Diverse Sonic Range, Maximum Delay Power
Introducing the DD-8, the most wide-ranging and feature-rich BOSS compact series delay ever. This loaded pedal delivers more of everything—more great sounds, more delay time, more control options, and more connectivity. And it does it all in a standard BOSS pedal that slides easily into any mono or stereo setup. Eleven modes provide delay colors from basic to exotic, plus a looper with unlimited overdub capability and external control support. For maximum versatility in a minimum amount of space, there’s no better delay stomp than the DD-8.
- The most advanced BOSS compact series delay ever
- Eleven versatile modes include basic digital delay, vintage echoes, shimmer, mod, looper, and more
- Looper offers up to 40 seconds of recording time, overdub capability, and three-pedal operation with external footswitches
- Three newly developed delay types: Warm, +RV (delay+reverb), and GLT (rhythmic delay)
- Up to 10 seconds of delay time available with tap tempo input
- Carryover switch sets whether delay trails continue or stop when the effect is bypassed
- True stereo I/O and three selectable output modes (independent, panning, and wide stereo)
- Smart I/O jacks support a variety of connection setups (mono, stereo, wet/dry, wet only, and more)
- Support for external control with two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Unique Twist function available in each delay mode via an external footswitch
- BOSS five-year warranty
Equipped with a diverse selection of delays, the DD-8 packs impressive sonic range into one small pedal. Clean digital delays, vintage analog and tape types, and modulation echo are available, plus specialty delays like shimmer and reverse. There’s a new Warm type for softer echo tones, and a +RV type that blends delay and reverb together. Warp is perfect for dynamic ambient textures, while the new GLT type is great for glitchy rhythmic effects.
Stereo to the Max
Everything sounds bigger and better in stereo, and the DD-8 delivers with full stereo I/O support and your choice of three output modes. The default independent mode provides linked parallel delays on the left and right channels, allowing you to maintain the true balance of stereo input sources in the effect sound. There’s also a panning mode for ping-pong delay effects, and a wide stereo mode for enhanced spatial depth.
The DD-8’s extensive real-time delay options help bring your music to life. You can tap in tempos with the onboard pedal switch, and control the Warp and GLT modes for unique expressive effects. Adding one or two footswitches unlocks more creative possibilities, like on-demand tap tempo, extended looper control, and a cool Twist effect for soaring echo sounds. Alternately, an expression pedal can be used for continuous control of level, feedback, or delay time—or all of them at once.
Having a looper on your pedalboard is a handy thing—it’s great for practice, checking sounds at gigs, and creating on-the-fly backing while performing. The DD-8’s looper mode has you covered, so you don’t have to take up precious space with a dedicated pedal. All looper functions can be controlled with the onboard switch, providing all-in-one operation. But if you prefer to work with extended controls, just connect one or two footswitches to operate the looper’s stop and clear functions externally.
Smart I/O for Easy Setup
The DD-8’s inputs and outputs have smart functionality, allowing you to set the pedal for any application simply by connecting cables in different ways. A variety of mono and stereo connections are supported, including discrete dry and effect outputs for wet/dry setups. It’s even possible to defeat the dry signal entirely, perfect for delay-only blending in a parallel effects loop.
DD-8 Delay Modes
- Analog—Classic analog BBD delay sound.
- Standard—Clear digital delay.
- Tape—Vintage tape-based delay sound.
- Warm—Digital delay with a softer sound.
- Reverse—Backwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones.
- +RV—Digital delay with reverb added.
- Shimmer—Pitch-shifted delay for lush, shimmering textures.
- Mod—Digital delay with modulation added on the repeats.
- Warp—Unique delay with expressive pedal control. Holding the pedal switch increases feedback and level, allowing you to create ambient swell effects.
- GLT—Newly developed delay mode that creates glitchy machine-gun effects when the pedal switch is pressed. Adjust the Feedback and Time knobs for a wide variety of sounds.
- Loop—Loop recorder with overdub capability and up to 40 seconds of recording time with mono input (20 seconds with stereo input).
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- MODE knob
- TIME knob
- FEEDBACK knob
- E.LEVEL(Effect Level) knob
- CARRYOVER switch
- Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- INPUT-A(MONO)/INPUT-B jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT-A(MONO)/OUTPUT-B jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- TEMPO/EXP jack: TRS 1/4-inch phone type
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 65 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 5 hours
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Dry battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor: PSA series
- Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7
- Expression pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
Size and Weight
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 440 g, 1 lb
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).