|SOPRANO REGULAR SET high G||83U||RED SERIES||7.30|
Aquila 83U Red Series Soprano Ukulele Strings (High-G Tuning)
A unique feeling and a strong, consistent sound. Until now, it was necessary to increase the gauge of a string for it to produce a lower-pitched note. But increasing the string’s diameter also increases internal dampening. That makes the string less bright, less responsive and more muffled; the thicker the string, the duller the sound. Our revolutionary new approach — unique to us — changes the specific weight of the material, increasing it progressively to leave the gauge almost unchanged. The result is amazing: instruments sound brighter, more powerful and more responsive through the entire range of the fret board. The strings also maintain their intonation better, because thicker strings need to be fretted harder, pulling them further out of tune.
RED SERIES sets provide superior performance over traditional strings for musicians who love bright sounds and powerful voicing across the full scale of the instrument.
Who never dreamed of tuning the ukulele in low G, without using a fourth wound string type? As well affecting the overall sound quality of the ukulele, wound strings introduce a variety of other problems:
- a shorter lifetime than the treble strings
- sound power that is too bright and intrusive compared to the plastic treble strings
- excessive sustain
- noise caused by the fingers of the left hand
- rapid oxidation of the metal wire caused by the acidity of the sweat.
The only alternative solution used today is the use of a fluocoarbon string. Its performance, however, is never entirely satisfactory as for a low string to be really good, it must not only use materials of a high density but also some flexibility and fluorocarbon is unfortunately a very stiff material. Density is in fact the secret of quality sound in a low string and we are happy to announce that we managed to overcome this difficult technological challenge (tried by many others but without success). Unwound fourth strings available single packaged now finally exist! Now, with our new RED SERIES stri ngs you can finally tune your ukulele to Low G with the certainty of powerful sound quality and a superior intonation across the frets that is fully integrated with that of the upper treble strings.
- The technical solution adopted was firstly to make the Nylgut elastic and then add red copper powder in order to increase the density to about twice that of standard white Nylgut.
- Color: red-brown
- Surface: slightly rough; this texture has eliminated the squeak that sometime occurs with the Nylgut strings.
- Elasticity/Elongation: consistent with white Nylgut!
- Performances: better than the first elastic version! They do not break under tension providing rapid, stable tuning!
- Intonation: accurate past the 12th fret
- Pressing the string firmly down on the frets does not cause the note to sharpen.
- It is not necessary to file the nut slot wider to accommodate our RED SERIES string, as was necessary with the previous fluorocarbon G strings.
- Density: about twice than standard white Nylgut.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).