Model Name: Diamond-P Plus
Item Number: 2858
Guitar Colors: Dark Vintage Sunburst (DVS)
- Dexterity: Right Handed
Country of Origin: South Korea
Construction: 6 Bolt-On
Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Top Material: Flamed Maple
Top Contour: Flat Top
Neck Material: Maple with Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Rods
Fretboard Material: Maple
Inlays: Black Dots
Scale: 34" (863mm)
Frets: 20 Narrow X-Jumbo
Fretboard Radius: 12" (305mm)
Neck Shape: Thin 'C'
Thickness: @ 1st Fret - .826" (21mm) / @ 12th Fret - .905" (23mm)
Nut: Graph Tech XL Ivory Tusq
Nut Width: 1.653" (42mm)
Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32" (4mm) Allen Nut
Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan MM SMB-4D
Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound P SPB-3
Controls: Master Volume (Series-Parallel Push-Pull) / 4-Way Rotary Pickup Selector Switch / Active Seymour Duncan 2-Band 'STC-2S-B0' EQ
Battery Compartment: 18-volt with Screw Plate
Hardware Color: Chrome
Bridge: Wilkinson Bass WBBC with Custom String Thru Body
Tuners: Grover Vintage Bass 142 Series
Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
Strings: Ernie Ball 4-String Super Long #2849 (45-105)
Case: SGR-5SB *Case Sold SEPARATELY*
The New Redesigned Schecter Diamond-P Plus Bass
For 2015 we took the Diamond-P shape and redesigned it from the ground up to have a Vintage look while having top of the line electronics, versatile tone possibilities, and modern construction.
Starting with the Seymour Duncan Pickups, the Bridge pickup is the MM style ‘SMB-4D’, and the Neck pickup is the Quarter Pound P ‘SPB-3’. The SMB-4D is a hum-canceling pickup offering a balanced, highly musical tone contour with a richly articulated bottom, lots of midrange, and the treble has a great bite. The SPB-3 pickup features quarter-inch diameter pole pieces expanding the magnetic field and extending the frequency ranges for a fat, full, punchy sound with tremendous mid-range presence and maximum output. Though often used for heavy rock tones, this pickup gives amazing tonal versatility to a single pickup instrument making this the most popular Seymour Duncan Bass pickup.
The Master Volume knob features a ‘Series-Parallel’ Push-Pull pot wired for the ‘SMB-4D’ MM Bridge pickup. In ‘Series’ (Down position) the Seymour Duncan MM is wired as a high output Humbucker with Massive Low-end and amazing Midrange Attack. In ‘Parallel’ (Up position) still hum-cancelling the pickup has a wonderful Vintage tone rounding off the Midrange and focusing on a sparkling Treble upper spectrum in tone.
We were looking for the most versatile tone possibilities so we developed this bass with a 4-Way Rotary Pickup Selector Switch. This gives you the option to combine the Bridge and Neck pickup in Series or in Parallel.
- Bridge Pickup
- Bridge & Neck in 'Parallel'. This is the normal side by side wiring method for two bass pickups. This position retains brilliance and additional clarity on the high end.
- Bridge & Neck in 'Series'. This humbucker wiring method adds 30% Output compared to Parallel adding a fuller, and more powerful sound. Taking the SMB-4D and Quarter Pound SPB-3 pickup, both massive on their own, and then selecting the 'Series' position you get a Superbucker with enough torque to kick start a 10,000hp Dragster. Inspiring and groundbreaking in tone.
- Neck Pickup
We took these wiring features and then added the Seymour Duncan 2-Band Active EQ with 18v system for even more tone shaping versatility. This enables the player to add or subtract EQ at center frequencies voiced specifically for electric bass. The lows are deep, clear, and tight. There are two treble ‘dip switch’ frequency centers to choose from. The lower setting is perfect for adding growl and bite to traditional P, J, and MM tones. The higher setting provides crystal clear top end to modern-sounding, full-frequency bass tones with punishing clarity without any brittleness.
After we got the Electronics tricked out we worked on the Construction of the bass.
The Bolt-on Neck Joint was reshaped and contoured for smoother access to the higher frets.
The Neck is bolted down with 6 Bolts for a stronger Neck/Body bond.
Carbon Fiber reinforcement rods are used in the neck to strengthen the neck relief and preventing any neck shifting.
The Fretboard features a 12” radius adding a Modern roundness to the feel.
The Wilkinson WBBC bridge was Customized with a ‘String-Thru Body’ design for a Vintage look & sound and Modern String-Thru for added String Resonance & increased Sustain.
Grover 142 Series ‘Vintage’ Bass tuners. Precision and durability with classic styling make these bass machine heads ideal for a Vintage look and Modern functions. The die cast housing is a sturdy foundation for maintaining center lines of the worm and gear. A fixed bearing surface in the housing creates a smoothtuning surface for easy tuning and 22:1 gear ratio. The safety string post and “elephant ear” button provide utility and a vintage look.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Schecter. This Diamond-P Plus is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact bass you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).