|Frequency Response||30 Hz - 60 kHz +/- 1 dB balanced output, 20 Hz - 60 kHz +/- 1dB 1/4" output|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||<0.1% @ max gain|
|CMMR||> 60 dB @ max gain|
|Equivalent Input Noise||-128dBu typical ("A" wtd., Shorted XLR balanced input, gain @ max)|
|Input Impedance||1M Ohms 1/4" input, 5K Ohms XLR input|
|Input/Output Connections||Input: XLR balanced or 1/4" balanced. Output: 1/4" unbalanced XLR balanced, transformer isolated.|
|Maximum Gain||+80 dB (balanced in-out, +64dB (unbalanced input, balanced output)|
|Maximum Input Level||unbalanced (Inst): +15 dBu, balancd (mic): +10 dBu|
|Maximum Output Level||+19 dBu (Line mode)|
|Output Impedance||XLR: <600 Ohms, 1/4": <300 Ohms|
|Low Cut Filter||-3 dB @ 70 Hz, 6dB/Octave|
|Phantom Power||Switch selectable, +48Volts DC, filtered, current limited|
|Chassis Type||All aluminum black anodized with integral rubber sides|
|Power Requirements||9VAC @ 1000mA (external)|
|Attack Time||<1 ms (limit), 20 ms (comp.)|
|Release Time||150ms (fast), 20ms - 3s Program dependant (Auto)|
|Tube Type||Hand selected 12AX7a|
|Compressor Slope||2:1 (Comp.) / 11:1 (Limit)|
|Dimensions||1.75"H x 5.9" W x 6.5" D (44.5mm x 150mm x 165mm)|
|Weight||2.9 lbs (1.32 kg)|
|Notes||0dBu = 0.775V rms
Weight includes power supply and packaging
The Tube MP/C (PreAmplifier/Compressor) is a multi-purpose tool for audio engineering and recording. Two independent circuits featuring a tube-based analog preamplifier and a VCA-less compressor with optical gain reduction control are housed in one, convenient desk-top chassis. Used as a mic/line preamp or as a DI (direct) box, the Tube MP/C is designed to work seamlessly with any recording, sound-reinforcement, or electronic instrument setup. A R T's Tube MP/C circuitry is a hybrid design utilizing the latest, most advanced, solid-state and tube technology.
The preamplifier's active balanced solid-state input provides extremely low noise and excellent common mode rejection. The ¼-inch high impedance input prevents loading of any connected device making the Tube MP/C perfect for DI or line level applications. The preamplifier's second stage 12AX7a tube runs on a regulated DC voltage providing an additional 20dB of gain.
The compression circuit features a VCA-less design and utilizes optical electronics (Vactrol) coupled with a 12AX7a vacuum tube gain stage for superior musical performance.
Optional ART SM1 stand mount securely attaches the Tube MP/C to any microphone stand for live stage or studio applications is available.
- Tube-based mic/line preamplifier with up to 80 dB of gain
- Hand-selected 12AX7a tube
- Optical (VCA-less) compressor circuitry = transparent dynamics control
- ¼-inch unbalanced inputs and outputs
- XLR balanced inputs and outputs
- Transformer isolated XLR output
- Selectable output range for Line/Instrument interface levels
- LED meters for Tube Warmth, Gain Reduction and Output level
- +48V phantom power
- Phase reversal switch
- Selectable release time settings
- > 90dB dynamic range
- Custom extruded aluminum chassis
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).