- Body Material: North American Alder
- Body Shape: New Marcus Miller Jazz Type
- Body Color: Alder Body
- Neck Material: 1 Piece Hardmaple (Satin finish)
- Neck Shape: C-Shape
- Scale: 34”
- Fingerboard (Rolled Edges): Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″
- String Nut: 4string : Natural Bone 38mm width
- Binding: 1 ply Ivory
- Inlay: WH Pearloid Block
- Neck Joint: 4 Bolt Steel Square Plate
- Pickups: Marcus Super-J Revolution set
- Electronics: Marcus Heritage- 3 with Middle Frequency Control
- Controls: Volume / Tone (Dual Pot) | Pickup Blender | Treble | Middle / Middle Frequency (Dual Pot) | Bass, Mini Toggle (Active / Passive )
- knob: Jazz Type Black Plastic
- Bridge: Marcus Miller Heavy Mass Standard
- Tuning Gear: Premium Open-Gear
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Case: Gig Bag
Marcus Miller and SIRE wants to see everyone enjoying and playing music. To make this happen, Marcus Miller and SIRE have been on a mission for past several years to build the best quality bass at a price that is unheard of and make it available to everyone. The result is a new line of Marcus Miller bass models that are awesome sounding, fantastic looking, and high quality but extraordinarily low priced. We are happy that SIRE Marcus Miller basses are now available and anticipate more people to play and enjoy music.
North American Alder
A popular choice for most bass guitars is the North American Alder. Other basses at this price range commonly use Basswood or Agathis tonewood but Sire Guitars chooses the traditional North American Alder which is known for its strong clear full-bodied sound, with beefy mids and excellent lows that is perfect for the traditional jazz bass sound.
- The wood choice for the body: premium swamp ash tone wood / North American alder.
- It is built North American Alder which is a high-quality tonewood that is not common in this price range bass.
- High-quality premium Jazz bass pickups made with US-made Heavy Formvar coil.
- The pickups have been upgraded and made with Fiber Bobbin and Alnico 5 magnet, and US manufactured heavy formvar wires for that rich and strong Jazz bass sound.
- Built with the new Marcus Miller’s heavy mass bridge. This bridge has been specially designed and manufactured at the request of Marcus Miller.
- By adding a heavy mass saddle to the traditional jazz bass bridge, more rich and punchy tone is generated.
- The top quality new Marcus Miller 3band eq/preamp system.
- SIRE’s 3-band EQ preamp is a new development for the Marcus Miller series bass in order to meet the needs of Marcus Miller’s versatility and to cover various styles of music.
- Lacquered and finished fretboard
- Your fretboard will be protected and last longer, regardless of the strings you use. A thin and smooth finish is applied for increased longevity and ease of playing.
SIRE preamp is a perfect example that represents our technology and philosophy integrated into our instruments. With multiple tone controls, you can have total command in finding and getting the tone you want. The use of 18v battery enables the player to attain unaltered natural sound with strong and powerful output. With 3 band EQ, the player can have versatility in sound that can be suited for all occasions of music sessions. All models come with an option for active and passive settings. Even in the passive mode, volume, tone, pickup balancer is fully functional, giving the player more controls for the tone in any mode. All models also come with sweepable midrange control option that Marcus Miller advocates as a must-have option. The middle frequency control knob allows the player to set sound frequency anywhere between 80Hz~2kHz. This option will be very handy in finding the desired sound.
Marcus Miller Super-J Revolution pickup set is an upgraded pickup version made with US formvar coil in order to reproduce the traditional vintage jazz bass sound. This pickup is made with fiber bobbin and alnico 5 magnets and also heavy formvar magnet wire that is also made in US. Marcus Miller Super-J Revolution pickup set allows players to experience a rich and strong original vintage jazz bass tone.
JAZZ BASS TYPE
Jazz bass type is the industry standard bass model with its signature vintage sound. This is an all around bass that is suitable for fingering, slap and all techniques and style of playing. With both classic and modern feel and design, this new bass can produce the desired sound for any genres of music from soft to strong metal grunge music.
STABLE AND ACCURATE SOUND WAVE TRANSFER
Marcus Miller SIRE V7 bass is equipped with newly designed Marcus Miller SIRE Bridge which is specially developed with Marcus Miller’s request. This bridge has the characteristics of vintage jazz bass with heavy mass saddles. This combination produces a rich and punchy sound. New Marcus Miller Bridge is a string-thru body bridge mechanism that allows for more tighter, accurate and stable tone.
STABLE AND ACCURATE TUNING
Tuning Gear: Sire Premium open gear Equipped with SIRE’s own premium open gear head machines developed with accurate gear ratio, the head machines are very reliable in turning.
The nut is one of the most important parts of the guitar that influences the performance, playability, and tone of the instrument. Depending on the quality of the material and elasticity, the nut can improve the sound or degrade the sound. Although bone nut is more costly and harder to work with, it is considered to deliver more balanced, clearer and smoother tone than plastic or eurite material.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Sire. This Marcus Miller V7 2nd Gen is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll bass. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).