- Breedlove Oregon Concerto E (Acoustic-Electric)
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- Solid Myrtlewood Back and Sides
- Eastern Hard Rock Maple Neck
- African Ebony Fretboard
- 1.75" Nut Width
- LR Baggs EAS VTC Pickup System
- Ebony Delta Style Bridge
- Black Body Binding
- Offset Fretboard Dot Inlays
- Breedlove Nickel Tuners
- 25.5" Scale Length
- 20 Frets
- Breedlove Deluxe Hard Shell Case, Owner's Info, and Case Candy Included
- Made In Oregon, USA
- Instrument Weight: 4.6 lbs
Breedlove’s Oregon series are some of the only acoustics I’ve come across that uses myrtlewood for the sides and back. The solid sitka spruce top makes for loud and dynamic projection of the beautiful tone that the myrtlewood helps create. Lush, organic, bassy, and yet shimmery in the top end - the sound of this guitar is as unique as myrtlewood’s interesting figuring. It has the power and crisp top-end of maple, but with a rich, chimey harmonic content all its own. It’s great as a fingerpicker and will provide a nice foundation for the singer/songwriter. The low-profile but effective pickup system makes gigging easy, and the bridge-pin free bridge design will let you change strings on the fly. Perfect for anyone who’s looking for a gig-ready, concert shaped acoustic guitar with a subtle twist. Of course, this one being a dreadnought, it'll have a more pronounced bass response and a little bit less midrange than it's concert-sized counterpart. It's more designed for flatpickers, rather than finger-style players (though it's truly a very versatile guitar) and it can really handle anything you throw at it. Even hard and aggressive strumming can be reigned in by the shape and tone woods of this guitar.
Breedlove's neck shapes are a bit narrower/thinner than traditional acoustics and almost play more like an electric. The fretwork and craftsmanship is top-notch, to allow for very low action, if that's your cup of tea. It will both inspire you and allow you to play for hours on end without having to worry about hand fatigue.
This breakthrough Oregon Concerto design adds volume, power and a more textured voice. Like all Breedlove Concertos, the Sitka spruce top has been SOUND PROFILED to marry efficiently with the myrtlewood back. The result is a huge sound, comfortable to play and alive in the players hands.
When we set out to create a guitar that would surpass the classic big body sound of the dreadnought, we didn’t just want it to be loud. We sought to bring out more tonal complexity, and to offer a much more comfortable playing experience, too. Introducing the new Breedlove Concerto, a new guitar shape created to elicit more volume than a classic dreadnought, and more lush, complex tonal resonance in a comfortable body shape that feels just right. Loud, textured, and supremely satisfying. Using our unique new sound profiling technology, we dial in just the right frequency for each piece of exotic tonewood, bringing out its special characteristics so you hear not just volume, but a palette of distinct tonal flavors. Crafted from woods like myrtlewood, mahogany, rosewood, koa, cocobolo, and Brazilian, the Concerto shape lets each wood resonate in a way you’ve never heard before.
Breedlove guitar necks feature a slimmer neck profile, which enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. Unlike traditional dovetail neck joints that require major surgery for a neck re-set, it is easy to adjust the play action and neck angle with the Breedlove bolt-on neck and single-action truss rod. The hand-rubbed, semi-gloss Breedlove neck finish contributes to ideal playability – the finish process alone takes three days, including precise finish coat applications, fine sanding, and hand buffing and rubbing.
With the goal of crafting the world’s finest guitars, we have applied breakthrough technology that takes sound creation to a whole new level. The debut of our 2017 BIG SOUND instruments reveals the results from work by leading experts, research institutions and our own experimentation. We’ve advanced the creation and projection of sound and complexity of tone by working with—instead of against—the variability in the woods from forests around the world. Music wood varies substantially among species, within trees of the same species and within an individual tree. Each tree has its unique life span experience. There is as much as a 30% variance in the density and frequency of tonewood cut to the same dimension within the same tree. Most guitar production companies ignore these complex inconsistencies, cutting their tops and backs to a uniform, pre-determined dimension. At Breedlove, we embraced a far more complicated process, setting a new standard aimed at getting the most music out of every instrument we build.
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.