- Nominal Input Level
- MIC IN: -40 dBu (MicSens = 40)
AUX IN: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance
- MIC IN: 4 k ohms
AUX IN: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- XLR OUT: -40 dBu
- Output Impedance
- XLR OUT: 600 ohms
PHONES/LINE: 66 ohms
- Sound: 50
- Effect Types
- DYNAMICS, PITCH CORRECT, TONE/SFX, DOUBLE/HARMONY, DELAY, REVERB
- Phrase Loop
- 38 sec. (Mono only)
- 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- MIC IN jack/XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max), 1/4 inch TRS phone type (balanced)
AUX IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type)
XLR OUT jack (XLR type)
PHONES/LINE jack (Stereo miniature phone type)
CTL 1, 2 Jack (1/4" TRS phone type)
DC IN Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery (AA, HR6) or Alkaline (AA, LR6) x 4, AC Adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw
- 190 mA (9 V max.)
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery (AA, HR6): Approx. 20 hours (phantom power: OFF)/Approx. 9 hours (phantom power: ON)
Alkaline (AA, LR6) : Approx. 13 hours (phantom power: OFF)/Approx. 6 hours (phantom power: ON)
* These figures will vary depending on the specifications of the batteries and the actual conditions of use.
- Owner’s Manual
Leaflet (USING THE UNIT SAFELY, IMPORTANT NOTES, and Information)
Mic Stand Holder (Screw x 2, Washer x 2, Spring Washer x 2)
Audio Cable (Stereo Miniature Phone Type, Cable Tie Attached)
Alkaline Battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- Options (sold separately)
- AC Adaptor (PSA series)
Footswitch (FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7)
- Size and Weight (including batteries)
- 178 mm
- 108 mm
- 55 mm
- 460 g
1 lbs. 1 oz.
Compact Vocal Processor with Friendly Features
The VE-5 Vocal Performer is a compact and mobile personal effects processor and looper for vocalists. Featuring a simple-to-use tabletop design that can be easily attached to a mic stand for performing, the VE-5 is perfect for singers, rappers, beatboxers, webcasters, and anyone that wants to have fun with processing vocal sounds. Its physical design is small and light, yet its effects are heavyweight class, derived from the popular VE-20 Vocal Performer. With battery operation and built-in phrase looping, the VE-5 is also an ideal tool for street performers who want to bring a new dimension of creativity to their act.
- Easy one-touch operation
- Six types of high-quality vocal effects inherited from the VE-20 – Reverb, Delay, Double/Harmony, Dynamics, Pitch Correct, and Tone/SFX
- Phrase Looper adds impact to real-time vocal performances, including harmonizing and layered beatboxing
- Favorite Sound function provides immediate access to preferred sounds
- Ideal for live performance, as well as tabletop setups; mic-stand mount included
- Internal microphone for instant gratification
- Aux input for blending external music
- Battery operation for street performance (AC adapter sold separately)
Simple and Intuitive Operation
From beginners to professionals, all singers can enjoy great results with the VE-5. Even technophobes or non-musicians will embrace this creative processor, thanks to its simple, intuitive operation. The handy Favorite Sound function, for example, lets you instantly access your preferred sounds with a press of button.
The VE-5 is suited for a variety of settings. It’s perfect for live performers, and the included mount lets you attach it to any standard microphone stand. Some of the VE-5’s functions can even be controlled by footswitches, which is great for hands-free operation. When powered by batteries, the VE-5 becomes an ideal tool for street performance, and it also fits beautifully in homes and studios as a tabletop processor.
Great Presets and High-Quality Effects
The VE-5 has six types of high-quality effects and various special processing, all inherited from the VE-20. Enhance your vocals with smooth Reverb or Delay, or control the level with the Dynamics function. Thicken your voice with the Double/Harmonizer and correct intonation problems with Pitch Correct. Use the onboard Distortion, Radio, and Strobe for unique and impactful special effects. You can even create iconic pitch-correct / hard-tune effects — a staple of many modern hip-hop and pop hits.
Built-In Phrase Looper
Have fun layering and looping your voice with the VE-5’s built-in Phrase Looper. You can generate harmonies with yourself in real time, or jam over your own looped beatboxing. This creative feature greatly expands the potential of real-time vocal performance.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).