Bugera BXD12 Ultrabass 1000W 1x12" Bass Guitar Combo Amplifier - Discontinued
1000-Watt Bass Amplifier with Original 12" TURBOSOUND Speaker, MOSFET Preamp, Compressor and DYNAMIZER Technology
The BXD12 from BUGERA is a fully stage-ready powerhouse, delivering an incredible 1,000 Watts through a world-class, British-engineered 12" TURBOSOUND driver that produces an amazingly clear and punchy attack. Offering superb signal shaping via a high-voltage MOSFET preamp with a wealth of bottom, mid and top-end EQ options, a classic compressor and our amazing DYNAMIZER Technology – the BXD12 out punches the competition with ease, style and tone. All these amazing features are lovingly packaged in highly portable, tilt-back enclosure that makes the BXD12 the ultimate player-friendly, onstage tone-machine.
Turbosound - The Sound Difference
A world-leading British designer and manufacturer of professional loudspeaker systems, TURBOSOUND has been building cutting-edge speakers for more than 30 years, and won the venerable Queen’s Award for Innovation numerous times for their highly acclaimed loudspeaker designs. You will find TURBOSOUND ’s distinguished products not only touring with the best-known international artists, but also in countless major venues worldwide.
BUGERA is proud to incorporate world-famous, custom-engineeredTURBOSOUND speakers into their products for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction. Find out more about TURBOSOUND ’s amazing legacy, by visiting their extensive website .
Class-D - Massive Power, Perfect Sound
Thanks to our revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology, we are able to provide you with enormous power and incredible sonic performance in an easy-to-use, ultra-portable and lightweight package. Class-D amplification makes all the difference, offering the ultimate in energy efficiency and eliminating the need for heavy power supplies and massive heat sinks. This amazing technology makes it possible to design and build extremely-powerful products that are significantly lighter in weight than their traditional counterparts, while using less energy and protecting the environment.
MOSFET Preamp - High-Voltage, High-Headroom Tube Sound
BUGERA ’s revolutionary high-voltage MOSFET preamplifier redefines solid-state bass tone, providing the sound, feel and immense dynamics of an authentic tube amp. Like with real vacuum tubes, our new MOSFET design equally operates at high voltages, providing this preamp with unheard of headroom to honor all of your playing dynamics; from your subtly-nuanced signature riffs and bass lines, to your most powerful, attention-grabbing solos. The ULTRABASS BXD12 is all about tone, and this highly-versatile and responsive MOSFET preamp provides an abundance of headroom for consistently crystal-clear and faithful sound reproduction – no matter what style of music your gig calls for.
Studio-Quality Compressor - Stairway to Heaven
Our studio-grade compressor is based on classic and famous studio equipment from the 70’s. This totally transparent and musical compressor design allows your full dynamic range to shine through until your signal reaches the compression threshold, which is indicated by the highly visible status LED. The compressor increases sustain and gently smoothens out signal peaks, which is especially handy when you’re laying down the funk, à la slap and pop – or hammering home your most-aggressive metal lines. The resulting output level lets you unleash powerful and impact-laden bass lines, while still sitting right where you need to be in the mix!
DYNAMIZER Technology - The Secret Weapon
What is known as Parallel Compression or “New York” compression, is a dynamic range compression technique used as a secret weapon in high-end sound recording and mixing. Parallel compression is achieved by mixing an unprocessed “dry”, or lightly compressed, signal with a heavily compressed version of the same signal. Rather than bringing down the highest peaks for the purpose of dynamic gain reduction, it reduces the dynamic range by bringing up the softest sounds, adding audible detail. It is most often used on stereo percussion buses in recording and mixdown, on electric bass, and on vocals in recorded and live concert mixes.
Now this amazing technology is available to you! We have integrated parallel compression in our DYNAMIZER technology to provide you with tone and dynamics that are unheard of to date. By working directly with the amplifier, our DYNAMIZER technology adds incredible detail and powerful, fat punch, so your sound is always impeccable, whether you’re playing super-soft – or at the extreme volume levels that push a dB-meter to the max! DYNAMIZER allows you to take full advantage of every single Watt of your amplifier!
As bass players ourselves, we know that only the ultimate in tonal flexibility will do, so we designed the BXD12 to satisfy the most-demanding bassist – you! The passive Gyrator EQ circuit provides the sound and feel of traditional tube amps, while dedicated Bass, Mid and Treble controls, working in tandem with a sophisticated 5-position mid-frequency switch, helps you easily dial-in any tone you can imagine. And since we want a little extra sometimes, BXD12’s Ultra Low and Ultra High switches are always there to launch your tone into the sonic stratosphere. A handy Mute switch allows you to tune up silently, and the -15 dB input switch enables you to jump between passive and active basses in a flash.
Equally adept in the studio, on the stage or in your practice room, the BXD12 is replete with convenient options and connectivity to help you get the job done. For recording and live performance applications, we’ve provided a world-class, balanced DI output. Also included is a dedicated FX Loop for connecting your external effects and a switchable Tuner Output that’s perfect for use with a tuner, or as a live monitor feed. An Aux input is provided for playing along with your favorite music, and the headphone output offers superb tone while practicing. We’ve even provided connectivity for our optional FSB102B footswitch, so you can remotely-control Mute and FX Loop functions.
Your Ultimate Tone Machine
Built from the ground up around an astonishingly-versatile MOSFET preamp, with massive tone-sculpting EQ, and a remarkable DYNAMIZER-regulated, 1,000-Watt Class-D power amp – the BXD12 channels all of your precious tone through an incredible touring-grade TURBOSOUND 12" driver. The BUGERA BXD12 is quite simply... a bass player’s dream come true!
Conceived and designed by BUGERA Germany in collaboration withTURBOSOUND , and covered by our 3-Year Limited Warranty Program, the BXD12 is sure to become your all-time favorite amp! Truly a do-it-all solution for any bass amplification requirement, head down to your local authorized BUGERA dealer to check out the BXD12 today.
You Are Covered
We always strive to provide the best possible Customer Experience. Our products are made in our own MUSIC Group factory using state-of-the-art automation, enhanced production workflows and quality assurance labs with the most sophisticated test equipment available in the world.
As a result, we have one of the lowest product failure rates in the industry, and we confidently back it up with a generous 3-Year Warranty program.
- Powerful 1,000-Watt amplifier with wedge-shaped cabinet
- World-famous, British engineered 12" TURBOSOUND speaker
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-lightweight
- High-voltage MOSFET preamplifier gives you the sound and feel of an authentic tube amp
- Classic compressor increases sustain and smoothens out volume peaks when playing dynamic slaps
- DYNAMIZER Power Management technology for ultimate punch and to capture every nuance of your playing
- Dedicated Bass, Mid and Treble controls for ultimate sound shaping
- Selectable mid-frequency switch provides 5 classic sound variations to suit your playing style
- Switchable Ultra Low and Ultra High EQ for ultimate tone
- Passive Gyrator EQ circuitry for classic and authentic tube-style sound
- Balanced DI output for direct connection to your mixing console
- Dedicated FX Loop for external effects devices (stomp boxes, rack effects, etc.)
- Switchable Tuner Out works either as tuner connection or live monitor feed
- Aux input allows you to play along to your favorite music
- Dual footswitch connector for Mute and FX Loop (footswitch FSB102B not included)
- Active cooling system with variable fan speed, DC and thermal overload protection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered by BUGERA Germany
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).