The night is big. Everything heard and seen under the light of the moon looms closer and larger. Even stillness takes on a life of its own. To evoke the expansive, embracing sounds and silence of night, Breedlove has crafted the most textured big sound in a Breedlove Concert acoustic guitar ever... in the lightest guitar body possible. Meet the Breedlove USA Concert Moon Light, handcrafted in Bend, Oregon. This little guy packs a wallop of a punch!
Sound frequencies travel most efficiently through lighter materials. With this in mind, Breedlove designers sought a solution for the Moon Light that would reduce weight and bring the acoustic guitar to life in a player’s hands. Through this search, they achieved the thinnest finish to-date on a Breedlove – a mere 5mm on top and 2mm for the back and sides.
To achieve the results, they conducted extensive Sound Profiling - frequency testing the Sitka tops and mahogany backs. As a result, the tops are thinner, the backs a bit thicker and the sound hole smaller to hit the target fundamental resonance frequency for textured big sound that still remains tight and focused.
Breedlove wanted the sound of the Moon Light acoustic guitar to speak for itself. So they minimized binding and decoration. Coming in at just approximately 3.5 pounds, the Breedlove USA Concert is almost 25% lighter than the Breedlove Premier Concert Mahogany, which is crafted with the same wood pairings.
The Moon Light features a rich Alaska Sitka spruce top, made from wood salvaged from downed trees in the Tongass National Forest. The Honduran mahogany used for the back, sides and neck are selectively harvested in the Custosel Concession in the Mayan Biosphere of Guatemala.
The Breedlove Concert is the original Breedlove shape. It first appeared in 1992, and has been the best-selling Breedlove body shape ever since. Designed specifically for the fingerstylist to be well balanced, compact, and comfortable to play, it generates a wonderfully articulate range of tone with an ample low end that is never boomy, but always felt. The unique construction also allows the Concert to sing even at a full strum. If you’re a fingerstylist, or are seeking an instrument to use as vocal accompaniment, this is the shape for you. The Concert is engineered to provide exceptional sustain with a pronounced bass response, both of which can be achieved with a light touch. The graduated top works in harmony with the Breedlove Bridge Truss to provide an even response throughout the lows, mids, and highs, with sustain, and clear, concise, note-for-note projection. Breedlove guitar necks feature a slimmer neck profile, which enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. Unlike traditional dovetail neck joints that require major surgery for a neck re-set, it is easy to adjust the play action and neck angle with the Breedlove bolt-on neck and single-action truss rod. The hand-rubbed, semi-gloss Breedlove neck finish contributes to ideal playability – the finish process alone takes three days, including precise finish coat applications, fine sanding, and hand buffing and rubbing. The asymmetrical headstock is featured on CM, Concert, Auditorium, and 12-String body shapes. This headstock isn’t just a pretty shape – it’s specifically designed to keep the strings in a straight, even line from the nut to the tuning pegs. The result is even tension, stable tuning, and ease of alternate tuning. Sitka spruce, picea sitchensis, originates in the northwest United States. Sitka spruce has been the primary top wood for American-made instruments for decades. It is strong and light with extended harmonic content, and it nearly equals the power of Adirondack. It offers a strong, focused tone with a solid fundamental -- perfect for flatpicking styles. When compared with European spruce, Sitka delivers warmer, more fundamental sound, largely free of overtones. Sitka takes a slightly longer period of playing time to open up. It has a straight uniform grain and coloration ranges from white to pink to light brown. Mahogany is a medium-lightweight wood, ranging in color from light brown to dark, primarily used for necks because of the feel and the stability it provides. Balanced, resonant tone with notable sustain. Thick bottom end, rich midrange, and controlled, warm top end. Found from southern Mexico through Central America and south to Brazil and Bolivia.
- Breedlove USA Moon Light Concert Acoustic Guitar
- Concert Body
- Satin Top, Sides, and Back Finish
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- Solid Honduran Mahogany Back and Sides
- Honduran Mahogany Neck
- Ebony Fretboard
- 20 Frets
- LR Baggs EAS VTC
- Bridge Pin-Free African Ebony "Delta" Bridge
- Bone Nut and Saddle
- 1 3/4" Nut Width
- Breedlove Nickel Tuners
- 25.5" Scale Length
- Breedlove Hard Shell Case and Owner's Info
- Handcrafted in Bend, Oregon, USA
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.