Behringer DeepMind 12 49-Key 12-Voice Analog Synthesizer - Discontinued
A Brief History of Analog Synthesis
The modern synthesizer’s evolution began in 1919, when a Russian physicist named Lev Termen (also known as Léon Theremin) invented one of the first electronic musical instruments – the Theremin. It was a simple oscillator that was played by moving the performer’s hand in the vicinity of the instrument’s antenna. An outstanding example of the Theremin’s use can be heard on the Beach Boys iconic smash hit “Good Vibrations”.
In the late 1930s, French musician Georges Jenny invented what he called the Ondioline, a monophonic electronic keyboard capable of generating a wide range of sounds. The keyboard even allowed the player to produce natural-sounding vibrato by depressing a key and using side-to-side finger movements. You can hear the Ondioline on Del Shannon’s “Runaway”.
Designed by famous piano manufacturer Story & Clark in association with RCA, the Storytone piano debuted at the 1939 New York World’s Fair. Hailed as the world’s first electric piano, the Storytone is prized by musicians and collectors alike for its realistic piano sound – only 500 or so were ever built.
TThe 1939 World’s Fair was a big year for electronic music with Hammond also introducing the first 72-note polyphonic tube synthesizer, the Novachord. It wasn’t exactly portable, as it weighed nearly 500 lbs (227 kg), and contained 163 vacuum tubes – and more than 1,000 custom designed capacitors.
Finding a high level of acceptance in the 1960s, Harry Chamberlin’s Mellotron was an electro-mechanical keyboard that generated sounds by playing back pre-recorded tape loops. Although tempermental and prone to pitch and mechanical issues, the Mellotron was used extensively by many U.K. artists. Classic tracks from the Moody Blues Days of Future Passed, the Beatles “Strawberry Fields Forever”, and the Rolling Stones “She’s a Rainbow” are prime examples.
- Classic polyphonic synthesizer with 12 true analog voices for insanely fat and authentic sounds
- 4 simultaneous world-class TC ELECTRONIC and KLARK TEKNIK FX with over 30 algorithms including Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay and multi-band Distortion
- 12 voices with 2 OSCs per voice with oscillator sync mode
- 2 LFOs per voice with 7 waveform shapes, key sync, MIDI sync and envelope auto-triggering
- 3 ADSR generators per voice for control of VCF, VCA and MOD envelopes
- Flexible 8-channel modulation matrix with 19 sources and over 130 destinations including effects parameters
- 32-step control sequencer with adjustable slew rate and MIDI sync
- Full remote control via iPad*/PC/Mac* and selected Android* App over USB, MIDI or built-in WiFi for extended parameter control
- 49 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity sensitivity and after-touch
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCF and VCA designs
- OSC 1 generates sawtooth and square/pulse waveforms with pulse width modulation
- OSC 2 generates square/pulse waveforms with tone modulation
- Selectable dual slope 12/24 dB analog low pass filter per voice with adjustable resonance
- Envelope faders seamlessly transform individual envelope segments between linear, exponential and reverse exponential curves
- Powerful unison and poly modes with detune, pan spread and drift parameters featuring up to 12 voices per note
- Global noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Incredible polyphonic portamento with flexible fixed rate, fixed time and exponential pitch glide modes
- Sophisticated arpeggiator with tap tempo button and user configurable pattern modes
- Chord and PolyChord memories enable polyphonic performances from monophonic playing styles
- True bypass mode for pure and high-integrity analog tone
- Global variable 6 dB high pass filter with powerful bass boost switch
- 26 sliders and one switch per function give direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Spring-loaded pitch and assignable modulation wheels provide total hands-on performance
- LCD Display with encoder, navigation switches and data value slider for rapid menu parameter editing and program selection
- 1024 user program memories with “compare and match” feature to quickly match all analog controls to values stored in program
- Fully servo-balanced stereo outputs for highest signal integrity
- CV/pedal input for connection to modular systems
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation (including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save)
- Integrated and configurable WiFi client / Access point allows easy and secure connection to home network
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).