- Nominal Input Level
- MIC IN: -40 dBu (MicSens = Center)
- Input Impedance
- MIC IN: 4 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- XLR OUT: -40 dBu
PHONES/LINE OUT: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- XLR OUT: 600 ohms
PHONES/LINE OUT: 33 ohms
- Effect Types
- ECHO, DOUBLE, PITCH CORRECT, ENHANCE
- Number of Echo Types
- Number of Memory
- MIC IN jack: XLR type, balanced, phantom power (DC 46 V, 10 mA Max)
XLR OUT jack: XLR type
PHONES/LINE OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
FOOT SW jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
AC Adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw
- 200 mA Max. (9 V)
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (*1): Approx. 12 hours (phantom power: OFF), Approx. 8 hours (phantom power: ON)
Alkaline battery: Approx. 11 hours (phantom power: OFF), Approx. 7 hours (phantom power: ON)
*1 When using batteries having a capacity of 2,450 mAh.
* These figures will vary depending on the specifications of the batteries and the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's Manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Alkaline Battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- Options (sold separately)
- AC Adaptor (PSA series)
Footswitch (FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7)
Size and Weight
- 156 mm
- 116 mm
- 64 mm
- 600 g
1 lbs. 6 oz.
Boss VE-1 Vocal Echo Pedal
Professional Studio-Quality Vocal Ambience at Your Fingertips!
Every vocalist can benefit from having professional-grade reverb and studio effects to sound their best on stage. This is what the BOSS VE-1 Vocal Echo is designed for—to make your voice sound even more incredible when you sing. It provides lush reverb and other essential vocal tools magically packaged in a compact and user-friendly unit, allowing you to easily create a great ambient vocal sound every time you perform. What’s really cool about the VE-1 is that you don’t have to be a pro sound engineer to make your voice sound sweet. Everything is right at your fingertips to get great-sounding vocals anytime and anywhere. Whether you’re a newcomer to the world of audio effects processing or a highly trained PA engineer, the VE-1 provides high-quality processing for any singer to take their voice over the top with that extra luster and polish.
With the VE-1, there’s no need to worry about complicated parameter settings to achieve rich results. Simply dial up a sound from one of the seven available professionally designed presets, and then twist the knobs to easily and intuitively control the effect level and depth. And if you’re a more advanced user, additional detailed parameters are available to fine-tune sounds even further. Along with the top-quality reverbs, dedicated controls are right at your fingertips for applying Double, Pitch Correct, and Enhance features to your vocals to put the finishing touch to your sound. Pitch Correct helps you to stay in tune, and also allows you to obtain that characteristic “electronic voice” sound. With the convenient Memory feature, you can store and recall up to four favorite settings, including your current live setting. The built-in USB audio port enables you to record your polished vocal sound directly to a DAW or create a studio-quality sound for a YouTube performance. The VE-1 runs on batteries or AC power, and works great in any situation, from street performing to recording in your home studio to performing live at a café or club.
Control Your Vocal Sound Without the Need of a PA Engineer
Most vocalists don’t have the luxury of a pro sound engineer to dial in the perfect ambient vocal sound for every performance. The VE-1 is the perfect all-in-one solution to simply and easily get great sound without any outside help. Whether you’re a street performer or playing at a local café or club, you’ll always sound like a pro when you sing with the VE-1.
Seven Different Echo Types
The seven built-in presets don’t simply increase in depth or intensity as you step through them—they each contain multiple reverbs that are intricately adjusted for every setting. These variations provide the most suitable settings for each depth level, blending in beautifully while never overwhelming your direct vocal sound. BOSS engineers have used their decades of accumulated expertise in vocal reverb to design and meticulously craft these studio-level adjustments along with input from top recording engineers from around the world. This results in great ambient vocal effects that are easily obtained in any live situation, providing a big advantage for any singer!
Who is the VE-1 Designed For?
Studio-grade reverb is crucial for every vocalist. The VE-1 is designed for anyone who wants to sweeten their singing with beautiful ambience and sound like a pro. It greatly enhances any voice with spaciousness and sparkle, and it’s really easy to use, even if you’re a newcomer to the world of audio gear. The VE-1 is especially valuable for vocalists who perform with a minimal PA setup in a café, club, or any other live setting.
Built-in Memory to Switch between Different Vocal Sounds
As a vocalist, you‘re always the center of attention—you not only sing, but you speak to the audience as well. Sometimes you need to design a different vocal ambience from one song to another. With the VE-1’s built-in memory, you’re able to simply switch between the ambient vocal sounds you need for different song styles. Between songs, you can easily bypass the ambient sound while the Enhancer remains active, which is perfect for speaking to the audience. You can choose from four different settings, including your current live setup with the VE-1.
USB Audio Capability
Aside from the sweet ambient vocal sounds you can easily obtain with the VE-1, there’s also a built-in USB audio port to record to your computer. This is a particularly great feature for making professional-sounding YouTube videos that show off your incredible vocal ability.
But we didn’t stop there—with a microphone connected to the VE-1, you can record your vocals along with effects directly to your favorite music software. You can even mix in a song played back from your computer at the same time!
- Seven types of ambience effects with adjustable settings for your voice
- Double-tracking effect to instantly thicken your vocal sound
- Enhance effect and Pitch Correct (including hard-tuned “electronic voice” sound)
- Adjustable detailed parameters for advanced users
- Battery or AC operation enables performing anywhere
- Built-in Memory for switching between the best settings for each song
- USB audio port provides versatile options for use with your computer
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).