The Modern Solution for the Modern Bassist
The BOSS BB-1X Bass Driver is a premium stompbox designed to make your bass sound bold and punchy. More than just a standard compact bass pedal, the BB-1X is like a preamp, a crucial component in creating quality sound. It captures the essence and subtle nuances of your bass, amp, and playing and emphasizes all their best characteristics.
Incorporating BOSS’ latest MDP technology, the BB-1X delivers a wide range of superior sounds, from natural clean tones to heavy distortion. It adapts and responds to any playing style or register, but never loses the body and core tone of your instrument. The BB-1X’s natural-sounding distortion preserves the high definition and dynamics reflected in the finest details of your sound.
The BB-1X provides a clear sonic outline to enhance your sound, yet never muffles your low end. With the Blend knob, you can easily adjust your tone by mixing the direct signal with the effect sound. Low, High, and Drive knobs offer an extremely wide range of sound creation. These controls not only shape the frequencies, but change the characteristics of the tone as well. The Line Out jack on the BB-1X goes beyond a standard DI out, providing a newly crafted and enhanced direct sound for reaching larger audiences through a PA system. The “1X” in the BB-1X’s name represents the pedal’s premium look, sound, and feel. Whether you’re defining your standard tone or spicing up your sound for soloing, the BB-1X Bass Driver is a must-have for every modern bassist.
Much More Than a Normal Bass Stompbox
Don’t let the appearance of the BB-1X fool you—it’s not just another compact effect pedal. Rather than a standard bass stompbox that’s used occasionally for musical passages or solos, the BB-1X functions more like a preamp and DI that enhances and refines your entire sound.
While many preamps color your sound or drastically change its character, the BB-1X is different. It emphasizes and invigorates the natural characteristics of your bass and amp, as well as the nuance of your playing style. Simply put, the BB-1X Bass Driver takes your normal rig and makes it sound even better!
Endless Possibilities for Creating Your Core Tone
All bassists are concerned with body, punch, and other fundamental sound elements, and need a wide range of adjustability to achieve their core tone. This is where the BB-1X really shines. With our latest technology, you have endless possibilities for producing a polished professional sound. In combination with the High and Low tone knobs, the Blend knob provides exceptional adjustability to dial in the perfect balance to nail your personal tone.
The BB-1X Sound Isn’t Smoke and Mirrors
In order to get a punchy sound with conventional bass pedals, the frequency range is typically narrowed down, resulting in a somewhat unnatural sound. In addition, the low end can get muffled while trying to achieve a transparent, high-definition distortion tone. As the distortion level is increased, the dynamic response is decreased, which limits your musical expression.
Thanks to the advanced technology from BOSS, the BB-1X analyzes the bass signal from several different dimensions in real time. An enormous amount of processing is performed according to the instrument, playing style, phrasing, dynamics, and more. This provides a wide range of possibilities to shape and enhance your sound without altering the fundamental tone of your instrument and amp. Combining solid low end with natural-sounding, high-definition distortion, the BB-1X delivers the dynamic response required to reflect the unique individual expression of every modern bassist.
Specially Tuned Line Out Jack for Impressive Direct Sound
On stage, the bass signal is typically split into two separate outputs using a DI box: one output goes to your bass amp, while the second output goes directly to the PA. The BB-1X features a convenient balanced Line Out jack that functions as a DI when you need it. But make no mistake, this is not your basic line out—BOSS has specially tuned it for superior tone.
The signature stage sound you’ve created with your amplifier and the DI sound presented to the audience can be quite different, because the PA engineer’s main consideration is an overall balanced sound of the entire band. After consulting with many top bassists and pro PA engineers, BOSS carefully considered their suggestions and incorporated some unique enhancements into the BB-1X’s Line Out.
The body and core tone produced by the BB-1X’s Line Out is not the result of simply boosting the low end, which can result in an unbalanced band mix through the PA. Its special tuning provides a full spectrum of balanced sound, while never losing the body, punch, and presence of your individual tone.
Courtesy of your friends at BOSS, you get the best of both worlds with the BB-1X: an output to your amplifier for the stage sound you love, plus a separate DI that delivers optimized tone to the PA engineer for house sound you can trust.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).