- Transducer Type Dynamic
- Frequency Response 68 Hz - 18 kHz
- Polar Pattern Hypercardioid
- Output Impedance 280 ohms
- Sensitivity 1.2 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Capsule Technology VLM Type B
- Off-Axis Rejection >30 dB
- Maximum SPL ≥144 dB
- Power Requirements None
- Connector 3-pin XLRm
- Polarity Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Materials / Finish Black Hard Coat
- Weight 128 g / 4.5 oz
- Length 100 mm / 3.9 in
- Includes DVICE Mounts and Carry Pouches
Audix D2 Trio 3-Piece Drum Microphone Package (Includes DVICE Mounts and Carry Pouches)
The Audix D2 Trio is everything you need for miking your toms, all in one convenient package. The tailored frequency response of the D2 drum microphone gives you all the punch, clarity and warmth needed for percussion without being muddy or boomy. The proprietary VLMTM (Very Low Mass) capsule technology provides superior transient response and more accurately captures every detail of your music. The included DVICE mounts let you squeeze these microphones into tight places eliminating the need for bulky microphone stands.
Designed, machined, assembled and tested by Audix in the USA, the D2 is a dynamic instrument microphone used for stage, studio and broadcast applications. The D2 is characterized with a hypercardioid pickup pattern for isolation and feedback control and is equipped with a VLM™ (Very Low Mass) diaphragm for natural, accurate sound reproduction.
The D2 is lightweight, compact and easy to position. With a wide frequency response of 68 Hz - 18 kHz and the ability to handle sound pressure levels in excess of 144 dB, the D2 is an excellent choice for miking instruments with a percussive nature such as rack toms, congas, saxophone, guitar cabinets and brass.
The D2 is manufactured with a precision machined aluminum body, durable black anodized finish, dent resistant steel mesh grill and gold plated XLR connector. Transformerless design, low impedance, and balanced output allow for interferencefree performance even with long cable runs.
ARCHITECT AND ENGINEER SPECIFICATIONS
The microphone shall be of the dynamic type operating on the moving coil principle and the capsule shall be VLM Type B. The polar pattern of the microphone shall be hypercardioid. The nominal output impedance shall be 280 ohms at 1 kHz.The microphone shall have a sensitivity of 1.2 mV / Pa at 1 kHz and shall handle a sound pressure level of ≥144 dB. The microphone body shall be machined of aluminum and the grill cap shall be steel wire mesh. The overall dimensions shall be 21.5 mm in diameter at the base, 39 mm in diameter at the widest point and 100 mm in length.
OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
The D2 is a low impedance microphone and should be plugged into a “mic level” input of your console, mixer, or recording device. Please note that your microphone does not require phantom power and will not be affected in any way by phantom power should it be running simultaneously while the microphone is in operation. Avoid plugging or unplugging the microphone from the PA system unless the channel is muted or the volume of the system turned down. Failure to do so may result in a loud “popping” noise which could seriously damage the speakers in the PA system provided when not in use. Moisture of any kind can adversely effect the sound and performance of your microphone.
The D2 has an extremely tight hypercardioid pick-up pattern in order to help eliminate sound from other instruments on stage from “bleeding” into the microphone. For this reason, the D2 is exceptionally effective in capturing the sound of each component of a drum or percussion kit.
Drums & hand percussion: As a general rule, the bottom of the D2 grill should be 1-2 inches above the head of the drum and pointed towards the center. For more “ring” pull the mic back towards the rim. For less ring and more overtones, position the mic 1-2 inches inside the ring. For more attack, place the mic very close to the head and for more overtones and decay move the mic further away from the head.
Guitar cabinets: The D2 can be placed within 1-2 inches of the grill cover at a 90 degree angle pointing directly at the speaker. If the mic is placed closer to the edge of the speaker, you will minimize the higher frequencies and get a warmer, fatter tone. To capture more highs, move the mic closer towards the center of the speaker.
Horns: Place the mic within 1-2 inches of the bell, especially when on a stage with drums, bass, guitar, etc. For jazz, classical, and music where the stage volume is lower, the mic can be placed further away for a richer, fuller sound.
- Professional dynamic instrument mic for live sound or studio
- Full response with punchy mid-bass
- VLM Capsule
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).