- Breedlove Legacy Series Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Single-Cut Concert Body
- Solid Sinker Redwood Top
- Solid East Indian Rosewood Sides and Back
- Honduran Mahogany Neck
- African Ebony Fretboard
- 20 Frets
- Legacy Knot 12 Fret Inlay
- LR Baggs Anthem TRU-Mic Pickup System
- Bridge Pin-Free African Ebony "Delta" Bridge
- Bone Nut and Saddle
- 1 3/4" Nut Width
- Gotoh 381 Chrome Tuners
- 25.5" Scale Length
- 3.75" Body Depth
- Breedlove Hard Shell Case, Owner's Info
- Handcrafted in Bend, Oregon, USA
- Instrument Weight: 4.8 lbs.
- Serial #: 23767
This guitar utilizes a unique tonewood pairing to produce incredible depth, dimension and warmth. I strummed an open E chord and was struck by the clarity and balance of the sound, as well as the sustain - chords ring out for a long time and have a way of shimmering without losing focus. Back off on your touch a bit, and you'll hear the natural sensitivity of this instrument. You can play a lower volumes without sacrificing tone, but when you really lean into it, you can fill a whole room with sound without a problem. The neck on this one is smooth and slightly thinner than what you might find on similar guitars. The pickup system is honest and easy to use. When you plug in, you won't have to worry about sacrificing any of the guitar's natural tonal beauty. Impeccable Breedlove craftsmanship gives this instrument a rock-solid feel. With some time, the sound will open up even more to reveal different tonal colors and depth. This is an incredible instrument as well as a sound investment that can become a lifelong friend.
The Legacy Concert is the epitome of the Breedlove legacy. Iconic for its wood pairings, crafted with salvaged sinker redwood and East Indian rosewood, we are able achieve an amazingly warm and beautiful sounding fingerstyle guitar. This is accomplished through the Breedlove Bridge Truss which enables the softness of the redwood to resonate warm blossoming notes while preserving the integrity of the top. The rosewood back efficiently projects the bass tones and accents the highs, bringing an ideal collaboration between the top and back to achieve Breedlove’s famous warm textured note-for-note clarity.
The Breedlove Concert is the original Breedlove shape. It first appeared in 1992, and has been the best-selling Breedlove body shape ever since. Designed specifically for the fingerstylist to be well balanced, compact, and comfortable to play, it generates a wonderfully articulate range of tone with an ample low end that is never boomy, but always felt. The unique construction also allows the Concert to sing even at a full strum. If you’re a fingerstylist, or are seeking an instrument to use as vocal accompaniment, this is the shape for you. The Concert is engineered to provide exceptional sustain with a pronounced bass response, both of which can be achieved with a light touch. The graduated top works in harmony with the Breedlove Bridge Truss to provide an even response throughout the lows, mids, and highs, with sustain, and clear, concise, note-for-note projection.
Redwood, sequoia sempervirens, originates in the coastal mountains of Northern California in the United States. Redwood is a dark, beautiful top wood favored by fingerstyle players who appreciate clear upper-harmonic content. Sinker redwood comes from logs that were submerged in an oxygen-free environment, in the bottom of lakes or ocean waters, yielding darker, more striped, and often stiffer and lighter, wood. The tone is bold, punchy, and crisp, with rich, strong overtones. It sounds like a cross between spruce and cedar. Coloration can range from a light pinkish brown to a deep reddish brown.
BACK AND SIDE WOOD
Indian rosewood, dalbergia latifolia, originates in India and southern Iran. Indian rosewood has been the standard rosewood choice for decades. It is often associated with the great dreadnoughts, and is an amazingly neutral wood that takes its personality from the player. Well-balanced lows, mids, and highs make it a natural for many styles. For the past 30 years, a vast majority of high-end steel-string and classical guitars have been made from Indian rosewood. It is famous for rich basses and a clear treble response with well-balanced lows, mids, and highs. It is a black-streaked wood with coloration that usually leans toward purplish brown, and then oxidizes to a rich brown color.
BREEDLOVE BRIDGE TRUSS
The Breedlove Bridge Truss (BBT) reduces tension on the soundboard of the guitar, so the top wood is able to vibrate more freely, producing remarkable sustain, balance, and clarity. The BBT also allows for a thinner graduated top, thereby allowing Breedlove craftsmen to bring out the optimal sound from the top wood without sacrificing structural stability. Relieving much of the string tension from the bridge prevents “bridge belly,” ensuring top stability for decades. Guitar strings can exert up to 230 pounds of pull from the nut to the bridge. Traditional methods for preventing top bowing at the bridge usually involve heavy internal bracing and thicker tops. The BBT compensates for this pressure in an innovative way: The BBT is mounted to the bridge from the inside and is connected into the tail block of the guitar, pulling downward on the underside of the bridge to distribute some of the tension, relieving pressure on the top. The resulting tonal effect on BBT-equipped guitars is more resonance and livelier sound with enhanced overtones.
Breedlove guitar necks feature a slimmer neck profile, which enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. Unlike traditional dovetail neck joints that require major surgery for a neck re-set, it is easy to adjust the play action and neck angle with the Breedlove bolt-on neck and single-action truss rod. The hand-rubbed, semi-gloss Breedlove neck finish contributes to ideal playability – the finish process alone takes three days, including precise finish coat applications, fine sanding, and hand buffing and rubbing.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Breedlove players around the world can attest: With consistent, proper care, your Breedlove will give you a lifetime of service – and inspiration. New Breedlove instruments, purchased through an authorized Breedlove dealer, are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship throughout the lifetime of the original owner. In addition to materials and workmanship, Breedlove offers a two-year warranty on tuning machines and electronics packages. Cases and bags are subject to a one-year warranty covering defects in structure and hardware.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).