- Sandberg California Ida Nielsen Signature
- Soft Aged Black Gloss Finish
- Matching Headstock
- Asian Silk Pickguard
- Alder Body
- Canadian Hard Rock Maple Neck - Satin Finish
- Birdseye Maple Figured Fretboard w/ Black Blocks
- Luminlay Side Dots
- Zero Fret
- 34" Scale
- 14" Fretboard Radius
- Thin C-Shape Neck
- Nut Width @ Zero Fret: 39.5mm (1.56")
- Neck Thickness: 21mm @ 1st Fret
- Graphite Nut
- Gold Hardware
- Hipshot De-Tuner on E-String
- Sandberg Black Label Pickups
- Glockenklang/Sandberg Custom 2-Band Preamp (9V)
- Controls: Volume (push/pull for active/passive), Blend, Treble (acts as a passive tone knob when the preamp is disengaged), Bass
- Sandberg Custom Bridge: 18.5 mm - 20 mm Adjustable String Spacing
- Thumbrest Included (goes between the neck and bridge pickups... or wherever you'd like to install it!)
- Sandberg Gig Bag Included
- Made In Germany
- Serial #: 32718
- Instrument Weight: 8.3 lbs
Music Store Live is proud to be an official Sandberg dealer! Made with the finest German engineering, this bass will slap a smile on your face that you just can't shake. This one, perhaps moreso than most. Goddess of slap, Ida Nielsen, is best known for her work with The Purple One, The High Priest of Pop, His Royal Badness, the one and only Prince, in the most recent iteration of his band before he passed away. Now she's got a Sandberg signature bass all of her own and it absolutely rocks!
The bass is flashy, sexy, and classy all in one. It commands attention without stealing the spotlight. Everything from the obvious gold hardware and Asian silk pickguard to the birdseye figuring on the fretboard makes this a bass that will sound amazing and look just as good under the bright lights. The Soft Aging treatment done on this is just that; it's not at all over the top and is hardly even noticeable from a distance. It looks basically brand new until you get up close and see the subtle checking lines and some light signs of wear to make it look like the bass has been on the road, seen some things, and has some stories to tell. But they've left the majority of the relic job for you to do so you can build your own memories with it. This is Sandberg's lowest level of aging.
Here at Music Store Live, it was actually videos of Ida Nielsen playing a Sandberg VM-4 with Prince that first got us interested in Sandberg basses and the possibility of selling them in our store. This signature model of the TM bass has the black label pickups for added punch and a bit more of an in-your-face sound than the Delano pickups that come on other TM models. Ida's favorite position on the pickup blend knob is notated with a very small dot just slightly forward of the center detent so you know exactly where to go if you want to copy her tone.
Additional features that you won't see, but absolutely add to the value, comfort, feel, and sound of this bass is the vibration treatment that Sandberg gives each of these. This has a genuine impact on the resins and crystals in the wood in the body and along with ending up with a lightweight bass, you get a bass that sounds like it's broken in while still looking mostly shiny and new! You can really feel the resonance and vibration of every single note against the body of the bass. It's thoroughly impressive!
You don't need to want to sound like Ida Nielsen to appreciate this bass... Heck, you don't even need to know who she is to realize what a beast of an instrument this is. If you like a jazz bass on steroids kind of sound and want immaculate construction in a package that isn't afraid to turn some heads with the way it looks... this is exactly what comes to mind. This is a full on funk machine first and foremost, but it can also rock hard with no problem!
I think we built a very beautiful bass with lots of different sound options, but most importantly – a bass that is super funky sounding! I hope you think it is as beautiful as I do" - Ida Nielsen
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Sandberg. This Ida Nielsen Signature Bass is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).