Dual Professional Passive Direct Box
|Frequency Response||10 Hz - 50 kHz, ± 0.5dB @ +4 dBu|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||.01% Typical @ 1 kHz, +18 dBu
<.05% @ 100 Hz,
|Channel Separation||> 80 dB (typical)|
|Input Connections||1/4" TRS Unbalanced (2), 50k Ohm|
|Thru Connections||1/4" TRS (2)|
|Output Connections||XLR Male Balanced (2), 600 Ohm|
|Input Attenuation||Switchable, (0 -20, -40dB)|
|Filter Type / Response||Switchable, Low Pass, -3 dB @ 30 kHz|
|Dimensions||1.85"H x 4.6"W x 3.9"D (47mm x 117mm x 99mm)|
|Weight||0.88 lbs (0.40 kg)|
The DUALZDirect provides two independent high quality totally passive interfaces that let you connect instrument, line, or speaker level signals to a mixer or other balanced inputs through high performance audio isolation transformers. Each of the high impedance single-ended 1/4" inputs is converted by a transformer into an isolated, balanced, low impedance signal output. The DUALZDirect's audio transformers have an extremely flat and wide frequency response and can handle high signal levels. This gives the DUALZDirect a very clean and neutral sound with a wide variety of signal sources and over long signal runs in high noise environments.
The input ATTENUATOR switches allow for a wide range of signal levels and the input THRU jacks allows for tapping off of your signal chain. The GROUND LIFT switches let you totally separate the input and output signal grounds, when appropriate, to isolate two systems, thereby reducing hum and ground-loop noise.
What further sets the DUALZDirect apart from other "DI" boxes are its extended features and versatility. We have added switchable low pass FILTERs that cut out all very high frequency interference. These Bessel filters on the outputs are placed out of the audio range and are primarily intended to reduce radio frequency interference before it gets into the main system. The filters are also very effective in reducing any digital computer noise artifacts when using the DUALZDirect as an interface between a computer-based audio workstation and your monitors. The PHASE INVERT switches, while not normally included with your "run of the mill" DI box, have been added to allow you to switch signal polarity right at the source. This feature is especially handy when you are combining a direct tap with a microphone feed in the mix.
The compact black-anodized all aluminum case and it's passive design allow the DUALZDirect to provide years of trouble free service in Live Sound, Permanent/Fixed Install, D.J., and virtually any PA application. It's full feature set, rugged construction, and high-end specifications make the DUALZDirect the obvious choice.
- Fully passive, high performance transformer design. No battery required.
- Converts 50k Ohm inputs into 600 Ohm balanced outputs
- Switchable input attenuation (0, -20, -40 dB) Switchable low pass filter
- Switchable phase invert
- Switchable ground lift (fully isolates inputs from chassis and outputs)
- Rugged extruded aluminum case
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).