Boss DD-500 Digital Delay
- Sampling Frequency
- 96 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion
- 32 bits
- 32-bit floating point
- Delay Modes
- 12 modes
- Maximum delay time
- 10 sec.(depends on delay mode)
- Phrase loop
- 60 sec. (96 kHz/MONO, 48 kHz/STEREO)
120 sec. (48 kHz/MONO)
Delay can be applied.
- 198 (99 banks x 2 [A] [B]), 297 (99 banks x 3 [A] [B] [C])
- Foot switch x 3 [A][B][TAP/CTL]
- Graphic LCD (128 x 62 dots, backlit LCD) x 1
- Nominal Input Level
- INPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level
- INPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Input Impedance
- INPUT A/MONO, B: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level
- OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level
- OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Output Impedance
- OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 2 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 20 k ohms or greater
- Buffered bypass or True bypass (with relays)
- INPUT A/MONO, B jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
OUTPUT A/MONO, B jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
CTL 1,2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TSR phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB type B USB-MIDI
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- Current Draw
- 200 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
- Alkaline: Approx. 7 hours
- Owner's manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor: PSA series
Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U, FS-5L
Dual Footswitch: BOSS FS-6, FS-7
Expression Pedal: BOSS FV-500H, FV-500L, Roland EV-5
- Size and Weight
- 170 mm
- 138 mm
- 62 mm
- Weight(excluding AC Adaptor)
- 1.0 g
2 lbs 4 oz.
Hosa MID-203 Dual MIDI Cable, Dual 5-pin DIN to Same, 3 m
Connector(s): Dual 5-pin DIN to Same
Length: 3 m
Masterful Sound, Extraordinary Creative Power
Filled with newly developed BOSS technology, the DD-500 is the most powerful and versatile stompbox delay ever created. This incredible sound-creation toolbox offers 12 distinctive delay modes with exceptional audio quality, plus deep editing controls, a graphic display, patch memories, MIDI, and much more. From basic echo to dead-on emulations of classic delays to incredibly lush spatial textures that take your breath away, the DD-500 will launch your music places you never thought possible.
- Studio-level stereo sound with 32-bit/96 kHz processing throughout
- 12 versatile delay modes from vintage to modern deliver unlimited creative possibilities
- Unrivaled real-time expression with customizable control settings for onboard and external switches
- Graphic LCD for easy, intuitive operation while performing and editing
- Onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Equipped with a built-in Phrase Looper, MIDI, USB, and more
- Selectable buffered or true-bypass operation
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter
Twelve Versatile Delay Modes and Deep Editing Options
With the DD-500’s 12 delay modes, you can create any delay sound you can imagine, and then some. Everything you need is here, from warm, gritty vintage delays and tape echo to complex modern delay lines that employ pitch shifting, filtering, and other unique processing. With the hands-on knobs, it’s easy to shape essential parameters and create great sounds immediately. Each delay type also includes a semi-parametric four-band EQ, modulation, ducking, and many other parameters, allowing you to dive deep and refine tones with maximum precision.
Unparalleled Sound Quality
In the DD-500, every delay mode has been carefully crafted for a unique sonic personality and highly musical tones at every setting, realized by 32-bit/96 kHz processing throughout. And while the DD-500’s delay effects are high-end digital, your straight guitar tone remains 100-percent analog at all times, with your choice of buffered or true-bypass operation. In addition to strengthening the analog dry signal, buffered bypass has the added benefit of enabling carryover, so delay trails are not cut off unnaturally when the effect is switched.
Advanced Features for Stage and Studio Use
In the world of sophisticated delay stomps, the DD-500 stands alone in practical usability. The large, integrated LCD fully supports the pedal’s immense capabilities, giving you clear visibility of delay time, patch ID, and more on one screen, plus sane navigation for detailed parameter tweaks, naming, and system management. And via USB, it’s simple to connect to your computer for patch backup and MIDI I/O opens up many additional control options with advanced setups such as a pedal board incorporating BOSS Effect Switching System ES-8.
Intensive Real-Time Control
With its freely assignable controls, the DD-500 delivers unmatched creative expression and performance flexibility. By default, the A, B, and TAP/CTL switches offer intuitive control for two patches, bypass, bank selection, tap tempo, and more. However, they can be customized to operate in alternate ways, such as providing top-level access to three different delay patches, or allowing you to use two patches at once for layered delay sounds. Instead of tap tempo, you’re able to assign the TAP/CTL switch to various real-time functions like Warp or Twist for a wide range of expressive effects. Even more parameters can be manipulated via an optional expression pedal or external switches, and MIDI I/O opens up many additional control options with advanced setups.
DD-500 Delay Modes
•Standard—Clear digital delay.
•Analog—Emulates classic analog “BBD” delays like the BOSS DM series.
•Tape—Emulates the warm sound of tape-based delay units, including the Maestro Echoplex and legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo.
•Vintage Digital—Emulations of early digital delays from the 1980s, including Roland’s famous SDE-2000 and SDE-3000 rack units and the BOSS DD-2, the original stompbox digital delay.
•Dual—Two different delay lines that can be connected in series or parallel.
•Pattern—Sixteen different delay lines that can be set independently for all types of unique rhythmic effects.
•Reverse—Backwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones.
•SFX—“Special effects” delay with a highly unique sound character.
•Shimmer—Pitch-shifted delays for lush, heavenly textures.
•Filter—Delay with a sweeping filter.
•Slow Attack—Ethereal delays that fade in with playing dynamics.
•Tera Echo—Spacious, animated ambience effect derived from the innovative BOSS TE-2 pedal.
DD-500 Assignable Control Functions
The following functions can be assigned to the DD-500’s onboard TAP/CTL switch and/or optional external footswitches. These assignments are stored as part of a patch.
•Tap—Set the delay in time with a song’s tempo.
•Hold—The delay’s feedback is held continuously while the switch is pressed.
•Warp—Increases the delay’s feedback and level simultaneously for powerful expressive effects.
•Twist—Adjusts multiple delay parameters with a single press, creating wild sounds similar to twisting the panel knobs in real time.
•Moment—Outputs the delay sound only when you hold down the switch.
•Roll 1/2—Cuts the delay time to 1/2 of the current setting when you hold down the switch.
•Roll 1/4—Cuts the delay time to 1/4 of the current setting when you hold down the switch.
•Roll 1/8—Cuts the delay time to 1/8 of the current setting when you hold down the switch.
•Fade In—Fades in the delay sound.
•Fade Out—Fades out the delay sound.
•Assign 1-8—Allows you to assign and control up to eight different delay parameters at once.
Hosa Technology HGTR-020R Pro Guitar Straight to Right-Angle 20ft Cable HGTR 020R
Hosa Pro Guitar Cables are engineered to deliver years of rock-solid reliability. Combining REAN connectors by Neutrik AG with world-class manufacturing techniques, they redefine what performance and value are all about.
Nickel--plated REAN plugs for efficient signal transfer and superior durability
20 AWG Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) conductors for a louder, clearer signal
90% OFC braided shield for a higher signal to noise ratio
Hosa MID-203 Dual MIDI Cable, Dual 5-pin DIN to Same, 3 m
This cable is designed to interconnect MIDI devices. Each lead is wired 5-pin discrete and color-coded for easy identification.
Nickel-plated plugs for rugged durability and efficient signal transfer
Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) conductors for enhanced signal clarity
OFC spiral shields for effective EMI and RFI rejection and flexibility
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).