizer with Casio’s exclusive (HPSS) Hybrid Processing Sound Source. Providing screaming virtual analog monophonic leads and basses, drawbar organs, complex layers, stereo pianos, drums and more, the XW-P1 has the sounds and real-time control the performing musician needs.
Providing everything from pulsing dance grooves to animated synth textures and arpeggios, the Step Sequencer is the first of its kind. With nine tracks for drums, basses, synths and chordal parts, four controller tracks for adding panning, filter changes and other animation to existing parts and eight patterns make up each sequence; the user can build and mix his/her performance on the fly. Sequences can even transpose live from the keyboard, providing a completely interactive experience.
In addition to the solo synth and Hexlayers, the XW-P1 performance synthesizer is armed with an arsenal of gig ready sounds like stereo pianos, vintage electric pianos, strings, brass, guitars, basses, drums and more. It also has a new drawbar organ mode. Utilizing the nine sliders on the XW-P1 you have full range control over each drawbar. The XW-P1 even has dedicated controls for key percussion and rotary speaker while also providing vibrato, distortion and more for the ultimate drawbar organ experience.
Utilizing Casio’s exclusive (HPSS) Hybrid Processing Sound Source, a six oscillator monophonic solo synth is just one of the amazing sound engines in the XW-P1. The solo synth has the power to deliver classic analog sounds and sounds with an aggressive edge unlike anything else. Two virtual analog style oscillators, two PCM based oscillators, a noise oscillator and an external oscillator via mic and line inputs can be combined to make up a single solo synth tone. Each oscillator has an independent filter, envelopes, independent key tracking, portamento, two LFO’s and access to master resonant filter. With impressive modulation and control capabilities at your fingertips, the solo synth is capable of a wide range of sounds and expression.
In addition to the solo synth, the XW-P1 also features HexLayer tones. A HexLayer is a single sound comprised of up to 6 components, allowing complex layers, splits and velocity switched sounds. The sliders on the XW-P1 can be used to mix sounds on the fly to create evolving pads and rich synth textures while key velocity can be used to create dynamic velocity switched orchestral sounds and more.
Arpeggiator and Phrase Sequencer
The XW-P1 has powerful arpeggiators. In addition to typical arpeggio patterns, this arpeggiator can create polyphonic synth gated patterns, acoustic instrument emulations and is even fully programmable allowing you to create your own unique sounds. An additional phrase sequencer allows you to quickly capture any riff that you play on the keyboard and have it available on a front panel switch or triggered and transposed live from a range of notes on the keyboard. The combination of the Step Sequencer, Arpeggiator and Phrase Sequencer provides an endless array of sound possibilities.
The XW-P1 has 4 realtime controller knobs, pitch bend and modulation wheels, along with 9 sliders to provide control over internal sounds and external devices. Through standard MIDI ports and with a class-compliant USB port the keyboard can be used as a controller for other instruments, including computer software and iPad® based software applications. It also includes an audio input allowing you to monitor an MP3 player, computer or other device without the need for a mixer.
While the XW-P1 comes with a power supply it can also run on batteries, providing a truly mobile music making experience. You can now create music virtually anywhere.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).