With the 200 series, BOSS introduces a new generation of pedals that pack advanced sound and versatility into a streamlined size that saves space on your board. Grab-and-go controls and multi-function switches make operation easy and intuitive, while onboard memories allow you to store multiple setups for instant recall. All 200 series pedals feature premium audio quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit internal processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate, plus support for additional control via external switches, an expression pedal, or MIDI.
Outfitted with algorithms from the flagship MD-500, the MD-200 Modulation delivers an array of world-class effects in one small, convenient pedal. Twelve different modes provide every mod sound you need and more, and each includes customized controls that unlock deep tone shaping right from the panel. And with the powerful insert function, it’s simple to patch in drive pedals and other effects for selectable pre or post processing.
Twelve Mod Essentials in One Pedal
Compact and mighty, the MD-200 gives you every key mod effect in a minimal footprint. Modern and vintage BOSS chorus effects are included, plus phaser, flanger, rotary, vibrato, and tremolo. Classic vibe and ‘70s phaser effects are also available, complete with selectable distortion for added versatility. BOSS’s famous Slicer delivers lots of cool rhythmic grooves, while the rich Overtone effect dishes up fat octave tones and unique sonic colors. There’s a highly adjustable auto wah as well, which can double as a foot wah when an expression pedal is connected.
Dial in Sounds Fast
With the MD-200’s simple and direct interface, it’s easy to craft inspiring sounds in the heat of the moment. Using dedicated controls, you can quickly dial in rate, depth, and level for any selected mode. You can also tap in the rate with a footswitch while playing, and visually set note subdivisions right from the panel. Going further, three additional parameter knobs dynamically change functions with each mode, providing extended tone shaping with no need to menu dive.
Save and Recall Your Favorite Setups
The MD-200 offers four onboard memories for saving favorite setups and recalling them while performing. There’s also a Manual setting that reflects the current panel status, essentially giving you a fifth setup to choose from. You can scroll through memories with an MD-200 footswitch, and it’s also possible to limit the scrolling range or assign memories directly for even faster access.
Instantly Change Effect Order for Optimum Tone
Using the MD-200's insert loop function, you're able to patch external pedals, set the ideal effect order, and save the setting to an onboard memory. For example, you can place a phaser or classic vibe before an external pedal in one memory, a chorus or flanger after in the next, and then switch between them. This is particularly useful with drive pedals, where the signal order can have a dramatic effect on the selected mod sound.
Deep Real-Time Control
By default, the MD-200’s multi-function footswitches control bypass, memory scrolling, and tap tempo, but you can easily reassign them to alternate functions as needed. External control is also possible via footswitches or an expression pedal, and MIDI I/O is even provided on space-saving mini TRS jacks. Via MIDI, you’re able to chain multiple 200 series pedals and select memories on all of them at once, and also control various functions from MIDI devices like the ES-8 and ES-5 effects switchers.
MD-200 Modulation Modes
- Chorus—Cutting-edge BOSS chorus derived from the advanced Prime Chorus in the MD-500.
- CE-1 Chorus—Authentic recreation of the legendary CE-1 Chorus Ensemble that includes chorus and vibrato modes from the original pedal.
- Flanger—Cutting-edge BOSS flanger derived from the advanced Prime Flanger in the MD-500.
- Phaser—Cutting-edge BOSS phaser derived from the advanced Prime Phaser in the MD-500.
- Vintage Phaser—‘70s script-type phaser, plus a selectable distortion effect.
- Classic Vibe—Vintage Uni-Vibe sound, plus a selectable fuzz effect.
- Vibrato—Versatile vibrato effect with wide-ranging modulation and tonal adjustment.
- Tremolo—Selectable tremolo and stereo pan modes, plus waveform and tone controls.
- Rotary—Vintage rotating speaker effect with adjustable slow/fast speeds and horn/rotor balance.
- Auto Wah—Expressive wah effect with frequency, resonance, and three filter types, plus selectable guitar or bass operation. Can also be used as a foot wah with an optional expression pedal.
- Slicer—Original BOSS patternClassic Vibe—Vintage Uni-Vibe sound, plus a selectable fuzz effect effect derived from the popular SL-20 Slicer pedal.
- Overtone—Original BOSS effect that uses advanced MDP tech to create unique new sounds with altered pitch and harmonic characteristics.
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Twelve versatile modes provide a wide range of modulation types
- Dedicated rate, depth, and level controls, plus three parameter knobs that change function with the selected mode
- Insert Loop function for positioning external pedals before or after mod effects
- Real-time panel setting and four memories for storing favorite sounds
- Global setting optimizes flanger, phaser, and auto wah effects for guitar or bass
- Panel Lock function disables controls to prevent unwanted changes
- Customizable multi-function footswitches for tap tempo, memory selection, and more
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Micro USB jack for firmware updates
- Runs on PSA-series AC adaptor or three AA-size batteries
- Sampling Frequency: 96 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion: 32 bits
- Processing: 32-bit floating point
- 12 modes
- CHORUS, CE-1 CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, VINTAGE PHASER, CLASSIC VIBE, VIBRATO, TREMOLO, ROTARY, AUTO WAH, SLICER, OVERTONE
- Memory: 4 + Manual
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: +7 dBu
- Input Impedance: INPUT A/MONO, B: 2 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +7 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- ON/OFF switch, MEMORY/TAP switch
- MODE knob, RATE knob, DEPTH knob, E. LEVEL knob, PARAM 1 knob, PARAM 2 knob, PARAM 3 knob
- TAP DIVISION button, MEMORY button
- Display: 7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
- Indicator: TAP DIVISION indicator, MEMORY (MAN, 1--4) indicators
- INPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks, OUTPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL 1, 2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
- DC IN jack
- USB port: USB micro B-type (program update only)
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 3, AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw: 225 mA
- Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use: Alkaline: Approx. 4 Hours
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 3
- Rubber foot x 4
- Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor: PSA-S series
- Footswitch: FS-5U
- Dual footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
- Expression pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
- TRS/MIDI cable: BMIDI-5-35
Size and Weight
- Width: 101 mm, 4 inches
- Depth: 138 mm, 5-7/16 inches
- Height: 63 mm, 2-1/2 inches
- Height (including rubber foot): 65 mm, 2-9/16 inches
- Weight: 610 g, 1 lb 6 oz
- Weight (including battery): 680 g, 1 lb 8 oz
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).