- Tom Anderson Icon Classic
- Satin Olympic White
- Alder Body
- Maple Neck and Fretboard
- 25.5" Scale Length | 22 Stainless Steel Medium Frets
- 1 5/8" Nut Width
- Even-Taper Neck Back Shape
- VA7, VA7R, VA7+ True Single-coil Pickups
- Push/Push VA Boost (we absolutely LOVE this feature!)
- Push/Push Add Bridge (for positions 1 and 2)
- Volume and Tone Controls
- Vintage Style Tremolo Bridge
- Bone Nut
- Locking Tuners
- Tortoisshell Pickguard w/spare Mint Pickguard (shielded)
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System
- Hardshell Tolex Case
- Serial #: 03-03-18A
- Instrument Weight: 7.2 lbs
Tom Anderson guitars are some of the best electric bolt-on guitars you're going to find. This Icon Classic model is a remarkably well balanced instrument built with a staggering level of precision and poise. It's going to look reminiscent of other guitar shapes from the past, sure, but make no mistake about it, this is not your father's Strat! It's as if this Olympic White goddess was forged atop mount Olympus and infused with cosmic powers.
This can go head-to-head with any bolt-on guitar of this shape and style in the world (and we'd put our money on it winning)! No doubt about it. It's hard to convey how cool the satin Olympic White finish looks through the photos, but it really gives this a unique spin on a color that we've all seen so many times. The satin white is absolutely beautiful and contrasts well with the tort pickguard OR will match very well with the spare mint pickguard that is also included!
The way this guitar feels and how effortless it is to play is indescribable... but we'll try. This is well beyond the "that's a pretty comfortable neck shape" feeling. This thing has one of the smoothest and most comfortable necks and fretboard rides we've ever felt. The fretwork and overall fit-and-finish are beyond perfect. The guitar arrived into the shop with freakishly low action and plays like an absolute dream. As with every Anderson guitar that we've seen before, we couldn't help but to just marvel at this for a while when it first came into the shop.
Tonally, we went with some vintage-sounding true single-coils. The middle one is reverse wound and the bridge pickup is slightly overwound. Let's be honest here, we basically said "what would happen if Tom Anderson built a Hendrix-like strat?" and that's kind of the loose vision behind the configuration that we chose for this one. Overall, at its simplest, this is still designed to remind you of the way a strat used to sound in the good ol' days. The pickups are rich in harmonic content and can easily go from bright and twangy to warm and round with the use of the tone knobs, playing style, and the pickup switching. This is sure to become your favorite strat even before we get into the cool "under the hood" features.
Now... If you want to really have some fun, each of the tone knobs are push/push to unlock some extra sounds. There's a VA Booster which adds about 4db of gain boost and changes the color of the pickups a bit so that it handles distortion and saturation with some more punch and definition (we absolutely adore this feature!). The other tone knob is push/push to add the bridge pickup when you're on the 5-way in a position that does not already include the bridge. This is where this guitar will really demolish the competition. The versatility that these 2 push/push features add is so cool and can really help make this a go-to S-style guitar for any type of music.
Sure, this might look like a familiar body shape, but this is sure to redefine your idea of what a strat is supposed to be. Vintage sound meets elite, modern construction quality and playability with a few extras under the hood for fun... This is it. This is the one!
- Full-sized S-style body silhouette
- Top Jack
- Three numbered knobs
- One rear strap button
Clicking the booster transitions the pickups to the next level, as though we put the “next hotter” set of pickups into your guitar. VA Boost is subtle sweetness and saturation. It is not like a foot pedal embedded in your guitar. We find foot pedal level boost better applied and adjusted on the floor in front of your amp. The combination of VA Boost and your favorite pedal can be a magic one.
VA 7R: Reverse wound VA7 for hum-cancelling configurations.
VA 7+: Hotter output for balanced neck to bridge transitions.
Position 1: Neck Pickup
Position 1 alt: Neck + Bridge Pickup
Position 2: Neck + Middle Pickups
Position 2 alt: Neck + Middle + Bridge Pickups
Position 3: Middle Pickup
Position 4: Middle + Bridge Pickups
Position 5: Bridge Pickup
Our in-house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).