BOSS RV-500 Reverb Guitar Effects Pedal
Sampling Frequency : 96 kHz
AD/DA Conversion : 32 bits
Processing : 32-bit floating point
- 12 modes
- FAST DECAY
- EARLY REFLECTION
- SPACE ECHO
Memory : 198 (99 banks x 2 [A] [B]), 297 (99 banks x 3 [A] [B] [C])
Nominal Input Level : INPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
Maximum Input Level : INPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
Input Impedance : INPUT A/MONO, B: 1 M ohm
Nominal Output Level : OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
Maximum Output Level : OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
Output Impedance : OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 2 k ohms
Recommended Load Impedance : OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 20 k ohms or greater
Bypass : Buffered bypass or True bypass (with relays)
- A switch, B switch, TAP/CTL switch
- DOWN button, UP button, EXIT button, EDIT button
- MODE knob, TIME/VALUE knob, PRE-DELAY knob, E.LEVEL knob, LOW knob, HIGH knob
Display : Graphic LCD (128 x 64 dots, backlit LCD)
- INPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks, OUTPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL 1,2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TSR phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- DC IN jack
Power Supply : Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, AC adaptor (sold separately)
Current Draw : 225 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use : Alkaline: Approx. 4.5 hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor: PSA-S series
- Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L
- Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
- Expression Pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- 170 mm
- 6-3/4 inches
- 138 mm
- 5-7/16 inches
- 62 mm
- 2-1/2 inches
Weight (including battery)
- 1.0 kg
- 2 lbs 4 oz
Hosa MID-203 Dual MIDI Cable, Dual 5-pin DIN to Same, 3 m
Connector(s): Dual 5-pin DIN to Same
Length: 3 m
Journey to new dimensions of time and space with the RV-500, the most powerful and versatile reverb processor BOSS has ever produced. This multifaceted creation machine features class-defying 32-bit AD/DA along with 32-bit/96 kHz floating point processing and immense programmability, putting pro-level studio reverb and more at your feet.
Twelve modes and 21 newly developed reverb algorithms deliver a huge range of textures, from complementary ambience to deep, immersive sonic atmospheres. And thanks to the RV-500’s high-octane DSP, you can access a full-featured digital delay along with every reverb patch, and even run two reverb patches at once! Adding in MIDI I/O, support for external footswitch/expression control, and USB for connection to the free RV-500 Editor/Librarian software, the RV-500 is simply the most advanced reverb pedal available, bar none.
Twelve Modes and 21 Unique Reverb Types
Inside the RV-500 are 21 top-quality reverb algorithms that enable you to shape any kind of space you can imagine. Each includes a massive range of adjustable parameters, from decay, density, and modulation to EQ, ducking, and more. Every algorithm has been newly developed specifically for this pedal, leveraging BOSS’s decades of expertise in advanced reverb design. On tap is everything from standards like room, hall, and plate to advanced reverbs like shimmer, non-linear, SFX, and many more. Also included are all-new recreations of the RE-201 Space Echo and SRV-2000 Digital Reverb, two revered Roland classics from the ‘70s and ‘80s.
Simultaneous Reverbs and Independent Digital Delay
With its powerhouse DSP engine, the RV-500 is far more than a one-effect device. To start, the pedal’s Dual mode provides two independent reverbs at once; you can feed them both with a full-range input, or with divided frequency ranges on each input to build rich, multi-range sounds. And when you employ A/B Simul mode, you can use any two RV-500 reverb patches at the same time, with your choice of series or parallel connection order and mixed or split A/B output. What’s more, each patch also includes a digital delay with a full set of parameters including modulation and EQ, plus the ability to set the reverb and delay effects for series or parallel operation on a per-patch basis.
The RV-500 features 32-bit/96 kHz AD/DA, exceeding all industry standards for pedal-based effects. All internal processing is 32-bit floating point and runs at a 96 kHz sampling rate as well, delivering pristine sonic quality that goes beyond the highest-level digital processors used in top pro studios. If you wish, you can run your analog dry tone straight through so it’s completely untouched with digital processing. You’re also able to select true-bypass or buffered-bypass operation to suit the needs of your setup.
Advanced Interface, Intuitive Operation
The RV-500 is equipped with a large LCD that clearly shows the patch name, delay time, and other vital performance information. It also makes it easy to view and adjust the unit’s deep editing parameters and advanced control features. With the grab-and-go panel knobs, you have top-level access to essential parameter adjustments like pre-delay, high and low EQ, and effect level. And via USB, you can connect with the free RV-500 Editor/Librarian on your computer for remote editing, patch backup, and more.
Intensive Real-Time Control
With its freely assignable switches and extensive support for real-time control, the RV-500 delivers unmatched creative expression and performance flexibility. By default, the A, B, and TAP/CTL switches offer intuitive control for patch/bank selection and bypass, plus tap tempo and real-time adjustment of various effect parameters. If you like, the switches can be customized to access three different reverbs patches, A/B Simul mode, and other functions. MIDI I/O opens the door to even more creative possibilities, offering deep control options with advanced setups.
RV-500 Modes and Algorithms
- Room—Four types: small, medium, large, and ambience.
- Hall—Three different hall sizes.
- Plate—Classic studio-style reverberation.
- Spring—Choose from one to three springs.
- Shimmer—Two voices of pitch-shifted reverb.
- Fast Decay—Unique reverb with quick decay for increased clarity.
- Early Reflection—Four types with envelope parameters to shape unique sounds.
- Non-Linear—Includes gate, reverse, and granular types.
- SFX—Three characterful reverb types for special effects: Lo-Fi, Slowverb, and Storm.
- Dual—Two independent reverbs that can accept a full-range or frequency-divided input.
- SRV—Recreates the Roland SRV-2000, a classic rack reverb from the 1980s.
- Space Echo—Recreates the Roland RE-201 Space Echo, one of the most coveted tape echo units ever made.
- Studio-level sound with first-in-class 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 12 modes with 21 reverb types, all with deep editing parameters
- Includes a wide range of reverb types from standard to advanced, plus Roland classics such as the SRV-2000 Reverb and RE-201 Space Echo
- A/B Simul mode allows you to use two reverb patches at once
- Selectable carryover function allows reverb tails to continue with patch change or effect bypass
- Powerful DSP provides independent digital delay with modulation along with each reverb patch
- Graphic LCD and intensive real-time control options
- 297 onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Selectable buffered-bypass or true-bypass operation
- MIDI I/O for interfacing with MIDI control devices
- USB-MIDI for connecting to the RV-500 Editor/Librarian or a DAW (to be available in early July 2017)
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter
Hosa MID-203 Dual MIDI Cable, Dual 5-pin DIN to Same, 3 m
This cable is designed to interconnect MIDI devices. Each lead is wired 5-pin discrete and color-coded for easy identification.
Nickel-plated plugs for rugged durability and efficient signal transfer
Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) conductors for enhanced signal clarity
OFC spiral shields for effective EMI and RFI rejection and flexibility
Hosa Technology HGTR-020R Pro Guitar Straight to Right-Angle 20ft Cable HGTR 020R
Hosa Pro Guitar Cables are engineered to deliver years of rock-solid reliability. Combining REAN connectors by Neutrik AG with world-class manufacturing techniques, they redefine what performance and value are all about.
Nickel--plated REAN plugs for efficient signal transfer and superior durability
20 AWG Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) conductors for a louder, clearer signal
90% OFC braided shield for a higher signal to noise ratio
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).