The night is big. Everything heard and seen under the light of the moon looms closer and larger. Even stillness takes on a life of its own. To evoke the expansive, embracing sounds and silence of night, Breedlove has crafted the most textured big sound in a Breedlove Concert acoustic guitar ever... in the lightest guitar body possible. Meet the Breedlove USA Concert Moon Light, handcrafted in Bend, Oregon. This little guy packs a wallop of a punch!
Sound frequencies travel most efficiently through lighter materials. With this in mind, Breedlove designers sought a solution for the Moon Light that would reduce weight and bring the acoustic guitar to life in a player’s hands. Through this search, they achieved the thinnest finish to-date on a Breedlove – a mere 5mm on top and 2mm for the back and sides.
To achieve the results, they conducted extensive Sound Profiling - frequency testing the Sitka tops and mahogany backs. As a result, the tops are thinner, the backs a bit thicker and the sound hole smaller to hit the target fundamental resonance frequency for textured big sound that still remains tight and focused.
Breedlove wanted the sound of the Moon Light acoustic guitar to speak for itself. So they minimized binding and decoration. Coming in at just approximately 3.5 pounds, the Breedlove USA Concert is almost 25% lighter than the Breedlove Premier Concert Mahogany, which is crafted with the same wood pairings.
The Moon Light features a rich Alaska Sitka spruce top, made from wood salvaged from downed trees in the Tongass National Forest. The Honduran mahogany used for the back, sides and neck are selectively harvested in the Custosel Concession in the Mayan Biosphere of Guatemala.
The Breedlove Concert is the original Breedlove shape. It first appeared in 1992, and has been the best-selling Breedlove body shape ever since. Designed specifically for the fingerstylist to be well balanced, compact, and comfortable to play, it generates a wonderfully articulate range of tone with an ample low end that is never boomy, but always felt. The unique construction also allows the Concert to sing even at a full strum. If you’re a fingerstylist, or are seeking an instrument to use as vocal accompaniment, this is the shape for you. The Concert is engineered to provide exceptional sustain with a pronounced bass response, both of which can be achieved with a light touch. The graduated top works in harmony with the Breedlove Bridge Truss to provide an even response throughout the lows, mids, and highs, with sustain, and clear, concise, note-for-note projection. Breedlove guitar necks feature a slimmer neck profile, which enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. Unlike traditional dovetail neck joints that require major surgery for a neck re-set, it is easy to adjust the play action and neck angle with the Breedlove bolt-on neck and single-action truss rod. The hand-rubbed, semi-gloss Breedlove neck finish contributes to ideal playability – the finish process alone takes three days, including precise finish coat applications, fine sanding, and hand buffing and rubbing. The asymmetrical headstock is featured on CM, Concert, Auditorium, and 12-String body shapes. This headstock isn’t just a pretty shape – it’s specifically designed to keep the strings in a straight, even line from the nut to the tuning pegs. The result is even tension, stable tuning, and ease of alternate tuning. Sitka spruce, picea sitchensis, originates in the northwest United States. Sitka spruce has been the primary top wood for American-made instruments for decades. It is strong and light with extended harmonic content, and it nearly equals the power of Adirondack. It offers a strong, focused tone with a solid fundamental -- perfect for flatpicking styles. When compared with European spruce, Sitka delivers warmer, more fundamental sound, largely free of overtones. Sitka takes a slightly longer period of playing time to open up. It has a straight uniform grain and coloration ranges from white to pink to light brown. Mahogany is a medium-lightweight wood, ranging in color from light brown to dark, primarily used for necks because of the feel and the stability it provides. Balanced, resonant tone with notable sustain. Thick bottom end, rich midrange, and controlled, warm top end. Found from southern Mexico through Central America and south to Brazil and Bolivia.
- Breedlove USA Moon Light Concert Acoustic Guitar
- Concert Body
- Satin Top, Sides, and Back Finish
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- Solid Honduran Mahogany Back and Sides
- Honduran Mahogany Neck
- Ebony Fretboard
- 20 Frets
- LR Baggs EAS VTC
- Bridge Pin-Free African Ebony "Delta" Bridge
- Bone Nut and Saddle
- 1 3/4" Nut Width
- Breedlove Nickel Tuners
- 25.5" Scale Length
- Breedlove Hard Shell Case and Owner's Info
- Handcrafted in Bend, Oregon, USA
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).