Ah the misunderstood delay/echo…..rather than go into the technical description of this effect, let’s keep it simple. The Red Repeat 2016 Edition is designed to take your guitar signal and repeat it after a given amount of time. The simplest description comes from the Echoplexes and Space Echoes of years ago. If you envision a tape recorder with the recording head and the playback head in line with each other, and the tape (usually a loop of some sort) running….you play a note on your guitar which is recorded onto the tape by the recording head and is then played back by the playback head immediately after. The delay time is determined by how far apart the recording and playback heads are, and by simply adding more playback heads, that original note is played back as often (or repeated) as you have playback heads. Ok, that is oversimplifying the whole thing, but you get the idea.
The Red Repeat 2016 Edition takes this old technology and brings it up to modern standards. The Echo control basically determines the amount of this effect, from barely noticeable, to sounding like two guitars playing at once (slap-back). The Tone control changes the presence (EQ) of the echoed signal, leaving your original signal EQ the way you set it up. The Time control adjusts the space between your original signal and the echoed signal from 0 to 600 milliseconds, and finally, the Repeat control determines how many echoes there are from each signal. So again for guitar-players who need it super-simple….the Echo and Time controls tell you how much echo and how much space between echoes….and the Tone and Repeat controls determine the actual presence of the echo and how many echoes there are.
The Red Repeat 2016 Edition can be used to fatten up your sound, as an alternative to reverb, to give a very percussive flavor to your playing, all the way to the longest delays which you can play over top of, like a short loop. This type of effect has been used since the 50’s, and has helped shape the signature sounds of Les Paul, Chet Atkins, Gene Vincent, Brian Setzer, David Gilmour and countless others, and once you understand the effect, is usually pretty easy to spot in recordings. Remember, Delays can come before or after your distortion pedals, but usually after amplitude (volume) effects.
For the new improved Red Repeat 2016 Edition, Carl has added a couple features that various players have asked about. To begin with, we have added a Tap Tempo function. For those familiar with delay pedals, the Tap Tempo allows the player to tap in the tempo he choses to use with his playing. Simply flip the switch that says Manual Time toward the name Red Repeat and with your toe, tap the footswitch marked Tap Tempo to the beat of the song. This allows your echoes to be spaced precisely with the tempo of the song, faster or slower, depending on your style. When The Manual Time switch is flipped away from the Red Repeat 2016 Edition decal, the pedal goes back to setting the space between echoes with the Time knob. The second special feature is the Modulation switch. By engaging this switch, and adjusting the black mini-pots marked Depth and Speed….you can modulate the echoes of your notes so that they mimick the ‘wow and flutter’ of a vintage tape echo! This subtle effect can bring a whole new dimension to your solo’s, especially if you want them to sound ‘old’.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).