Nominal Input Level
- MIC IN: -40 dBu (variable)
INST IN: -20 dBu
AUX IN: -10 dBu
- MIC IN: 4 k ohms
INST IN: 1 M ohm
AUX IN: 22 k ohms
Nominal Output Level
- -20 dBu
- 1 k ohm
Recommended Load Impedance
- 10 k ohms or greater
- Maximum Recording Time: Approximately 3 hours
Maximum Phrase Memory: 99 phrases
Number of tracks: 2
Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
- Hi-Hat, Kick & Hi-Hat, Rock 1, Rock 2, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, Latin, Percussion
- BEND DOWN, STEP PHASER, SWEEP FILTER, TEMPO DELAY, Lo-Fi
- Hi-Speed USB mass storage device class
- REC/PLAY/OVERDUB pedal switch, STOP/TAP TEMPO pedal switch, MIC INPUT LEVEL knob, MEMORY DOWN button, MEMORY UP button, MEMORY WRITE button, MEMORY DELETE button, RHYTHM OUTPUT LEVEL knob, RHYTHM ON/OFF button, RHYTHM TYPE button, RHYTHM TAP TEMPO button, TRACK 1 slider, TRACK 1 SELECT button, TRACK 2 slider, TRACK 2 SELECT button, LOOP FX ON/OFF, LOOP FX TYPE button, PHANTOM switch
- POWER indicator, REC/PLAY (DUB) indicators, PEAK indicator, TRACK 1 STATUS indicator, TRACK 2 STATUS indicator, BEND DOWN indicator, STEP PHASER indicator, SWEEP FILTER indicator, TEMPO DELAY indicator, Lo-Fi indicator
- 7 segments, 2 characters (LED)
- MIC IN Jack: XLR type (balanced/phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA),
INST IN Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4" phone type,
AUX IN Jack: Stereo miniature phone type,
OUTPUT Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4" phone type,
FOOT SW Jack: 1/4" TRS phone type,
DC IN Jack (DC 9 V)
- DC 9 V: Alkaline (AA, LR6) or Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6) x 6,
AC Adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
* Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries cannot be used.
- Maximum 195 mA (DC 9 V)
Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): Approx. 7.5 hours
Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6): Approx. 1.5 hours
These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner’s Manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
Options (sold separately)
- AC Adaptor (PSA series), Footswitch (FS-5U, FS-6)
Size and Weight
- 173 mm
- 158 mm
- 57 mm
- 1.2 kg
2 lbs. 11 oz.
BOSS RC-30 Phrase Looper Pedal
Twin Stereo Tracks, Built-In Effects, & Pro I/O
BOSS celebrates the 10th anniversary of the LoopStation with an exciting new lineup of RC-series loopers! First out of the gate is the RC-30, a Twin Pedal multitrack looper with two synchronized stereo tracks and built-in loop effects. Plug in your instrument of choice, or even a microphone; an XLR input is provided, complete with phantom power. Record for up to three hours direct to internal memory, adding effects as you go. The USB 2.0 port lets you save your loops externally, and import/export WAV files.
- Twin Stereo Loops
Create and stack multi-layered loops with twin stereo tracks — each track being independently controllable with dedicated volume faders and track-select buttons. Creating loops is convenient with the Auto Recording feature, which starts recording the moment you begin playing your guitar, bass, keyboard, or singing, or as soon as you start a connected audio player. Count-In mode gives you one-bar of rhythm before recording starts. You can Undo/Redo as you go. The sky’s the limit, with three hours of recording time!
- Onboard Effects
Fans of BOSS’s world-famous effects will be pleased to find a lineup of creative effects onboard the RC-30. Bend Down provides a dramatic pitch-bend effect. Step Phaser changes phase in incremental steps. Sweep Filter alters frequency in sync with the current tempo. Tempo Delay produces a tempo-synced delay effect. Lo-Fi intentionally degrades the sound to create a distinctive character. Dunk your loops in cool effects without the cost and hassle of adding external gear.
- Mic Input
Vocalists can plug a microphone of their choice directly into the RC-30’s XLR microphone input, complete with phantom power if you wish to use a condenser mic. Sing, overdub, and make multi-layered loops of your voice, create vocal sound-effects patterns, or point the microphone at your acoustic musical instruments, or anything that makes noise and turn it into a cool loop. You don’t have to be a musician to get in on the LoopStation action!
- Rhythm Guide
To keep your loops tight and in time, play along with one of the basic rhythm patterns in the RC-30’s onboard library as you record. Ten types of rhythm types are provided, including Rock, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, and Latin. A dedicated knob lets you adjust the volume of the rhythm, and you can set the tempo via tap tempo. You can also specify the time signature. When you save a phrase, the rhythm type and time signature will also be saved.
- USB Connectivity
You can connect the RC-30 to your computer via a standard USB cable, and back up your RC-30 phrases to your computer for safekeeping. You can also load WAV files from your computer directly into the RC-30. The RC-30 accepts 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files of up to 1.7GB in size.
- AUX Input
In addition to recording your instrument performances and turning them into playable loops, you can record other external stereo audio sources via the AUX IN. Sound from a digital-audio player or other device connected to the AUX input can easily be recorded and added to your loop.
- Twin Pedal multitrack looper with true stereo I/O
- Two synchronized stereo tracks with dedicated volume faders and track-select buttons
- Massive internal memory with up to three hours of stereo recording time
- 99 onboard memory phrases for storing loops
- Built-in effects for processing loops
- Multiple inputs: 1/4" A and B input jacks, stereo 1/8" mini AUX input jack, XLR input jack with phantom power
- USB 2.0 port allows you to connect to a PC and import/export WAV audio
- Rhythm guide with real drums
- Runs on batteries or optional AC power supply
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).