BOSS CE-2W Chorus Waza Craft Guitar Effects Pedal
Modes3 modes Standard
Nominal Input Level: 20 dBu
Input Impedance1 M ohm
Nominal Output Level: 20 dBu
Output Impedance1 k ohm
Recommended Load Impedance10 k ohms or greater
Controls Pedal switch
Standard/CE-1 Mode switch
DEPTH knob Indicator
CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
OUTPUT A (MONO) jack: 1/4-inch phone type
OUTPUT B jack: 1/4-inch phone type
DC IN jack
Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22)
AC adaptor (sold separately) Current Draw25 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.):
Alkaline: Approx. 32 hours
Carbon: Approx. 18 hours
SIZE AND WEIGHT
Width: 73 mm 2-7/8 inches
Depth: 129 mm 5-1/8 inches
Height: 59 mm 2-3/8 inches
Weight (including battery): 450 g 21 lb
THE WORLD’S FIRST CHORUS SOUNDS, REBORN WITH WAZA CRAFT
Launched in 1976, the CE-1 Chorus Ensemble was not only the world’s first chorus effect pedal, but also the very first BOSS pedal. Three years later, this inventive new sound was squeezed into the blue CE-2 Chorus, and chorus pedals have remained in the compact lineup ever since. Four decades on, the spacious modulated tone of the signature BOSS effect is still loved by musicians everywhere. In 2016, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of BOSS innovation, the original analog chorus sounds are now reborn with the Waza Craft CE-2W. The CE-2W’s Standard mode faithfully recreates the classic CE-2 chorus sound, and adds an expansive new sound field with stereo output, which was unavailable in the mono CE-2. CE-1 mode fully reproduces the stereo chorus and vibrato sounds of the legendary CE-1, with the addition of variable chorus depth not available in the original pedal. To commemorate the birth of BOSS effects, the CE-2W is made exclusively in Japan, just as the original CE-1 and CE-2 were.
The CE-1 Chorus Ensemble, released in 1976
In 1975, Roland debuted the “Dimensional Space Chorus” effect in the famous JC-120 Jazz Chorus amplifier. Released the following year by Roland’s newly formed BOSS division, the stereo CE-1 Chorus Ensemble made it possible for players to achieve the lush, spacious chorus and unique vibrato sounds of the Jazz Chorus with any amplifier setup.
Housed in a robust metal chassis with an attached AC cord, the CE-1 contained the same analog chorus and vibrato circuitry from the original Jazz Chorus amp. While both of these effects sounded great in mono, the CE-1 offered up its real magic when used in stereo with two separate amps. This delivered an incredibly rich and immersive sound experience that was a true joy to play. The CE-2W provides an authentic reproduction of the CE-1’s analog sounds, with additional chorus adjustment now possible with a variable depth control.
The CE-2 Chorus, released in 1979
Soon after the iconic BOSS compact pedal line was launched in 1977, guitarists started requesting the CE-1 chorus sound in this smaller, battery-powered format. In 1979, these demands were answered with the CE-2 Chorus.
Specially designed for guitarists, the CE-2 offered a milder modulation compared to the CE-1, always keeping the guitar sound sharp and well defined. This refined chorus tone was an instant success, becoming the go-to sound for hit guitar tracks throughout the 1980s and beyond. In addition to authentically producing the CE-2’s original mono-only sound, the CE-2W makes the classic pedal’s soft modulated tone available in stereo for the first time ever.
Proudly Made In Japan
The CE-1 and CE-2 represent the early days of BOSS’s longstanding dedication to innovation and quality, which remains stronger than ever at four decades and counting. Bringing together the cutting-edge technology of the time, savvy craftsmanship, and a devotion to helping musicians create great music, these landmark pedals embodied the spiritual mission for every BOSS product since. For this memorable 40th anniversary, the Waza Craft CE-2W Chorus is produced in Japan just like the original pedals, honoring the long, rich heritage of BOSS effects.
The Art of Superior Tone
Since the beginning, the engineers at BOSS have been committed to achieving the finest guitar tones using any technology necessary, from old-school analog circuits to high-tech DSP. This enthusiastic spirit continues on with the Waza Craft series, which brings you exceptional tone and touch response through carefully selected analog components, refined circuitry, and meticulous attention to detail. In Japan, “Waza” is the term for art and technique, and these special edition pedals proudly carry the Waza symbol to represent the pinnacle of BOSS design and craftsmanship.
- Special edition Waza Craft pedal delivers the ultimate BOSS tone experience
- Standard mode provides a perfect reproduction of the legendary CE-2 sound
- CE-1 mode features chorus and vibrato, authentically reproducing the two stereo sound modes in the world’s first chorus pedal
- Includes new sounds not available in the original pedals, including CE-2 stereo output and variable depth for CE-1 chorus sounds
- Rate and Depth knobs provide fine sound adjustment in both pedal modes
- Premium all-analog circuitry with bucket-brigade (BBD) delay line
- Made in Japan to celebrate the 40th anniversary of BOSS effects
- BOSS five-year warranty
Strukture S6P48 Right-Angle Guitar Patch Cable 6 in.
- Length: 6 in.
- Jack: Right-angle
- High quality woven outer covering
- State-of-the-art shrink-wrap sleeve
- Thick ABS sleeve protects solder connections
- Dual right angle connectors
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).