Bourgeois Slope D
Out of stock
Music Store Live is proud to present this 2002 Bourgeois Slope D Dreadnought! If you have yet to play a Bourgeois dreadnought, you have an extremely pleasing playing experience waiting for you. We are continually blown away by the tone, feel and quality of these guitars and this Slope D is a perfect example why. The tone on this is enormous. The bass is thick, meaty and will not fall apart no matter how hard you push this beast. The mids shine brilliantly and the high end beams brightly while retaining a sweetness that is quite unique to this guitar. The feel is extremely comfortable and totally solid. The neck is full feeling without being too fat. Modern players will love cruising from top to bottom on this neck at warp speed. There is plenty of bounce and snap in the first position for maniacal bluegrass runs and the strings all breathe with a character all their own. The set up is spot on. The neck is straight, the intonation is right on and the action is set on the low side with no buzzing. This is a score!
This 2002 Slope D features an Adirondak Spruce top, finished in Sunburst, paired with Mahogany back and sides. This model features a lot of Bourgeois' excellent standard features such as a one piece mahogany neck, bone nut and saddle, ebony fingerboard and bridge, premium tortoise shell pickguard, high gloss finish and a 25.5" scale length. This model also features the Snakehead style headstock design, a 1 23/32" nut width, ivroid body binding, tiny dot inlays and nickel Waverly tuners. This Slope D once had a pickup installed in it through the end pin but has been taken out. It comes with it's original hard shell case. Serial number # 002503.
From Bourgeois :
Our slope shouldered dreadnought is only about 1/4" wider than a standard dreadnought, but what a difference! Voiced for a more open, though less driving, sound than the Country Boy, the Slope D happily accommodates a wide variety of playing styles including country, blues, old timey, pop,
contemporary, and--you name it. And if you're a fingerstyle player looking for a dreadnought-sized guitar that can handle fingerpicks or bare fingers as well as flatpicks, the Slope D is definitely your guitar!
The Slope D's interior construction is reasonably similar to the rest of our guitars, but we sure have fun with the exterior. Standard materials include an adirondack spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and ebony fretboard, headstock and bridge, trimmed everywhere (body, fretboard, headstock, and soundhole) with ivoroid binding. To complement the theme, our original Bourgeois snakehead-style peghead is graced with ivoroid-buttoned Waverly tuners.
The following features attribute to the classic and warm sound of this stunning instrument:
- 2002 Bourgeois Slope D
- Solid Adirondack Spruce Top
- Snakehead Headstock
- Solid Mahogany Back and sides
- One Piece Mahogany Neck
- Solid Black Ebony Fretboard
- Nut Width: 1 23/32"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Premium Tortoise Shell Pickguard
- Ivroid Body Binding
- Nickel Waverly Tuners with White Buttons
- B/W Vintage Rosette
- Finish: High Gloss
- Lower Bout: 15 13/16"
- Upper Bout: 11 3/8"
- Depth at Tailblock: 4 7/8"
- 20 Frets
- Weight 4.4 lbs
- TKL Deluxe Hard shell Case
- Serial # 002503
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & FinancingLayaways
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).
- 6 Month Interest Free Financing is available via Paypal's Bill Me Later Program which is available upon checkout.
- For a longer financing term, contact your Guitar Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 and we'll be happy to get you pre-approved for financing terms. Up to 5 year payment terms are available!