- G&L USA JB
- Pharaoh Gold
- Lightweight Empress Body (sonically similar to alder)
- Hard-rock Maple Neck - Satin Clear Neck Finish
- Ebony Fretboard - Mother of Pearl Block Inlays
- 1 1/2" Medium C Neck Shape - 1 1/2” nut width, generous edge roll, and medium taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.920” at 12th fret. These specs were part of the #6 and #8 necks.
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- Bone Nut
- 22 Medium Jumbo PLEK Dressed Frets
- 34" Scale Length
- G&L JB Alnico V Single-Coil Pickups
- Knobs: Volume, Volume, Tone
- Saddle Lock Bridge
- Custom G&L Ultra-Lite Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- 3-Ply Black Pickguard
- G&L Deluxe Hardshell Case
- G&L Certificate of Authenticity and Specs Sheet
- Instrument Weight: 7.8 lbs.
- Serial #: CLF1903031
The G&L JB is all about subtle refinements to a timeless design. But in this Pharaoh gold color, we think it's sure to grab people's attention before you even plug in and start playing it. It looks beautiful and sounds like an absolute powerhouse.
Paul Gagon, the tone and pickup guru over at G&L, analyzed hundreds of coveted old-school basses from the '60's. He found that part of their revered status had a lot to do with inconsistency. Back in the day, each bass rolled off the line a little differently, so some were "accidentally" built perfectly. These near perfect "Holy Grail" basses inspired and informed the G&L JB. The looks, feel, sound and vibe are familiar and reliable, but there are tweaks hiding in the design that'll please your ears and hands for years to come. The tone is a rich, all-purpose sound that will enliven your ideas without getting in the way. The neck feels like an old friend and the overall craftsmanship is absolutely impressive. This is one of those basses that you wouldn't be surprised to see a $3k price tag on. It feels like a high-end, boutique instrument... and it is... just without the high-end price tag. It's right in line with Fender's mass-production USA-made offerings while providing a vast array of additional options.
This is the perfect go-to bass for every kind of player. The lightweight empress body still provides plenty of sustain and punch for your notes without being back-breakingly heavy. If you've been looking for a jazz bass that you can play for hours on end without worrying about back problems or shoulder fatigue... Well, how does 7.8 lbs sound to you? It's perfectly balanced and weighs so little you'll forget you even have a bass strapped around your shoulder (not literally... but you get the point). Other upgrades on this one include an ebony fingerboard and beautiful mother of pearl block inlays.
This is the perfect companion in the studio, on the big stage, or for just jamming out with your buddies in the garage for hours and hours on end.
The JB’s classic Alnico V pickups have tone reminiscent of the best examples from the early ‘60s, thanks to the work of Paul Gagon, G&L VP Engineering. Gagon found his inspiration reviewing original prints stored in Leo Fender’s private laboratory at G&L, but that was just the start. About 30 years ago, Gagon was an R&D engineer at another company when he was tasked with finding out what was so special about the early bolt-on basses many players raved about. Gagon tirelessly analyzed many examples of what were considered “holy grail” basses, spending time out on the shop floor talking to builders still working in the pickup department since the ‘50s, all on a quest to discover where the real mojo was – and wasn’t. What he learned from the builders matched his own engineering analysis. You see, back in the day, the actual spec of pickups coming that down that old production line varied considerably. That meant coming up with the right specs was more challenging than simply following the prints, and Gagon’s persistence paid off as the JB serves up delicious, classic tone.
This JB projects a time-honored yet subtly progressive vibe, embracing the past yet unafraid of moving forward. The slim, hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, while its comfortable 9 1/2″ radius and Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets deliver silky playability. What’s more, the JB features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The moment you open the deluxe Tolex hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with an instrument of timeless elegance and a delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on™.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive “hook” headstock design, ASAT, Magnetic Field Design and MFD are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
Music Store Live is proud to be one of the top authorized G&L dealers on the planet. We do our best to stock inventory of what our team of experts feels is the best combination of specs, specifically, so you don't have to wait for a custom order from G&L. With that said, if you haven't found what you're looking for, we would be happy to custom order a G&L for you. G&L’s factory works like a big custom shop, so it’s easy (and inexpensive) to get exactly what you want. Finish, body wood, fingerboard, pickguard, bridge, neck profile, neck finish, nut type, frets, tuners, binding – there are nearly 1 million possible combinations of specs on a G&L. We love helping our customers make their dream guitar, so don't hesitate to reach out to us if you want to make your custom G&L a reality!
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).