- Bolt-On Construction
- Chambered Body
- Arm, Torso and Heel Carves
- Book-matched Solid Premium Flame Maple Top
- Swamp Ash Body
- Roasted Maple Neck, 12-ply Carbon Fiber reinforced
- Roasted Birdseye Maple Fretboard
- Standard Lightweight Gig Bag Included
- Manufactured in Indonesia
- EndurNeck™ Profile
- String spacing at bridge* 18 mm/18 mm
- String spread at nut** 29.2 mm/36.3 mm
- 20″ Fretboard Radius
- 24 Frets
- Jescar 57110 Stainless Steel Fretwire
- strandberg* EGS Rev 2 bass tuners & string locks
- Black Hardware
- Original Luminlay™ Blue Side Dots
- Original Luminlay™ Blue Inlays
- 33″ – 34.5″ (4-string)
- Custom Nordstrand Big Rig humbucker pickups
- Darkglass Electronics ToneCapsule preamp/EQ
- Master Volume w/ push-pull for passive/active
- Bass ± 12 dB @ 70 Hz
- Lo Mid ± 12 dB @ 500 Hz
- Hi Mid ± 12 dB @ 2.8 kHz
- Blend Neck-Bridge
- Instrument Weight: 6 lbs
- Serial #: C1901277
The natural acoustic character of the Boden Bass Prog is perfectly matched with Nordstrand Big Rig dual coil pickups with offset pole pieces that result in a big multidimensional sound and the onboard Darkglass Tone Capsule preamplifier that exponentially expands the instrument’s tonal possibilities. Although superbly versatile and well-rounded, the Prog 4 and 5 excels the most in a dense mix of aggressive and expansive sounds, whether you are filling up a certain frequency range as part of a bigger whole or when you want to cut through to make your individual musical statement.
What makes it special?
The Boden Bass Original was designed to provide exceptional comfort, ergonomics and playability with its lightweight headless construction, multi-scale neck, and the patented EndurNeck neck profile. For the bass player, this is especially important knowing how much a solidbody bass can weigh. The proprietary hardware is constructed of aircraft grade aluminum that plays a major part in the instrument’s unique woody and organic acoustic character besides reducing the overall weight. Premium materials such as Swamp Ash for the body with solid ¼” Flame Maple top and roasted Maple for the neck and Birdseye Maple for the fretboard and proprietary components along with world class manufacturing processes and techniques are used to produce these instruments of exceptional build quality, workmanship, and reliability.
What does it do?
Besides the striking visual design aesthetics and unmatched ergonomic features, the very best materials, components and craftsmanship combine to provide a bass that is easy to play, reduces fatigue for your hands as well as your back, and which produces stunningly clear yet warm organic sounds that will suit virtually any musical genre and style. Acoustically, the Boden Bass Prog is powerful, articulate, punchy and balanced with just the right amount of high-end to cut through the mix and these characteristics are further enhanced and complemented by the highly acclaimed Nordstrand Big Rig dual coil humbucking pickups and the highly-touted and exceptionally versatile Darkglass Tone Capsule 3-band EQ preamp.
Who is it for?
The Boden Bass Prog models are for advanced professional bassists who seek the utmost in playing comfort as well as a wide range of great modern bass sounds that can be used in a variety of professional musical environments, whether that’s a critical time-sensitive recording session or the largest of concert stages in which there is no room for errors. All of the features on the Boden Bass Prog were thoughtfully designed, engineered and implemented with such players in mind – from the premium materials to the scale length of each string and from each component of the hardware to the layout of the controls. The Boden Bass Prog is for the serious bassist who requires a powerful and flexible instrument that sits well in a dense mix and complements heavily overdriven guitar tones as well as expansive keyboard sounds.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Strandberg. This Boden Bass Prog 4 is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).