Pro Tools redefined the music, film, and TV industry, providing everything you need to compose, record, edit, and mix audio. And now with Pro Tools 12, which sets the stage for Avid Cloud Collaboration and the upcoming Avid Marketplace, you can access the industry standard in more affordable ways than ever. Create with a low-cost subscription or own the software or a complete system outright (perpetual license).
Qualifying upgradesTo upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 12 or Pro Tools | HD 12, you must own one of the following Pro Tools licenses, which will need to be surrendered upon activation:
Pro Tools upgrades*
- Pro Tools 9, 10, or 11 (or 12 if you purchased a new Pro Tools system)
- Pro Tools Express bundled with Pro Tools | Mbox, Fast Track Solo, or Fast Track Duo interfaces only (InMusic versions of Pro Tools Express are not eligible)
- Pro Tools M-Powered 6–8 or MP 9
Pro Tools | HD upgrades*
- Pro Tools | HD 9, 10, or 11 (or 12 if you purchased a new Pro Tools | HD system)
- Pro Tools 9 or 10 with the Complete Production Toolkit
All Pro Tools upgrades and crossgrades include an annual Avid upgrade plan, renewable annually, which provides all future Pro Tools software upgrades for one full year—including the upcoming cloud collaboration and Avid Marketplace features—plus, access to world-class professional support around the clock. After one year, simply renew your plan annually to stay current.
Got a new Pro Tools system?
All Pro Tools and Pro Tools | HD upgrades are now only available through an annual upgrade plan. Because Pro Tools and Pro Tools | HD systems do not currently come with an annual plan, you can purchase a Pro Tools or Pro Tools | HD 12 upgrade above—even if your system came with version 12—to get on a plan, which provides one year of future upgrades, renewable annually.
See all Pro Tools licensing options
Why upgrade to the latest Pro Tools?Depending on which version of Pro Tools you’re upgrading from, the following may be new to you:
- Unleash your creativity with multiple times more processing power
- Add epic numbers of virtual instruments and effects to create richer sounding mixes
- Get unrivaled sound quality and powerful 64-bit performance to handle bigger mixes
- Speed up mix delivery with faster-than-real-time offline bounce
- Monitor record inputs on native systems with ultra-low latency
- Edit (Pro Tools | HD only) and play HD video right in the Pro Tools timeline—without transcoding
- Polish mixes with over 60 64-bit AAX virtual instrument and effects plug-ins
- Enjoy the benefits of being on the Avid MediaCentral Platform
- Mix with confidence using extended metering, including gain reduction (Pro Tools | HD only)
- Control multiple Pro Tools | HD systems with Satellite Link, now included (Pro Tools | HD only)
- Connect and collaborate with other Pro Tools users around the world through the cloud (coming soon)
- Store and archive your sessions locally or in the cloud (coming soon)
- Sell your music and other sound assets in the Avid Marketplace (coming soon)
- Document, manage, and track your assets with a universal metadata schema (coming soon)
- Enjoy track freeze and many more exciting new features coming throughout 2015
For complete details, visit the Pro Tools product page.
- Stay up to date as all future Pro Tools upgrades are included with your 1-year plan and accessible from the cloud as soon as they’re available; simply renew your plan annually ($199/year for Pro Tools, $599/year for Pro Tools | HD) to stay current
- Get help whenever, wherever, and however you need it, with world-class experts available worldwide to answer questions and resolve issues
For details about what these plans include, visit the Pro Tools Licensing page.
* Please note that Pro Tools 12 and Pro Tools | HD 12 require an iLok USB Smart Key (aka, iLok 2), available for purchase here. While both versions of software can be used standalone, they do not work with Mbox (first generation), Digi 001, legacy Pro Tools | HD “TDM” systems, or legacy Pro Tools | HD “blue” interfaces (trade in your old HD TDM rig and save up to 40%).
Ensuring Your Success!
As your trusted partner, our Customer Care team is committed to helping you work through whatever comes your way, from reducing downtime and speeding recovery, to making the most of your Avid investment.
Our Standard, ExpertPlus, and Elite support plans enable you to protect your revenue, reputation, and productivity, no matter the circumstances, so you can:
Implement new features and functionality at a predictable expense
Improve your efficiency so you can complete critical projects on time
Keep your systems running smoothly through software updates and fast issue resolution
Avoid downtime and prevent risk with industry best practices and proven solutions
Contact your Avid sales professional or reseller to learn more.
Supported Channels: Unlimited web suppor (24 hour response), one standard phone support incident per month, forums.
Software Upgrades: Included
For-fee Options: Advance Exchange Hardware Coverage (2-business day ship)
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).