- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- AD Conversion: 32 bits + AF method
- AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
- DA Conversion: 32 bits
- Processing: 32-bit floating point
- Patches: 99 (User) + 50 (Preset)
- Nominal Input Level
- MIC IN: -40 dBu (Adjustable)
- INST IN: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance
- MIC IN: 4 k ohms
- INST IN: 2 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- XLR OUT L, R: -40 dBu, -10 dBu (Selectable)
- INST THRU: -10 dBu (Unbuffered)
- Output Impedance: XLR OUT L, R: 600 ohms
- Display: Graphic LCD (132 x 32 dots, backlit LCD)
- DOWN switch, UP switch, HARMONY switch,
- EFFECT EDIT button, KEY button, MENU button, EXIT button, ENTER button,
- 1 knob, 2 knob, 3 knob,
- GND LIFT switch
- MIC IN connector: XLR type, balanced, phantom power (DC 48 V, 10 mA Max)
- INST IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- XLR OUT L, R connectors: XLR type
- INST THRU jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL1,2 / EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- MIDI IN connector
- USB COMPUTER port: USB Micro-B type
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor (PSA series)
- Current Draw
- 310 mA (with phantom power)
- 210 mA (without phantom power)
- AC adaptor: PSA series
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Options (sold separately)
- Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L
- Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
- Expression Pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
Size and Weight
- Width: 170 mm, 6-3/4 inches
- Depth: 138 mm, 5-7/16 inches
- Height: 62 mm, 2-1/2 inches
- Weight: 860 g, 1 lb 15 oz
Powerhouse Vocal Tools for Your Pedalboard
If you’re like most guitarists, you spend a lot of time choosing the right amps and pedals to craft your own personalized sound. But if you sing in your band as well, it hasn’t always been so easy to give your vocal sounds that same attention to detail—until now. The advanced VE-500 Vocal Performer provides everything you need to achieve impressive vocal harmonies and effects on stage, and all in streamlined stompbox that integrates seamlessly with the regular guitar effects on your pedalboard.
Packing professional sound quality and serious BOSS DSP muscle, the VE-500 delivers sophisticated harmony and pitch correction functions that automatically track the chords you play on your guitar. It also includes a powerful vocoder and core sound-enhancement tools, plus world-class reverb, delay, and modulation sounds and specialty effects like distortion, filtering, and many others. And with programmable memories, you can instantly recall favorite setups for any song or style. The VE-500 is the perfect addition to the pedalboard of any singing guitarist, providing top-flight vocal processing that fits right alongside your standard guitar effects.
- Advanced vocal multi-effects stompbox for singing guitarists
- Automatic vocal harmony/pitch correction powered by newly enhanced BOSS algorithms for natural sound with smooth tracking
- Class-leading sound quality and high-powered BOSS DSP engine for processing vocals with up to nine effects at once
- Extensive selection of effects specially tuned for vocals; Enhance section for shaping core tone, plus reverb, delay, modulation, distortion, EQ, filter, and many other types for further processing
- Versatile and creative vocoder effect for generating electronic voice and talk box sounds based on guitar input
- Flexible effect routing options for processing live and harmonized vocals together or separately
- Dedicated looper
- XLR mic input with adjustable sensitivity and available phantom power
- Guitar input for harmony, pitch, and vocoder processing; Thru output for sending unprocessed signal to guitar pedals
- Stereo XLR outputs for sending vocal sounds to a PA mixer or recorder
- Three assignable footswitches for real-time performance control, plus support for up to two external footswitches or an expression pedal
- 99 user memories for storing patch setups
- Three assignable knobs for quick access to essential parameters while performing
- MIDI input and USB-MIDI for guiding harmony/pitch engine from an external MIDI keyboard or DAW backing tracks
- Editor/librarian software (Mac/Windows) for sound editing and patch management via USB
All the Vocal Tools You Need, Right on Your Pedalboard
Filled with deep sound-shaping capabilities, the VE-500 is a professional vocal toolkit that lets you process your voice any way you like, from subtle sweetening to the dramatic, over-the-top effects heard on so many modern records. And with its newly enhanced harmony and pitch engine, you can easily expand your sound with real-time vocal harmonies and more.
The VE-500’s stompbox configuration makes it simple to integrate with any pedalboard—just plug your guitar into the instrument input to drive the harmony, pitch, and vocoder functions, and then use the Thru output to feed an unprocessed signal to your other pedals. And with the VE-500’s stereo XLR outputs, you’re able to send your processed vocal sounds directly to a PA mixer, stage monitor, or recording device.
Automatic Multi-Part Vocal Harmony Driven via Guitar or MIDI
Are you short of good backing singers in your band? The VE-500 is the perfect solution, making it easy to elevate your songs with rich, ear-catching vocal harmonies. Its automatic harmony engine is powered by advanced BOSS processing that detects the chords and key you play with your guitar, generating smooth and natural two- and three-part harmonies in real time as you sing. And by working with the VE-500’s different harmony modes, you’re able to refine the harmonies as needed for songs that have more complex key structures. The harmony engine can alternately be driven via MIDI (through either the VE-500’s MIDI or USB inputs), enabling you to generate pitch-perfect live harmonies with a MIDI keyboard or DAW-based backing tracks.
Vocal FX That Impress
The VE-500 contains wide-ranging effects with deep editing parameters for crafting nearly any vocal sound imaginable. In addition, highly flexible routing options are available for processing live and harmonized vocals together or separately. Use the Enhance section to polish your voice with essentials like compressor, de-esser, and EQ, then tap into the two dedicated Reverb/Delay sections for everything from subtle coloration to lush, expansive clouds of ambience. Four independent FX engines are available as well, and each contains an enormous selection of effects types. Spice things up with a little chorus, flanger, or tremolo, add some secondary reverb or delay, or take things over the top with distortion, radio voice, ring mod, slicer, filtering, and more—the sky’s the limit!
Get Creative with the Built-in Vocoder
Another killer VE-500 feature is its powerful vocoder function, which is derived from BOSS’s unique and innovative VO-1 Vocoder pedal. By vocalizing into the connected mic as you play, you can transform your guitar’s tone with electronic voices and an array of all-new colors for modern music styles. It’s even possible to replicate traditional talk box sounds, providing instant access to classic “talking lead guitar” tones without having to use a talk box rig and mouth tube.
Stay in Tune or Create Special Effects with Automatic Pitch Correction
The VE-500 also includes a dedicated pitch correction section, which is guided via guitar or MIDI just like the harmony function. You can employ it for transparent pitch stabilization, which is especially useful if you’re not such a great singer but still need to contribute some lead and/or backing vocals to your band’s sound. It’s also possible to switch in alternate modes that provide the heavily effected sounds heard on modern hits, including hard pitch correction, electronic tonalities, and even robot-voice sounds.
Total Performance Control
With the VE-500’s large display and panel knobs/buttons, it’s simple to create and call up sounds. After you’ve dialed in the perfect setup, simply save it to one of 99 user patch locations for instant recall while performing. Editor/librarian software is available as well, allowing to tweak and organize sounds from your Mac or Windows computer. The three panel knobs can be assigned to favorite parameters, enabling on-the-go tweaks in the heat of the moment. Three integrated footswitches offer access to a multitude of functions, including patch selection, individual effects on/off, harmony and looper functions, and more. Expanded control is also possible with external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).