- 2x12 Combo: 20” H 27.25” W 10.50” D
- 74 Pounds
Master Volume and Presence
The Master Volume and Presence work on both channels. Experiment with different combinations
between Volume and Master Volume. You can set the Volume high and the Master Volume low or set the Master high and the Volume low. One setting could be just as loud as another, but they will feel and sound different.
Boost Function and Bright Switch
On Channel 1, with the Boost engaged, the Tone Stack is bypassed. This means the Bass and Treble controls are not in the circuit anymore and have no effect on the sound. This was the only way to have a boost function on this channel with the original un boosted tone preserved. With the Bright switch pushed in you get a brighter more open sound; this is less to none effective the higher the Vol.1 is set.
On Channel 2, with the Boost off use Vol.2, with the Boost engaged use B.Vol.2. This makes the boost variable and you are able to set it quite different. With the Bright switch pushed in you get a brighter more open sound. This gets less effective the higher
the Gain is set but still noticeable if turned all the way up.
Your individual channel volume levels contro l how hot the effects loop send signal is, depending on the effect unit you may have to keep the channel volumes lower but you can then turn up the "Global Master Volume" to control your amps overall volume. The Shiva's Loop is a series Loop between the Pre and Power Amp, if you have an older version Shiva made prior to 12/1/05 see below for special info. Current version Shiva’s made after 12/1/05 now have two Effect loop sends and one effect loop return. One send is a low- level Pedal/Instrument level and the other send is a hotter-level Rack/Line effects level. You can only use ONE loop send at a time.
This newer version Shiva eliminates the need for the special "Effects loop cable" that older version Shiva’s made prior to 12/1/05 sometimes needed to prevent effects from being overloaded from the hot loop send the older Shiva’s had. Current Shiva’s allow you to use the new low- level Pedal/Instrument level send for pedals and rack effects with inputs that overload easily. The new hotter-level Rack/Line level loop send is perfect for rack effects or pedal effects with a lot of headroom on their input stage. If you notice, after plugging in an effect through the loop that your tone is distorting or too compressed, try using the low - level Pedal/Instrument level send for pedals and rack effects with inputs that overload easily. If you're still overloading the effects input, remember to lower the individual channel volume levels since they control how hot the effects loop send signal is, you can then turn up the "Global Master Volume" to control your amps overall volume. If you would like to use the
Shiva as a "Power Amp" only with other manufactures Preamps, plug your external preamps output into the "Power Amp In" Input jack on the back panel, located near the Effects Loop section. The "Power Amp In" bypasses the Shiva's preamp, you can still use the Master volume and Presence controls since these controls are part of the power amp circuit
If you switch the Reverb in, you hear a slight level loss. This is because the reverb circuit loads the amp down. On most amps you don't hear that because they don't have real reverb bypass and the amp is down loaded all the time. We decided not to do this because we like the open sound of the amp if you don't use the reverb. It is possible to change that with a very easy modification. Contact the factory for details. You have individual Reverb controls for each channel located on the back panel.
- 2 Channel All-Tube Design
- Ch.1: Bass, Treble & Volume control, Bright switch
- Ch.2: Bass, Middle, Treble, Gain & Volume control, Bright and Shift switch
- Boost mode, variable via independent Volume control on Ch.2
- Common Master Volume and Presence control
- Tube buffered series FX Loop with pedal and rack sends and returns
- Functions on footswitch: ch.1 or Ch.2, boost, reverb
- 80 watt 6L6 power amp
- Available as Head Open back 2x12 combo
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).