- Sandberg Forty Eight
- Metallic Red - Cream Racing Stripes
- Hardcore Reserve Aged
- Alder Body
- Canadian Hard Rock Maple Neck
- Maple Fretboard
- White Pearl Block Inlays
- Zero Fret
- 34" Scale
- 14" Fretboard Radius
- 39mm (1.53") Nut Width @ Zero Fret
- Thin D-Shape Neck
- Neck Thickness: 21mm @ 1st Fret
- Graphite Nut
- Cream Pickguard
- Chrome Hardware
- Sandberg Reverse Split Coil and Power Humbucking Pickups
- Sandberg (designed by Glockenklang) Custom 2-Band Boost/Cut Preamp (9V)
- Controls: Volume (push/pull for active/passive), Blend, Bass, Treble
- Sandberg Custom Bridge: 18.5mm - 20mm Adjustable String Spacing
- Sandberg Gig Bag Included
- Serial #: 32724
- Instrument Weight: 8.4 lbs
- Made In Germany
Music Store Live is proud to be an official Sandberg dealer! Made over in Europe, with the finest German engineering, the Forty Eight bass will slap a smile on your face that you just can't shake.
This one has been tastefully relic'd to look like it has been through some serious stuff. At the same time, it's not over-the-top and doesn't look like you just dragged it from the back of a truck down a brick road. Sandberg does some of the best relic jobs, in our opinion, as well as building some of the finest instruments in the world. This one hits the mark in every way and instantly became a shop favorite.
Sandberg basses are already very well known over in Europe and are now gaining popularity here in the U.S. for being some of the finest hand-made boutique basses available. The playability is just simply off the charts. The bass has a classic and timeless look to it, but the fun really starts once you put it in your hands. Along from the simply divine neck, which feels like you've already been playing it for a decade or more (in a very very good way), you'll notice a very flat fretboard on there. This makes grooving or playing fast licks a breeze up and down the fretboard. Runs that require string skipping are much easier and the ease of playability almost feels like it makes you, the bassist, better in turn.
The design of this bass is clearly pure Rock n' Roll through and through. But here's the kicker - it balances really well and doesn't at all feel heavy nor does it have any neck dive! So this beauty will be a joy to play whether you have a long studio session, a long gig standing up on stage, or a long rehearsal/jam session with some friends.
As well as being effortless to play, this Sandberg Forty Eight comes loaded with some powerful and thoroughly kickass electronics. Under those pickup covers lies the same pickup configuration found in the VM models. A reverse split-P pickup in the neck and a big ol' humbucker by the bridge. By placing the E, and A string pole pieces closer to the bridge, you end up with a tighter, punchier, and more focused tone on the bass strings while having a slightly fuller and rounder sound out of the D and G treble strings. The resulting tone is one that will sit perfectly in a mix, no matter how many other instruments are playing along with you, and will never be muddy or indistinct. Add to that, the zero fret which eliminates that disparity between the way your fretted and open strings sound, and you truly have a bass with even response across all strings and notes.
It doesn't get much more rock n' roll than this beauty! Another clear example of why Sandberg are such favorites here at the shop.
Sandberg Guitars was founded back in 1986 by Holger Stonjek and Gerd Gorzelke. Since then, they have been producing hand-made instruments at the highest quality. This bass features Sandberg's Forty Eight body shape. The body is made out of European ash and the neck is Canadian hard rock maple with a maple fretboard sporting black block inlays. Sandberg reverse split-coil and power humbucking pickups as well as a custom wound Glockenklang 2-band preamp round out the electronics.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized Sandberg Guitars dealer. Along with our amazing inventory, we can custom order any Sandberg bass or guitar you'd like.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Sandberg. This Forty Eight is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).